Tannehill: Waiting For The Draft... | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill: Waiting For The Draft...

Based on the entire scenario (salary cap ramifications, performance, etc.) I think we'd be "lucky" to get an R5 for Thill.

I would be thrilled with an R3. I just can't realistically see that...

You also get to the point where it's really better for us to just cut him loose (cap wise) than trade him...

It would be like -- is an R5 worth millions of cap dollars, right?

Lol, he’ll be fine just like Gase. Not his fault he and Penny are the only decent QBs Miami has had since Marino. Ross has always been this organizations biggest problem, not a coach or a player, but hopefully he lucks out with Flores as he’s the one who truly calls all the shots.

Just like Flacco, Tannehill will make whichever team he plays on better and his former team will miss him if it happens because they are both good QBs. Not either guys fault the team paid them a lot because they couldn’t find anyone better and now probably want to get rid of them.
Thanks for the laugh.

Yeah...solid QBs are.

The Dolphins aren't a "very bad team". We're a mediocre team who was held back by crappy QB play and coaching...as evidenced by the Browns turn-around. I can't accept the team having a crappy o-line excuse because Wilson and Luck played behind worse o-lines and they made the payoffs and were expected to make noise in the playoffs.

No..I think he'll be holding clipboards. If not this year, the following year when a team realizes how limited he is.

This is like saying if he's not the very best, he's the worst. Horrible argument.

Who has had the better career?

I'm not suggesting Tannehill will fetch even a 1st round pick, but why would anyone think the Dolphins won't be able to trade him? That's ludicrous.

Keep in mind, it's the Dolphins we are talking about, we are notorious for giving away talent without any real compensation in return.

Im not saying Tannehill is valuable but I think we would be lucky to trade tannehill for a 4th or 5th round pick.

Gone, probably to Washington for a 3rd.

I am/was a one of the biggest Tannehill fan here, if the Redskins give up a 3rd for Tannehill, they in my book would move up as the biggest gamblers in the NFL.

Since Tannehill came back from his shoulder injury he has not been close to the same QB he once was, and people on the Redskins will risk losing their jobs because of it.

I'm torn on whether the Dolphins ought to prepare to cut him/trade him away for nothing or keep him. I don't much like the thought of simply losing talent. He should be fully recovered by next season, but if teams think the Dolphins are set on cutting him if they can't find a trade partner, then they'll offer the minimum while threatening to wait them out. It'd be better to plan on keeping him for at least another season. Trade away every ounce of rushing and receiving talent and give him scraps to work with while building up the line. I'm confident he'll pad some numbers on the way to a high draft pick, and maybe they will find a trade partner during the season.

Back
Top Bottom