Tannehill to the Broncos Rumor

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by DolfanISS, Mar 10, 2018.

1. SCLSU Mud Dogs

SCLSU Mud Dogs UCF 13-0 Finheaven VIP Donator

Later!

Ray R, Third Eye and Dolph N.Fan like this.
  2. Tiko377

Tiko377 A True Fan

Don't Gase & Elway hate each other? How will this happen lol

3. 13mademeafan

13mademeafan Member

While thats mostly true, QB's are coming out and doing very well. Watson was lighting up the league before he got hurt. Saying that I'd rather keep Tannehill.

4. CSONKA1966

CSONKA1966 Well-Known Member

If we do trade tanny, I would totally suck next year and draft the kid qb from the bulldogs. I do not want the 4th best qb in this draft

5. Laser13

Laser13 Well-Known Member

It’s not happening. No NFL team is going to trade for a QB coming off injury that hasn’t played football in almost two years.

I really don’t see it.

Michael Scott likes this.
  6. Avigatorx

Avigatorx Sec. 107 Row 2 Finheaven VIP

Fromm was a true freshman, he wont be coming out for at least another 2 years, and knowing the dawgs, they will probably make sure he plays a full 4 seasons.

Laser13 and BobDole like this.
  7. BlueFin

BlueFin Seer of Visions Finheaven VIP

Actually McCartney wrote and sang that one...though John was given half writing credit as per their agreement.

Austin Tatious likes this.
  8. MiamiMuss

MiamiMuss A True Fan

I have never been a big supporter of Tannehide but there is just no way we can do this.
    Now if Suh is the trade bait that would be acceptable .

9. Phinsguy

Phinsguy A True Fan

But....but....but... this just MAY be his year!!! (Wash, rinse, repeat year after year for "his year" that never comes).

10. Dolph N.Fan

Dolph N.Fan A True Fan

A lot of people proving they’re Tannehill fans and not really Dolphins fans smh

emoticon likes this.
  11. Third Eye

Third Eye Scout Team Finheaven VIP

Yout devotion to RT runs so deep. Classic
    so true. It’s bizarre world in here.

SuperMarksBros. likes this.
  12. Third Eye

Third Eye Scout Team Finheaven VIP

Everyone’s rankings of these QBs differ.

13. emoticon

emoticon Rookie Finheaven VIP

In the unlikely event of a trade, I will check the boxscore to see how Tannehill performs. I might even watch a series or two. But switch allegiances? That's crazy ****!

14. DolfanISS

DolfanISS Perennial All-Pro Finheaven VIP

I would stick with what we know and keep Ryan. The QB class is being hyped because it's that time of year but I heard over and over again during the season last years class was better. There's likely a guy worth a shot if he falls to us, why not, but I don't think there is a guy worth mortgaging everything over in this draft. I still say we stand pat at 11 and draft defense but the QB hype train will not end until after the draft, especially when there are 5 decent prospects.

Also, Miami Dolphins Zone may not be the best place for news. I just saw this, it was the first time and posted about it. Some people are so uptight about rumors. It's not hard to just take everything for what it's worth. You don't need a brain to realize nothing is close to 100% unless Rappaport or Shefter reports it. This place has made many guys leave and stop posting stories/rumors because they take a silly fan message forum too seriously.

15. Bufeo

Bufeo Active Member

This is a possibility if Gase and the Dolphins are high on both Rosen and Mayfield because at least one of them will be there at 5!

If this happens it will be a rebuild, so I could see Suh going to Denver as well. Vance loves Suh. Suh loves Vance!
    Broncos know their pass rush was better when Malik Jackson was there collapsing the pocket so they would love to get Suh.
    Dolphins eat the guaranteed money and Suh restructures to get under Denvers cap.

Tannehill and Suh to move up to 5?......James and CJ in the mix as well?....a pick or two involved?.... Anything is possible!

16. Austin Tatious

Austin Tatious Starter

As has been said everywhere, all the quarterbacks have major concerns. I’d say the one with the most fake concerns is.....Josh Rosen. He’d be a great pickup for Miami. Why do scouts complain? He’s had a couple of concussions. That’s a real concern. People say he’s rich, bright, and parties. That is not a real concern. I gather the kid is competitive, works hard, and won’t get arrested. He’s a big talent and I see a good NFL starting career unless the concussions persist. He’s a steal if he doesn’t go number one over all because that’s what he profiles as — a number one overall pick type. If the concussions don’t get him, worst case scenario is Matt Ryan but I think Rosen is more dynamic.

