Tannenbaum to serve a Parcells role w/ Miami to Oversee Football Operations | Page 55 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannenbaum to serve a Parcells role w/ Miami to Oversee Football Operations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it more enjoyable to get your hopes up only for them to be dashed to shreds later?

Honest question
Because picrelated hasn't been much fun for me
lifeasadolphinsfan.jpg

During the off season we have not really filled one hole. We made an upgrade at DT but we still have the same holes we started the offseason with

Upgrade at DT? Odrick walked so DT was a priority. They've added depth at G. They've replaced positions where they lost guys (WR and TE). I'm sure the draft will be used to cover the holes that remain (WR, LB, CB).

In other news, Han and Kranz report that the team will be sold to Capone - N - Noriega
:applaudit:

Still hate the move.... Hickey did just fine last year. Tannebum better not be anywhere near the draft room next week.

Still hate the move.... Hickey did just fine last year. Tannebum better not be anywhere near the draft room next week.

Hickey inherited an 8-8 team and added pieces to once again make them an 8-8 team.

Hickey inherited an 8-8 team and added pieces to once again make them an 8-8 team.

Yes, but we saw growth in our young QB, a great one year rebuild of the offensive line (Bully gate) before major injuries, and hit on our 1st and 2nd round picks. Now, if our coach doesn't hand over 2 games with horrific play-calling and timeouts the season would have been different. Not too many other teams can say that their coaches lost them game(s).

Fins were also riddled with injuries out of Hickey's control. You can argue depth and player durability, but the reality is he put the pieces in place for a team on the rise. The question is will they let him keep doing that. Of course this draft will play out just like Ireland/Parcells in that no fan will be able to accurately place praise/blame, so they'll suit it to their agenda until we find out what pick was whose in a decade. #thecircleofstrife

Yes, but we saw growth in our young QB, a great one year rebuild of the offensive line (Bully gate) before major injuries, and hit on our 1st and 2nd round picks. Now, if our coach doesn't hand over 2 games with horrific play-calling and timeouts the season would have been different. Not too many other teams can say that their coaches lost them game(s).

was he responsible for that growth? this is not to say Hickey did a bad job but I think he gets a little more credit than he deserves based on the hatred of Ireland.

was he responsible for that growth? this is not to say Hickey did a bad job but I think he gets a little more credit than he deserves based on the hatred of Ireland.

Jeff Ireland's best off-season was his last and even that failed miserably. There is a reason the man in still unemployed and antiquated ways is one of them, the Tuna drilled so much of the 80's and early 90's into his head it was ruined forever.

A monkey throwing darts at a board would have had as much success.

Maybe we are giving Hickey too much credit. But after years of failed drafts and free agent disappointments, along with Hickey being thrown into the fire, the season was overall positive with a general feeling of heading in the right direction. Tannehill may be the single greatest reason for that improvement, but Hickey did patch together a competitive team before the injuries destroyed the offensive line.

Maybe we are giving Hickey too much credit. But after years of failed drafts and free agent disappointments, along with Hickey being thrown into the fire, the season was overall positive with a general feeling of heading in the right direction. Tannehill may be the single greatest reason for that improvement, but Hickey did patch together a competitive team before the injuries destroyed the offensive line.

fair enough but it's not like you were 8-2 and injuries destroyed the season. Thy were hovering around .500 all season long- whether healthy earlier in the year or a little beat up later.

"All roster decisions rest with Dennis," Tannenbaum assured reporters during Friday's pre-draft press conference, per ESPN.com. Tannenbaum also emphasized that Hickey holds final say over Miami's six draft picks.

That aligns with what NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport noted in January, saying that while Hickey reports to Tannenbaum, he still runs the draft room and Miami's 53-man roster. Both Tannenbaum and coach Joe Philbin report to owner Stephen Ross.

"My role hasn't changed. I'm still evaluating. I'm still putting together a 53-man roster," Hickey said in January of pairing with Tannenbaum, per The Palm Beach Post. "... We want to work together and build a winner. That's the directive from Mr. Ross. That's his passion and he's given us the resources."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...nbaum-hickey-owns-final-say-over-draft-roster

Our first pick will say a lot about who has influence in that room. Conservative and sensible it's Hickey. Surprising and risk taking its Tennenbaum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom