Tannehill VS Tua Year 1 | Page 21 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill VS Tua Year 1

Hi,

Hate blinders. That's cute. Don't hate Thill at all. What I have on my side are statements that I declared the day we drafted him. And those over time were proven correct. So there's that. Also, my last statement about the guy is that he is now a top QB in the League. So hate??

Duplicated the same thing as the Titans in 2012? So you are saying that 2012 Tannehill and 2020 Tannehill are the same player? Yikes.

Again, I simple relate Thill as the guy the 1st girlfriend made marriage ready. With the 2nd girl reaping the benefits.

1) What's sad is that people need sides

2) And no, yikes, I'm not saying that 2012 Tannehill and 2020 Tannehill are the same player. That would be silly.

3) What I'm saying, to use your girlfriend analogy, is that Miami, (the first girlfriend), could have treated Tannehill the same way the second girl did. But she didn't - she treated him wrong. So here we all sit as the first girl tries again.

1) What's sad is that people need sides

2) And no, yikes, I'm not saying that 2012 Tannehill and 2020 Tannehill are the same player. That would be silly.

3) What I'm saying, to use your girlfriend analogy, is that Miami, (the first girlfriend), could have treated Tannehill the same way the second girl did. But she didn't - she treated him wrong. So here we all sit as the first girl tries again.
I mean this is a fan board where topics are discussed. As such most times taking a position on a particular side inspires convo.
I guess the question is, can I not support what Thill did here and yet not be a hater. I will admit, I hated that we drafted him. But in the last ten years, Ive done away with hate in my life. Now, I'm happy for the guy in Tenn and wish him the best until we play him. Along the line, I've made it a priority to not call any poster, player or coach, garbage or trash anymore.
I don't understand what you mean by we could have done the same thing in 2012 with Thill. He wasn't anything close to the developed player he is now.
My GF analogy, you misinterpreted. It has nothing to do with the 1st mistreating. In no way was Thill mistreated. Unless you consider constant coddling not being treated fairly. It takes a first relationship to train a guy...and then the 2nd benefits. View it like that only with no malice involved.

I mean this is a fan board where topics are discussed. As such most times taking a position on a particular side inspires convo.
I guess the question is, can I not support what Thill did here and yet not be a hater. I will admit, I hated that we drafted him. But in the last ten years, Ive done away with hate in my life. Now, I'm happy for the guy in Tenn and wish him the best until we play him. Along the line, I've made it a priority to not call any poster, player or coach, garbage or trash anymore.
I don't understand what you mean by we could have done the same thing in 2012 with Thill. He wasn't anything close to the developed player he is now.
My GF analogy, you misinterpreted. It has nothing to do with the 1st mistreating. In no way was Thill mistreated. Unless you consider constant coddling not being treated fairly. It takes a first relationship to train a guy...and then the 2nd benefits. View it like that only with no malice involved.

Coddling?

I don't think that words means what you think it means.

Where we differ on this is pretty simple, and yes, we can discuss that without hating:

In your view: "...never saw anything out of him game after game, never saw a leader, never saw a QB. That was his time in Miami. He is a different player in Tennessee and great for him. Many players are able to change thier career with changing teams. But he would never be what he is now if he stayed. Regardless of who people want to blame for Thills lack of success, he set our franchise back 10 years. That's the foundation of my distaste for him."

In my view, Miami completely failed to develop Tannehill OR build a team around him to his strengths. Do you think that Tannehill just magically became a much better QB the instant that he had a good O-Line and a power run game? Like: Miami put forth all this effort, and gosh golly, it was just bad luck that he suddenly got immeasurably better the moment he took over as Tennessee's starter?

Or maybe...just maybe...Miami completely ****** up in how they handled him for seven years? Tannehill's the same QB he was in 2018. He's just healthy, with a team that's using him to his strengths. What I mean by the 2012 comment is that there is absolutely no reason Miami couldn't have followed the same path that Tennessee did to get where they (TEN) are right now.

In the end, I believe that it'll all work out for the best. I believe Miami's ceiling is higher with Tua than Tennessee's is with Tannehill, and I sure as hell hope he proves it this year. But that doesn't change what happened.

Coddling?

I don't think that words means what you think it means.

Where we differ on this is pretty simple, and yes, we can discuss that without hating:

In your view: "...never saw anything out of him game after game, never saw a leader, never saw a QB. That was his time in Miami. He is a different player in Tennessee and great for him. Many players are able to change thier career with changing teams. But he would never be what he is now if he stayed. Regardless of who people want to blame for Thills lack of success, he set our franchise back 10 years. That's the foundation of my distaste for him."

