Tannehill VS Tua Year 1 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill VS Tua Year 1

People still don't get that it takes time with QB's, specially coming from that horrible injury/major surgery. Not everyone is going to play like a HOF from week one. First time I listen to Ozzy I knew that was it. Nobody was going to be better and 22 times in concert(should have been 25) and he's still the greatest metal singer ever but not everyone is like that. Tua will get there.
Lol.....

Your bizarre analogy, and infatuation, with Ozzy aside, a lot of ppls opinion on TUA were set in stone before the hip even occurred.

It's partly his blindly ardent supporter's own fault you know.

He was rammed down ppl's (both here and in the media) throats for over a year with everything from "tank for Tua", to "generational", to "can't miss", to "NFL ready" to "reads and processes best ever" to "most accurate in history" to......well, you get the idea.

It's human nature to resist such an onslaught. It's also unfair.

Unfortunately the player, through no fault of his own, is caught in the crossfire of haters, those that have unrealistic expectations, and click seeking media clowns.

But you can’t compare them, one was a WR converted to a QB. The other had his father convert him from a righty to a lefty.

Lol.....

Your bizarre analogy, and infatuation, with Ozzy aside, a lot of ppls opinion on TUA were set in stone before the hip even occurred.

It's partly his blindly ardent supporter's own fault you know.

He was rammed down ppl's (both here and in the media) throats for over a year with everything from "tank for Tua", to "generational", to "can't miss", to "NFL ready" to "reads and processes best ever" to "most accurate in history" to......well, you get the idea.

It's human nature to resist such an onslaught. It's also unfair.

Unfortunately the player, through no fault of his own, is caught in the crossfire of haters, those that have unrealistic expectations, and click seeking media clowns.
This is a very fair post.

I honestly don’t get it. Tanny was never bad. I feel as though he improved as a player during his time here and was above average. If he never suffered those injuries, or had a better coaching staff around him, he could have been better sooner.

Tua isn’t bad. He’s never been bad. He shows improvement. He had no weapons. He had a developing OL. Which should pay dividends, but they were not really good last year. Actually they were very bad for long stretches. But they are improving. No one ever says they suck and we need a new OL. But they were bad. As expected.

Tua was never bad. He had a bad OL and worse options in the passing game than any QB in the NFL, hands down! And one of the worst backfields in the NFL due to lack of depth. But the only guys who didn’t suck last year were Tua and Gaskins. And those m&$H!& f$&”6,s are constantly getting roasted on here.

Let’s stop criticizing our best players and hope that the additions we made actually pan out. Because Howard and Brieda looked good on paper too. I expect a lot from Waddle. Because I suspect that some of our other weapons who show promise are going to disappoint. I expect a lot from Gaskins and I expect a lot from Tua. I also hope that Long turns into a weapon. I can see that guy catching 10 tds.

Tua is a franchise QB and I believe that he is going to be a winner. Unlike some of the fan favorites here on FH. But only time will tell. I know that I’m excited.

Many of them were not positive. Who were they trying to convince ... themselves or his supporters ?

If they bothered me I would just skip them instead of commenting :shrug:

You counted them ?

:WOW:
For some folks, it's the equivalent of OCD...becomes so furious they are literally powerless to remain on the sidelines.

1622472815196.png

I tell you what I'm not doing.... I'm not listening to the "be patient" crowd over marginal improvements and tempered expectations.

Let's not get confused by people pointing out that Tom Brady had issues with Arian's playbook and other struggles by eventual elite caliber QBs.

Stop using failure as an indicator of success. Failure is failure.

Brady won the SB on a new tea, with new coach and new playbook during the same pandemic we are forgiving Tua. Greatness overcomes. It doesn't look for excuses. Society has ignored results for so long they have lost their ability to appreciate actual accomplishment.

With this D and all the investments made around Tua, if we can't make the playoffs this year and notch at least one victory against Buffalo doing it, Tua is NOT the answer.

