Tannehill To Bengals A Possibility | Page 17 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill To Bengals A Possibility

While we’re at it, Jackson had more than 200 yards ONCE in 8 games as a starter. It was 204. HE led the team to the division championship? How about the 2nd best defense in the league?

Well people say Tannehill lead the Dolphins to the playoffs in 2016 and he averaged 226 yds of total offense through 13 games which is pass yds+rush yds-sacks yds. During the win streak from week 6-13 (8 games) he averaged 217 yards of total offense.

While Jackson averaged 225 through 8 games.

I wouldn't want either on my team but just saying.

I hope ryan can find a top 5 something wherever he ends up to play with at some point. sure would help. o line, run game, defense. something.

it was never in the cards in Miami. preferably o line or defense.

Well people say Tannehill lead the Dolphins to the playoffs in 2016 and he averaged 226 yds of total offense through 13 games which is pass yds+rush yds-sacks yds. During the win streak from week 6-13 (8 games) he averaged 217 yards of total offense.

Yep, but that won’t mesh well with the narrative. Ryan CARRIED this team in 2016. Oline sucked, Defense sucked, Ajayi was a one trick pony and we were poorly coached . . . .Ryan and those 217 total yards of offense had him at an elite level . . .don’t slander him!!

:woot:

this is where numbers in a vacuum need more context. like the last 5 games of the season the ravens lead the league in rushing. now there's zero doubt that jacksons legs threat opened up a lot of that and he even did a lot of it himself at times but you saw the way san diego played that qb in the wildcard game schematically right? how much they basically said you aren't gonna beat us with zone read heavy concepts etc and how they put dbs as lbs on the field to get into gaps before the o line could get to them vs the run and snuffed it completely out. and how much lamar jackson the pocket passers warts came out?

I'm just checkin.

dudes, tanny can have perfect qb statistical rating, that wont keep him from being a choking sucko.

Tannehill did not finish the 13th game, so technically what you’re showing isn’t the average of 13 games.

The 2018 Ravens had a top 3 defense while the 2016 Dolphins had a bottom 3 defense.

The 2018 Ravens had the 2nd best running game in the league while the Dolphins were ranked 14th, even with Ajayi’s huge games. Yes, part of that running game was Jackson but he also had 10 fumbles in those 8 games.

If someone is trying to tell me that Jackson was more of a factor the Ravens went to the playoffs this year than Ryan Tannehill was for the Dolphins in 2016, I will say it’s an anti Tannehill agenda more than anything else.

yeah I forgot our defense was horrendous in 2016 lol. not sure how I could.

this is where numbers in a vacuum need more context. like the last 5 games of the season the ravens lead the league in rushing. now there's zero doubt that jacksons legs threat opened up a lot of that and he even did a lot of it himself at times but you saw the way san diego played that qb in the wildcard game schematically right? how much they basically said you aren't gonna beat us with zone read heavy concepts etc and how they put dbs as lbs on the field to get into gaps before the o line could get to them vs the run and snuffed it completely out. and how much lamar jackson the pocket passers warts came out?

I'm just checkin.

Oh I agree Jackson is nowhere near a polished passer as one would like, but he was also facing the 8th ranked defense in his 1st ever playoff game as a rookie QB so I wouldn't judge him too harshly.

Personally I don't believe he'll ever be a truly successful pocket passer which is why I said I wouldn't want him on my team too much of an injury risk imo.

Oh I agree Jackson is nowhere near a polished passer as one would like, but he was also facing the 8th ranked defense in his 1st ever playoff game as a rookie QB so I wouldn't judge him too harshly.

Personally I don't believe he'll ever be a truly successful pocket passer which is why I said I wouldn't want him on my team too much of an injury risk imo.

I think the real take away here is ravens couldn't play it any other way with Jackson in 2018. so it's not like you could go in at half and pivot to something else more passer ask etc and prosper. and this is a copy cat league so he better make some serious offseason strides as a pocket passer this offseason. he's gonna see a ton of those similar schemes in 19 til he makes teams pay for it with his arm consistently.

yeah I forgot our defense was horrendous in 2016 lol. not sure how I could.

It was bad from a yardage standpoint, but we did well enough from a PPG standpoint . . .17th. Which is exactly where the offense finished.

By the end of the year we were starting Rambo/Thomas along with Paysinger and Butler at LB. It should of been a 40 burger every game.

oh I remember Rambo and paysinger in the nickel as a starting backer. boy do I. it was worse cause Miami had no other option. which was frankly roster mismanagement prior to the season even starting. to think paysinger could be a starting nickel well baffling stuff. to have it as plan b even baffling

oh I remember Rambo and paysinger in the nickel as a starting backer. boy do I. it was worse cause Miami had no other option. which was frankly roster mismanagement prior to the season even starting. to think paysinger could be a starting nickel well baffling stuff. to have it as plan b even baffling
We've had some bad teams across the years. Easy to block some of that out

I forgot about butler too. lol the only thing he was decent at was goalline/occasional short yardage poa

not a lot unlike our sorry backer stephone anthonys stint in Miami.

we've had more than our share of suck.

was tannehill the qb when the starting WRs were like Naanee, Bess, and Hartline or something like that? or was that henne even

was tannehill the qb when the starting WRs were like Naanee, Bess, and Hartline or something like that? or was that henne even

Pretty sure that was tanny early. We signed that wr from Jax Wilford maybe who was horrific too and paid him legit money. Lol

So many fails thru the years personnel adds draft you name it

Back
Top Bottom