In my view, Miami completely failed to develop Tannehill OR build a team around him to his strengths. Do you think that Tannehill just magically became a much better QB the instant that he had a good O-Line and a power run game? Like: Miami put forth all this effort, and gosh golly, it was just bad luck that he suddenly got immeasurably better the moment he took over as Tennessee's starter?

Or maybe...just maybe...Miami completely ****** up in how they handled him for seven years? Tannehill's the same QB he was in 2018. He's just healthy, with a team that's using him to his strengths. What I mean by the 2012 comment is that there is absolutely no reason Miami couldn't have followed the same path that Tennessee did to get where they (TEN) are right now.

In the end, I believe that it'll all work out for the best. I believe Miami's ceiling is higher with Tua than Tennessee's is with Tannehill, and I sure as hell hope he proves it this year. But that doesn't change what happened.
I think it's naive to believe that Thill didn't develop YOY, even 18 to 20. It's seems to me that you believe the fault lies everywhere except Thill. Everyone but him F'd up huh, ok...

I think it's naive to believe that Thill didn't develop YOY, even 18 to 20. It's seems to me that you believe the fault lies everywhere except Thill. Everyone but him F'd up huh, ok...
Not 18 to 20. From the very last game of 2018 to his very first start in 2019. Where the hell did the development occur, sitting by the pool in the offseason? You actually believe that he transitioned to a new team, learned a new offense, got backup reps in practice, AND got markedly better at the same time???? Come on man.... you are only hanging on to that theory because to believe he was already good enough in 2018 (and better than that in 2016) destroys your prediction.

You either believe Tannehill completely changed or the surroundings completely changed or by some unbelievable coincidence, they happened at the same time. We know the surroundings completely changed, so you're betting on a coincidence?

Not even remotely. I've gone on record here repeatedly about his lack of ability with pre-snap reads and pocket awareness.

But if you're that concerned about such extreme, polarizing views, maybe don’t go with “Tannehill set this franchise back ten years.”

Because THAT implies that the fault ONLY lies with Tannehill.

…and THAT?

IMG_1719.jpg

I liked Tannehill overall would he ever be consistently a top 5 QB probably not but if you can't see how badly Miami failed him I definitely question what you look at when you watch football.

How have the head coaches careers gone that we had during that time?
How was our offensive line, wr group and running backs?
What was our defense ranked? (I remember countless games Tannehill would drive us down and defense would give up a score again the next drive.)

If you think it was just on Tannehill you were not paying attention. As said above I think Tua has a higher ceiling and we are doing the right thing this time and building a team. Hope it works out but I am along to enjoy the ride either way.

Not even remotely. I've gone on record here repeatedly about his lack of ability with pre-snap reads and pocket awareness.

He has definitely improved greatly over time but nobody can come up with a rational explanation for the jump in play from the end of 2018 to the first start in 2019 other than the better circumstances. The idea that HE became that much better in a single offseason is silly.

Not 18 to 20. From the very last game of 2018 to his very first start in 2019. Where the hell did the development occur, sitting by the pool in the offseason? You actually believe that he transitioned to a new team, learned a new offense, got backup reps in practice, AND got markedly better at the same time???? Come on man.... you are only hanging on to that theory because to believe he was already good enough in 2018 (and better than that in 2016) destroys your prediction.

You either believe Tannehill completely changed or the surroundings completely changed or by some unbelievable coincidence, they happened at the same time. We know the surroundings completely changed, so you're betting on a coincidence?
What I've said is he developed every year. Year over year. You grasping at straws.

Tannehill is a good QB right now, top 10 for sure, and I wouldn’t be surprised if he won a Super Bowl.

That said, it was right for both parties to move on. His time in Miami had worn out and he likely would’ve never realized his potential had he stayed. As for the Dolphins, we now have a promising, young, talented QB, who’s ceiling is higher than Tannehill’s, IMO.

Happy for Tannehill and will continue to root for him, but also happy about the direction the Dolphins are heading. Really not much else to debate about anymore.

What I've said is he developed every year. Year over year. You grasping at straws.
You also said that he wasn't good enough in 2018. WTF happened between the end of 2018 and the start of 2019? HE LEFT THE ****ING DOLPHINS AND JOINED THE TITANS! It just isn't as difficult to understand as you are pretending.

Tannehill is a good QB right now, top 10 for sure, and I wouldn’t be surprised if he won a Super Bowl.

That said, it was right for both parties to move on. His time in Miami had worn out and he likely would’ve never realized his potential had he stayed. As for the Dolphins, we now have a promising, young, talented QB, who’s ceiling is higher than Tannehill’s, IMO.

Happy for Tannehill and will continue to root for him, but also happy about the direction the Dolphins are heading. Really not much else to debate about anymore.
Totally correct.

Back
Top Bottom