Tannehill VS Tua Year 1 | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill VS Tua Year 1

I was never a big fan of extrapolating stats, but I see where the OP is going.

It's a hard comparison to make IMO because Tannehill had to work with a coaching staff that I feel limited his success. Tannehill was always good at making throws on the run, as an example, but Philbin had him working almost exclusively from the pocket.

Ar least we saw some RPO opportunities for Tua.
I agree with you my friend, but also Tua wasnt supossed to play so the OC designed most of the playbook for Fitz. And Tannehill played with lots of veterans all over the offense. There were only two other teams this young and unexperienced, Jaguars and Rams. And look the strugles both teams had in offense. And the Rams had an experienced QB and a healthy WR group. Flores didnt put Tua because he saw a better QB at the moment, he took the gamble because of what kind of offense we can become with Tua. And because we were in the playoff hunt he benched Tua, because Fitz gave us a better chance at the moment. And if Flores thinks we have a competitive team and Tua is not the answer I know he will make the adjustment really fast.

Herbert had a great rookie season for sure although the wins did not show it

Doesn't mean he'll be the best QB going forward
And doesnt mean that if Herbert is the best of the class, we cant be succesful as a team with Tua. Marino was clearly the more talented of an incredible and unique class, but never won a Superbowl. Elway won them. It can happen the same with Tua if he is good enough and he has a complete team around him.

I agree with you my friend, but also Tua wasnt supossed to play so the OC designed most of the playbook for Fitz. And Tannehill played with lots of veterans all over the offense. There were only two other teams this young and unexperienced, Jaguars and Rams. And look the strugles both teams had in offense. And the Rams had an experienced QB and a healthy WR group. Flores didnt put Tua because he saw a better QB at the moment, he took the gamble because of what kind of offense we can become with Tua. And because we were in the playoff hunt he benched Tua, because Fitz gave us a better chance at the moment. And if Flores thinks we have a competitive team and Tua is not the answer I know he will make the adjustment really fast.
Where does this "wasn't supposed to play" narrative come from?

Just fan opinion?.... Or from someone actually in a position to know?...... Pure assumption?

I ask because I see this a lot, but never with any credible source to back it up.

People still don't get that it takes time with QB's, specially coming from that horrible injury/major surgery. Not everyone is going to play like a HOF from week one. First time I listen to Ozzy I knew that was it. Nobody was going to be better and 22 times in concert(should have been 25) and he's still the greatest metal singer ever but not everyone is like that. Tua will get there.

Better than Tate, Dickinson, Halford, & RJ Dio? Really?

Herbert had a great rookie season for sure although the wins did not show it

Doesn't mean he'll be the best QB going forward
Only point I'm making is Tua has a almost unfair measurement for success based on what Herbert did last year.

The point I tried to make was Herbert has set a high bar.

Also the fact that Herbert lit the league up like he did plays a part. I think it's possible that picking Tua before Herbert is going to add extra stress due Herbert setting an unreasonable measurment for success.
Herbert surprised me but great start..he need continue performing at high level..

In my world, you are either
Not picking on you directly because certainly "pro-Tua" posters do the same (though not at the same rate and with as much diversity as Tua-Haters), but why does anyone get to discount elements of an argument merely because they don't fit that person's narrative?

Failure isn't used as an indicator of success, it is used as evidence to show that many Tua-Haters purposely set unrealistic markers to ensure that Tua could never measure-up to their "infallible" set of standards. He could have put up the EXACT number of Marino in his rookie year and the same haters would say "yeah but Tua was drafter dozens of picks earlier so he should have done better" (as if DRAFT POSITION dictates success or is an indicator of success).

There are a handful of posters that have a set narrative and then make posts that are short on cleverness and very obviously meant to appear "objective." I'm tired of THOSE people.
The comparison of RTs OL being better than TTs and TTs OL being mostly rooks sent me over the edge.

TTs OL last year was possibly better than any RT had. For ef's sake, Dallas Thomas is one of the worst OL in history and we couldn't get rid of him for anything.

RT finally got an OL and RB and his true potential AND ceiling were realized.

But irregardless, some of his shortcomings were seen here. Those haven't changed.

We are seeing shortcomings in Tua now. If our team philosophy cannot overcome them, he will fail when opposing coaches scheme to them.

I don't care about stats. I care about winning championships. And while I know it takes time, that does not mean time will make every player better or elite

You have to identify their floor and ceiling correctly and determine if that range of execution can elevate your team to championships. If he can't, make the wise decision and cut bait before it details your team for 3-5 years trying to fix him.

Back
Top Bottom