My next guy would be Josh Allen. Ridiculous arm strength. People are down on his accuracy. But he had no talent around him. His accuracy will probably improve with coaching compared to what he saw at Wyoming. He’s going to make the big play, slicing bullets through heavy wind and cold. You’d want a good running game to go with him, because I see more of a Roethlisberger and not a ball control guy who gets it out quick and with high volume to control the ball.

Picking the third guy is tough. I’m torn between Darnold and Mayfield. Darnold is an athlete and competitive. Ball security is a risk and I don’t think a coincidence. I don’t see the same talent that Rosen has, but to each his own.

Now I go Mayfield. At the end of the day, unless somebody is stupid, I’m not sure you have to trade up to get him. He’s 6’0 215 and doesn’t run well. He’s overrated because the reality is he lacks competitive composure and reacts emotionally but it’s dubbed moxie. In football, fans love it. They see a 6’0 guy and start screaming Russell or Brees. But, he could just as easily profile as Cade McNown. He’s a little guy with an ok arm who’s not athletic, but loves to tell everybody how competitive he is. It’s an all timer for marketing. He was schemed to throw in wide open windows. When you see him have to make a throw without wide open windows, it can get ugly fast. Look at that pick late in the end zone in the playoff game. Terrible throw and a red flag as to who he is as far as arm and having to make a play against tight coverage without the gigantic windows. I like the kid as a college player so I consider him a viable guy, but he’s unbelievably risky. He could be Brees if he adjusts. He could also be Cade McNown, a guy with similar size and who also lacked athleticism. He was purported to be fiery but he didn’t translate. It’s a complete crap shoot with Mayfield. I like him and hope he succeeds but the bust potential is extreme. You’re taking a leap of faith here.

Lamar Jackson also has flags but don’t be shocked if he ends up the 2nd or 3rd best guy based on his NFL play. I think he’s underrated and would be a pain to deal with on another team.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2018
  17. Austin Tatious

Austin Tatious Starter

Best floor

1. Rosen
    2. Darnold
    3. Allen
    4. Jackson

Best ceiling
    1. Rosen
    2. Allen
    3. Mayfield
    4. Darnold
    5. Jackson

Biggest bust potential
    1. Mayfield
    2. Jackson

18. Danny

Danny Finheaven VIP Finheaven VIP

Every QB comes with questions. None is perfect but if the team has a chance to draft Mayfield he will be the pick and Tannehill will be traded.And this coming from a Tannehill supporter. I like Tannehill but EVERYONE can be replaced and if we can do better at the most important position then we should do it.

As far as us trading with Denver, I just don't see that happening but you just never know

Ozzy rules!!

Ray R likes this.
  19. PHANTASTIC13

PHANTASTIC13 Well-Known Member

Keep Tannehill as the starting QB and trade for A.J.McCarron of the Bengals as the back up. Time to dump Moore, Cutler and find a suitable back up plan.

20. NBP81

NBP81 Yippi ka yay mother******! Finheaven VIP Donator

I think the Fins would be in a much better position overall with Tannehill as the starter with Baker Mayfield baking him up than having Mayfield starting with no one backing him up...

Ray R and Spiff like this.
  21. PHANTASTIC13

PHANTASTIC13 Well-Known Member

If Baker Mayfield is there at 11 when the fins pick, draft him, if not take Roquan Smith LB from Georgia.

Austin Tatious likes this.
  22. traptses

traptses Starter Finheaven VIP

You question Mayfield’s accuracy because he threw an interception in the college playoff game, and label him as the biggest bust candidate, but also say Allen is one of the safest QBs in the draft...

j-off-her-doll and NBP81 like this.
  23. Austin Tatious

Austin Tatious Starter

Allen has a power arm, and one way or another he will be a starting QB in my view. So I gave him a decent floor. I’m concerned about the accuracy but he has prototypical tools. I think he’s an NFL starting QB.

Mayfield, who I am rooting for, is an emotional favorite but he’s a question mark scheme wise and he lacks prototypical everything. It’s possible he doesn’t end up a starting qb.

Just my opinions.

24. Anvil35

Anvil35 Leave Users Titles Alone!! Finheaven VIP Donator

I like your ideas but the problem is that still leaves the fools making personnel decisions - namely Tannebaum and Grier!!

