Tannehill's Overall Performance Today? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill's Overall Performance Today?

phinasota

Bleed Aqua
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
so what did you think? Man i've read alot of threads saying "get this guy some weapons and he will excel", well, im singing that same song today. I think he played lights out today. When receivers dont catch the ball on forth down for the first, drop TD passes ( Binns ), RB's drop the hand off, i just dont see how he cant excel with weapons who can actually help him out. This kid would look almost as good as luck if his team would help him out. Seriously Ireland, if you dont help him out this year, i will hunt you down and kick your ass up and down the street until you quit your job!!!!

but honestly tannehill played a very solid game today imo and a little side note, to all you fans who think we dont need to keep hartline, YES WE DO!!!!! Our future looks bright with this kid!

Tannehill did all that he could today. Can't blame him that Binns drops a TD that hits him in his hands (was a perfect throw). Not his fault that Reggie Bush can't handle a simple handoff at the goal line. He took a couple of sacks where he held the ball too long but on the replays it was obvious no one was anywhere near open.

Aside from the INT, he picked it up. They showed that one frame with all 4 four receivers blanketed. Tanne waits 3-4 seconds and I'm shouting get rid of it, but there's nothing. Sherman and our WR coach are the downfalls and hidden liabilities.

Tannehill drops back to pass, take your pick:

1. Someone misses a blocking assignment.
2. Tackle just flat out gets beat.
3. Nobody gets open.
4. Receiver drops the ball.
5. Receiver falls down, runs backward from the sticks, or simply isn't athletic enough to make a play after the catch.
6. Screen pass poorly executed due to our linemen being fat slugs (except for Pouncey).
7. Tannehill's throw is off target.

Take your pick. I think all of these things happen with about the same frequency, but for some reason some posters on this board only want to see #7 on that list. You saw the difference between the Patriots and Dolphins today. Tom Brady was off target on several throws, but the Patriots passing offense is much better than the Dolphins passing offense. Tom Brady has time to throw, he has wide open players who pick up yards after the catch, and when they execute a screen pass he has three guys blocking for hsi receiver downfield.

Ryan Tannehill is not the problem. He is not perfect, but the fact that he needs to be tells a lot about this team. There is no margin for error because the offense sucks and lacks talent both on the line and at the skill positions. Anthony Fasano is a nice player and I hope he sticks around, but he doesn't even play the same position as Rob Gronkowski. They are playing two completely different games out there.

I'm proud of Tannehill today for a) not ****ting his pants; and b) not dying.

oh yeah, thats a good point, he was also pressured and hit alot and the kid is as tuff as nails and took it like a soldier. hats off to him, for real

Based on todays game I am unable to grade our QBs performance due to the supporting cast.

Considering he was under siege all day and was sacked 7 times, he didn't play that bad.

I wanted to see some arrogance. It wasn't there. Sure, you're going to hit me. I'll get out of your way and fire. Play after play unfolded similarly but he didn't adjust.

It wasn't horrendous. It wasn't special. No hint of special. We had a guy who went out there and played at seemingly 85% speed, always in reserve.

The question with Tannehill: Is there something missing? It wasn't answered this season. Zero points at New England certainly doesn't answer it in the positive, although many fans are seemingly tilting in that direction.

I wanted to see some arrogance. It wasn't there. Sure, you're going to hit me. I'll get out of your way and fire. Play after play unfolded similarly but he didn't adjust.

It wasn't horrendous. It wasn't special. No hint of special. We had a guy who went out there and played at seemingly 85% speed, always in reserve.

The question with Tannehill: Is there something missing? It wasn't answered this season. Zero points at New England certainly doesn't answer it in the positive, although many fans are seemingly tilting in that direction.

Ah so basically to have a good game you expect him throw the ball, do some blocking then run up and catch the ball?

Lets give him 5-6 years to develop before we question the guy...Just like with Henne you have to sit back and see what develops over time. Henne was coal...Maybe Ryan will be a diamond....or not...but lets give the rook time to figure what division he is in before turning on him.

Back
Top Bottom