I'm tired of apologists

I honestly don’t get it. Tanny was never bad. I feel as though he improved as a player during his time here and was above average. If he never suffered those injuries, or had a better coaching staff around him, he could have been better sooner.

Tua isn’t bad. He’s never been bad. He shows improvement. He had no weapons. He had a developing OL. Which should pay dividends, but they were not really good last year. Actually they were very bad for long stretches. But they are improving. No one ever says they suck and we need a new OL. But they were bad. As expected.

Tua was never bad. He had a bad OL and worse options in the passing game than any QB in the NFL, hands down! And one of the worst backfields in the NFL due to lack of depth. But the only guys who didn’t suck last year were Tua and Gaskins. And those m&$H!& f$&”6,s are constantly getting roasted on here.

Let’s stop criticizing our best players and hope that the additions we made actually pan out. Because Howard and Brieda looked good on paper too. I expect a lot from Waddle. Because I suspect that some of our other weapons who show promise are going to disappoint. I expect a lot from Gaskins and I expect a lot from Tua. I also hope that Long turns into a weapon. I can see that guy catching 10 tds.

Tua is a franchise QB and I believe that he is going to be a winner. Unlike some of the fan favorites here on FH. But only time will tell. I know that I’m excited.
I am with you. I hope Tua show us this year that he can be the QB we think he can! Go Phins! and because of it... go Tua!

I tell you what I'm not doing.... I'm not listening to the "be patient" crowd over marginal improvements and tempered expectations.

Let's not get confused by people pointing out that Tom Brady had issues with Arian's playbook and other struggles by eventual elite caliber QBs.

Brady won the SB on a new tea, with new coach and new playbook during the same pandemic we are forgiving Tua. Greatness overcomes. It doesn't look for excuses. Society has ignored results for so long they have lost their ability to appreciate actual accomplishment.

With this D and all the investments made around Tua, if we can't make the playoffs this year and notch at least one victory against Buffalo doing it, Tua is NOT the answer.

I'm tired of apologists

Not picking on you directly because certainly "pro-Tua" posters do the same (though not at the same rate and with as much diversity as Tua-Haters), but why does anyone get to discount elements of an argument merely because they don't fit that person's narrative?

Failure isn't used as an indicator of success, it is used as evidence to show that many Tua-Haters purposely set unrealistic markers to ensure that Tua could never measure-up to their "infallible" set of standards. He could have put up the EXACT number of Marino in his rookie year and the same haters would say "yeah but Tua was drafter dozens of picks earlier so he should have done better" (as if DRAFT POSITION dictates success or is an indicator of success).

There are a handful of posters that have a set narrative and then make posts that are short on cleverness and very obviously meant to appear "objective." I'm tired of THOSE people.

I was never a big fan of extrapolating stats, but I see where the OP is going.

It's a hard comparison to make IMO because Tannehill had to work with a coaching staff that I feel limited his success. Tannehill was always good at making throws on the run, as an example, but Philbin had him working almost exclusively from the pocket.

Ar least we saw some RPO opportunities for Tua.

I'm tired of apologists
I agree that we cannot tolerate marginal improvement, but remember this is a team game. Results will depend upon the team not on Tua alone. I think the most important thing is to see Tua get more comfortable with his now healthy body, developing cohesiveness with his WRs and understanding the game to make better pre-snap reads. Honestly I dont care to see Tua becoming the next Allen, cause he is not that type of QB. Not Herbert also. Tua can be as good or better if he and OCs understand each other and develop a system in which Tua thrives. I expect that to happen. If Tua is the problem I know Flores wont hesitate on moving from him sooner than what took us to move from Fiedler or Tannehill. But lets hope Tua is the answer. Being a good franchise should be more important as a real fan, that proving a point. Always should.

I dont think people are saying Tua suck. They just dont know right now. Time will tell w Tua. Tua played basic last yr..we need see more..to get better evaluation off Tua.
Also the fact that Herbert lit the league up like he did plays a part. I think it's possible that picking Tua before Herbert is going to add extra stress due Herbert setting an unreasonable measurment for success.

Back
Top Bottom