25. mrbunglez

mrbunglez Reading Is Fundamental Donator

I absolutey want nothing to do with the hype surrounding Mayfield.

fin415 likes this.
  26. Batroc

Batroc The Anti-Fistpumper

Look, I like Ryan Tannehill and I think that a lot of the criticism that he receives on this forum is unfair. The dude spent the first few years on his back because his O-Line was awful on tragic levels. He finally was starting to find his groove in Gase's system when the injury bug that he had managed to avoid early in his career caught up with him. The kid has had a string of unfortunate luck lately. With that being said, I have seen a good enough sample size of his play to realize that he is a good (not great) quarterback with obvious limitations. Tannehill is not talented enough to get this team to the big game without an abundance of talent around him. In other words, Ryan Tannehill is more of a Joe Flacco than he is a Brady, Manning, or Rodgers. With the recent Jarvis Landry trade the talent pool on offense has been diminished rather than improved so with that in mind I am quite open to the idea of this trade IF the rumors are true. I am not saying that a guy like Baker Mayfield can be a true franchise qb either, but IMO we have to keep trying until we land that type of qb. It is the only way that we will ever compete for Super Bowl titles again.

Avigatorx and DolfinJohnNY like this.
  27. SCLSU Mud Dogs

SCLSU Mud Dogs UCF 13-0 Finheaven VIP Donator

Prototypical everything? He's got accuracy and arm strength, those are pretty "prototypical" when it comes to QBs. Also had one of the best passer ratings in the nation when it came to getting pressured.

Ray R and Manning like this.
  28. Austin Tatious

Austin Tatious Starter

He’s six foot, 215, has an average arm and hasn’t passed with regularity into tight windows. There is a ton of risk there. Just because he’s excitable doesn’t mean he is a lock. I’m rooting for the kid, but you have to question the risk. The same things were said about Cade McNown twenty years ago and he went eleventh overall. I’m not saying he will suck. I’m saying he’s not a lock.

Josh Allen is 6’5 240 and can rip it. To answer your question, that’s prototype. Mayfield is small, unathletic with a decent but not great arm. That’s not prototype. I’m not sure anybody in the league would say he’s prototype.

29. Finland

Finland Pro Bowler

So Elway loves Tannehill does he?

30. phintim

phintim Seasoned Veteran

Almost want this to happen so we cango 1 15 this year get Tbum fired and if Gase doesn't wake up personal wise can his butt also. Tired of loosing ways.

31. NYC#1finsfan

NYC#1finsfan #1DandyDanFan Finheaven VIP

Exactly! Anything to shake up the front office already. It is filled with incompetents. We can't win with Tannenclown and Grier calling the shots!!!!!!!

32. Michael Scott

Michael Scott FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

Lol, can't take this list seriously with Allen not even included in the "biggest bust potential" -- he's got as much "bust potential" as any first round QB prospect I've ever seen. Sure, he's got a high ceiling. He's the complete definition of "boom or bust" though.

I also don't know how the hell he's got a "high floor" when the only sure quality he's got is a rifle arm. His "floor" is a 56% college passer in a piss poor football conference.

He's the only first round QB in this draft that I wouldn't be thrilled with. It would just set us back another 5+ years.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2018
  33. Austin Tatious

Austin Tatious Starter

To each their own. I think he’s a bona fide starter. How great, that may depend on the coaching and system he gets.

I had people a couple of years ago trying to tell me Connor Cook was a stud so I will trust my judgements.

34. traptses

traptses Starter Finheaven VIP

Josh Allen hasn’t passed with regularity into anything

35. Avigatorx

Not gonna argue his bust potential because he certainly needs to develop, but I'm pretty sure if he completed 56% of his passes but made 350 yards and 4 TDs per game, youd be happy.

People knocked Landry for his lack of big play potential but couldnt challenge his reliability. Allen has big play potential in spades, his reliability is in question.

So what do we want? Big plays that put points on the board, or reliability that controls the clock and game flow? Lets get on the same page.

Ray R likes this.
  36. Vaark

Vaark Nihil taurus crappus Finheaven VIP Donator

The criterion you're overlooking is that Allen's accuracy issues were largely against the defenses in an inferior conference. I just get a Jeff George vibe.. let's not forget how bullish everyone was on him coming out also based on his magical arm.

37. BahamaFinFan78

BahamaFinFan78 A True Fan

This will be Gase's coach defining moment with the Fins. If he trusts Tannehill, then he has to "ride with him". If he doesn't, now is the time to get the QB you want and put your stamp on the team and then live or die with that decision.

Laser13 likes this.
  38. Avigatorx

Or Jamarus Russell...

I'm not overlooking it, just realize that it is part of the risk vs. reward equation.

There are always going to be risks, question is whether the reward is worth taking the gamble.

39. uk_dolfan

uk_dolfan Founder of the FH Adam Gase fan club Moderator Finheaven VIP Donator

if you read it on a fansite on facebook then it must be true

Ray R likes this.
  40. Pitbull13

Pitbull13 Pitbull13

Nothing to do with this thread but...Just wanted to pass along, I trained with Dominick Cruz last month. It was awesome. He's very good, very fast. Very nice person!

Ray R, EvilDylan and traptses like this.