Tannehill VS Tua Year 1 | Page 19 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill VS Tua Year 1

We can only hope at this point, but it certainly seems possible. At least the team has FINALLY figured out you need a team around the QB (a scientific impossibility around here for decades, to be sure)!

If Tua ends up a lot better than current Tannehill, we're in for some pretty damn big things!!!!

I have zero doubts about Tua, the player.

If he proves to be durable, he will hoist a trophy or two.

I'm a big fan of RT17's arm. Its a rocket launcher. Tua's touch is much more valuable in the arm talent department though. His pocket presence and elusiveness/mobility is also on another level from RT17.

More than anything though, the game processes faster in Tua's mind than it does in Ryan's. However, Tannehill's mental and physical toughness are off the charts.

That said, if Miami isn't in contention for the Lombardi and Tennessee is, I'll root like hell for the Titans. No qualms about it. I would get a lot of satisfaction from seeing RT win that game.

Last edited:
Sorry, that was taken from Wikipedia, looks like a typo. It says 5258 instead of 1258
Makes his story even more remarkable.

1. HS coach runs the Split T.....

2. College coach starts a future car salesman over him....

3. Said college coach brings his "Go" "Go Go" brilliance to the NFL.

4. Philbin, Lazor, Gase..... enough said......

5. Instant top 5 QB in Tenn.

As a former Tannehill devotee/fan I can say he’s on a team that caters to his best attributes, with that said **** him he’s not a Dolphin anymore and his leaving was for the better.

After he was recruited as a QB, and competed for the starting QB spot as a freshman. My previous opinion of Sherman being a dolt is only confirmed by this.

It is also important to realize that (despite a post earlier), Tannehill did not throw much in HS. His HS coach ran a Split T offense. I've searched for official stats and couldn't find any.

Here is a link (https://www.thephinsider.com/2012/4/26/2978657/ryan-tannehill-an-inside-look-at-the-numbers) to an article that says this:

Tannehill played high school football at Big Spring High school. He played 10 games at defensive back his sophomore season. As a junior, he passed for 1,410 yards and rushed for 822 at quarterback. He took his team to the playoffs as a senior, passing for 1,258 yards and rushing for another 617.

After his junior year, he had no college offers due to the offense that was used at his high school. He visited 7 schools on his own and got offers from 6 of them (as a QB).
His mother went on tour for him college to college trying to drum up interest

His mother went on tour for him college to college trying to drum up interest
Actually his mother brought him on tour for teams to see him the THROW the ball. 5 teams offered him a scholarship on the spot. A 6th offered one a week later.

Actually his mother brought him on tour for teams to see him the THROW the ball. 5 teams offered him a scholarship on the spot. A 6th offered one a week later.
I heard AM was the only offer. Do you have a link on other offers? Was it in the original link you posted?

Lol, keep hanging onto that. He played more at WR. It's so funny how desperate posters are to defend a guy no longer on the team.
funnier that some still feel the need to attack him.
one final note on what Mike Sherman said about Tannehill:
"...This past week, Mike Sherman had a little bit to say about his college Quarterback Ryan Tannehill. Here’s a tidbit in case you missed it: "Like all good quarterbacks he had great poise. Very confident in any system, west coast or not," Sherman said. "Any quarterback has to be confident in his own skin and believe in himself. They always say a great quarterback makes those around him better. I thought [Brett] Favre did that. I think Aaron Rodgers does that. I think Tannehill does that as well." Let’s take a look at what exactly Sherman sees in Tannehill.

Last edited:
Tangina plays for the Titans
Move on. This is FinHeaven.
Defend the Players on This Team.
(Tua etc.)

The only time I’m interested in the Titans and their Average Hillbilly QB
Is on 1/2/22. when we destroy them. I hope E. Roberts #52 lays Tangina Out! 🍻🐬🍻

Back
Top Bottom