Tannehill Traded To Titans | Page 38 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill Traded To Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
So an average QB doesn’t = a capable starter now?

Depends on how we are going to define "capable"....

for somebody who threw every down, he never finished higher than 9th in attempts and as low as 20th . . . So what are you talking about?

Run/Pass ratios...for the Dolphins.

2012...28/32
2013...22/37
2014...25/37
2015...22/37
2016...25/30

This is at the time when the stats showed that the Dolphins were a bad team when Tannehill threw the ball over a certain amount of times. I'm gonna say 35 times...and this is in a passing league.

What was the record from 2012-2015? This is what I'm talking about....

are still talking about a guy with 123 to 75 ints in about 5 in a half seasons . . . U just don’t “backup” your way to those type of numbers.

You know what...I stand corrected, sorta. Those are the same numbers a guy could get slinging the ball around for a bad team. So Tannehill is a starter...for us. He's a younger Ryan Fitzpatrick.

, I ultimately never thought he had the natural instinct and pocket feel to be an elite type of QB . . . .but capable? Absolutely . . . and I saw a guy who worked hard and improved in different areas of his game every season up until he got hurt.

Didn't see capable, especially for the 8th pick. I saw a guy who looked like he was in his second season...for 5 straight years.

you really going to penalize him in 2016 for having a good running game those final 8 games when he has had turnstiles at guard his whole career . . . C’mon.

Yes, because a guy who was drafted 2 rounds after him won a Super Bowl, then should have won a Super Bowl, then won with an 0-line that started a power forward from the Western Kentucky Hilltoppers at T.

You're not "capable" if you need the stars to line up perfectly for you to be a winner at your job.

are the Tannyites now going to call for Fitz to be surrounded by all stars?

except for Cleo Lemon everybody is better than Tanny, and the Cleo thing is a very close call.
7 years of non stop choking are finally over.
bonus: no Kap.

So an average QB doesn’t = a capable starter now?

And for somebody who threw every down, he never finished higher than 9th in attempts and as low as 20th . . . So what are you talking about?

We are still talking about a guy with 123 to 75 ints in about 5 in a half seasons . . . U just don’t “backup” your way to those type of numbers.

Sure, I ultimately never thought he had the natural instinct and pocket feel to be an elite type of QB . . . .but capable? Absolutely . . . and I saw a guy who worked hard and improved in different areas of his game every season up until he got hurt.

Are you really going to penalize him in 2016 for having a good running game those final 8 games when he has had turnstiles at guard his whole career . . . C’mon.

This is where the whole Tannehill saga gets so muddy. Is he capable? Yes. Do teams want capable? No. If you're a capable QB (middle of the pack, no fire in the belly, slow and steady) then you're best off as a backup.

Come in, win the games you're asked to, and keep your team in it. You need very good to elite at the position or you'll always be playing for a miracle defense, a NY Giants type run...one of the exceptions that people chuck around when trying to justify why we needed to keep Tannehill (myself included). I'm tired of trying to be the exception....I want to be in the mix, and that takes a top shelf QB.

Excited for this to be the end of our Tannehill saga.

Can we stop that bitching and moaning about Tannehill now? He is gone. Talk about the trade or wish him well.
It was a deal which benefits everybody:
- we got a 4th rounder
- Titans got a backup/challenger to Mariota
- Tannehill has a new chance and is in a pretty good position to finally succeed

If this bickering continues I will assume that there is nothing left to talk about the actual trade and I will close this thread.

Can we stop that bitching and moaning about Tannehill now? He is gone. Talk about the trade or wish him well.
It was a deal which benefits everybody:
- we got a 4th rounder
- Titans got a backup/challenger to Mariota
- Tannehill has a new chance and is in a pretty good position to finally succeed

If this bickering continues I will assume that there is nothing left to talk about the actual trade and I will close this thread.

Seriously. We have a new QB to bitch & moan about now, and his name is Ryan Fitzpatrick.

it's interesting to see which side of the Tannehill debate can't seem to stop talking about him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom