Tannehill Practice Reps 11/7 | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill Practice Reps 11/7

This is most likely an 8-8 team as it is right now. They still play the Bills twice, the Jags at home, etc. Do I think a healthy Tannehill gives them another win or two because of his ability to make throws that BO isn't? Yes, I do. That doesn't make them SB contenders, but anyone who thought that before the season was delusional anyway.
LOL I wasn't talking about Super Bowl contender. I'll just say you have much higher expectations than me for a Tannehill return.

LOL I wasn't talking about Super Bowl contender. I'll just say you have much higher expectations than me for a Tannehill return.

You really don't think a healthy Tannehill would have given them a better chance at winning this weekend than BO?

You really don't think a healthy Tannehill would have given them a better chance at winning this weekend than BO?
I don't think either qb would propel us to win Sunday. Are you asking me if Tannehill might lead us to an extra 3-7 points in a loss? Sure why not. I don't think we see a "healthy" Tannehill this season even if he does play again.

You believe this offense doesn't need a big leap from the qb to be a contender this year? Or are you just satisfied with an 8-8 season? Tannehill has played 5 games since 2016 and hasn't had many plus grades in those. This team is even more depleted than it was, and the team problems that have held him back this year aren't getting any better. This offense isn't getting fixed with a few basic passes. To be a contender this season it needs a BIG leap from the qb.

I think the OL is beaten up yet again and at this point probably ‘below average’ at best, so yes inserting Ryan would help the QB play but we stand no chance with that line so why bother?

I honestly think he gets shut down if he can’t go in Indy or just after.

I don't think either qb would propel us to win Sunday. Are you asking me if Tannehill might lead us to an extra 3-7 points in a loss? Sure why not. I don't think we see a "healthy" Tannehill this season even if he does play again.

And that's fair. We're kinda dealing in hypotheticals at this point.

I mean at the end of the day only NE and KC are SB contenders. Everybody else, including us, are pretty much in the same boat. They'll be playoffs but I'll be shocked if it doesn't come down to these 2 teams. Heads and toes above the rest of the pack.

I mean at the end of the day only NE and KC are SB contenders. Everybody else, including us, are pretty much in the same boat. They'll be playoffs but I'll be shocked if it doesn't come down to these 2 teams. Heads and toes above the rest of the pack.
I don't put us in the same boat as Steelers or Chargers and the Texans showed us we belong on a raft.

I guess but WHEN the AFC Championship game is KC vs NE I guess I'll be proven right :).
Like I said earlier I wasn't talking about Super Bowl contenders and I agree KC and NE are top two teams right now. I just don't agree about us being in the same boat as the teams I mentioned. SD, Pit are pretty much locks for the playoffs and could beat one of those top two. We haven't and still don't fare well against teams with winning records, hopefully i'll be proven wrong.

Texans game was on a short week and I think that matters but none of this really does if tanny doesn’t come back so instead of arguing over what essentially means nothing right now cause of the qb situation I think I will just take a walk.

Funny I'm listening to the 3 ypc guys now and I've been predicting a partial labram tear for a long while. Again, I bet he's doing stem cell treatments. Ryan is probably done for 2018 which sucks ass but it is what it is. I hope he can get in there but I really don't think there will be.

Texans game was on a short week and I think that matters but none of this really does if tanny doesn’t come back so instead of arguing over what essentially means nothing right now cause of the qb situation I think I will just take a walk.
I was just using Texans as a comparison to same boat teams. Houston's roster was ravaged w/ injuries too. I doubt Carolina lays and egg tonight like we did.

Funny I'm listening to the 3 ypc guys now and I've been predicting a partial labram tear for a long while. Again, I bet he's doing stem cell treatments. Ryan is probably done for 2018 which sucks *** but it is what it is. I hope he can get in there but I really don't think there will be.

Well the stem cell treatments certainly worked for his knee (if I'm remembering correctly) so this is obviously on the up and up. I expect him back in a few weeks.

Back to reality. It's over.

What linebacker play? With the exception of Kiko and one play by Baker, you would hardly know we had ANY linebackers on this team. Last I heard our secondary is making all the tackles on this defense. No wonder Jones pulled himself, he’s probably tired of being the team’s primary tackler.

Do you watch the games at all??

Kiko and Baker are leading the team in tackles. Both are linebackers. Raekwon is 4th on that list. Jones is 6th with 35 tackles.

A partial tear of the Capsule is what he has. It takes 6-8 weeks to fully heal with no movement and rest with minor re-hab. But, if he keeps simulating throws and puts stress on the Capsule he re-aggravates it and more pain will exist each time. I had this when I was in College hurts like a Mother*ucker. I hate to say this: But, he will not be ready Week 12. Therefore we'll have to wait for after November to see where he is at. IR looks inevitable but, he is a strong tough guy so if he can deal with the pain and play you never know.

See, the fluid in the Capsule can build up and their will be friction again. He will need surgery after the season or IR and surgery then. Sucks. He was playing well. Seriously.

Back
Top Bottom