Tannehill Practice Reps 11/7 | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill Practice Reps 11/7

Judging from the way he reinjured his knee, I’m not surprised he’s in full pads. Personally I would have put him in one of those inflatable Sumo wrestler suits.

Fork it. Done

Tannehill had a good run..... for a few weeks in his 7 year career.

What a coincidence those "few weeks" happened immediately following the firing of an unqualified H.C, as if those don't play a role in a QB's success lol. He's still 1/1 making the playoffs with a real H.C (all I care about), and Gase ain't even all that. RT should have beat Rodgers the first time they played and he's outplayed RW and Cousins in each head to head contest, but queasy happened in GB...

What a coincidence those "few weeks" happened immediately following the firing of an unqualified H.C, as if those don't play a role in a QB's success lol.

I think he was talking about 2016 . . . Not the Titans and Texans games in 2015

I think he was talking about 2016 . . . Not the Titans and Texans games in 2015

To me it's the same difference, I knew we would be a much better team in '16 and that's all because of who we started the year with at H.C, that was the teams real problem for most of RT's career imo. Coaching matters.

Inevitable shoulder surgery incoming. Book it. Unless he’s just stubborn as hell and refuses it, but you won’t see healthy tanny again till surgery is over. It will be a cat and mouse game till he finally gets it

Hopefully, there are some clips with him attempting to throw the pigskin.
But on the surface that doesn't look good.
My son played college baseball through two shoulder surgeries, I would be surprised if Tannehill ever fully comes back from this. Throwing a football is a much more stressful motion, watching him try to go through his throwing motion I can tell he can’t raise his arm overhead without excruciating pain, throw in getting hit and landing on that shoulder. Oz is going to have to find a way to find three more wins

If he can't even lift his arm high enough to throw now, there's no way he's going to be able to in a few weeks. It's not just pain, as he said in his press conference. It's the stiffness - it's literally impossible for his arm to go high right now, pain aside. They are likely loading up the capsule with steroids to try to get the inflammation down. We'll see if it works...

It's a bizarre type of injury, not well understood. That's why you're seeing so much uncertainty from everyone about it.

If Tanne was trying to be 100% truthful about the surgery question he would say this injury is not evaluated for surgery until 10 weeks after.

It's a shame that this looks like ANOTHER injury that will linger and is not being dealt with properly. You have to feel bad for RT because the directions that he is getting from the training staff/doctors seem to be misguided. If he is STILL having pain just lifting his arm up over his shoulder, something is very, very wrong.

I gotta admit it's not looking good for us, 6-10 is our destiny if Ryan doesn't return after the bye week.

I love Tannehill. I think he's a great guy and I've been a supporter of him for a long time. However, I think this could be a blessing in disguise for Miami. I think the majority of us know by now Tannehill isn't a top 5-10 QB. So, now we get to move on from Tannehill with this injury and draft a QB. For better or for worse..

I am fearful that we go into next season with Brock as our starter though... Would be a horrible feeling.

I gotta admit it's not looking good for us, 6-10 is our destiny if Ryan doesn't return after the bye week.
Naw. We could sweep the bills with me at QB. Colts are a toss up as are the Jags and Packers. The schedule is overrated

What a coincidence those "few weeks" happened immediately following the firing of an unqualified H.C, as if those don't play a role in a QB's success lol. He's still 1/1 making the playoffs with a real H.C (all I care about), and Gase ain't even all that. RT should have beat Rodgers the first time they played and he's outplayed RW and Cousins in each head to head contest, but queasy happened in GB...

Technical question, what’s the cutoff for saying Tannehill made the playoffs?

There are so many different permutations. If he played 8 games and the team went 4-4, then he was injured, and the team went 8-0 without him, does he get credited with “making the playoffs”?

Does he simply need to be on the active roster during a season when the team made the playoffs?

I get it, the team was 8-5 when he started in 2016. But they hadn’t clinched a playoff spot.

Anyway, serious question. Not trying to stir things up. Just found it odd that you termed it Tannehill “making the playoffs” after he missed the final 4 1/2 games of the season (including the playoff game),

Back
Top Bottom