Tannenbaum wheeling and dealing for the Dolphins | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannenbaum wheeling and dealing for the Dolphins

People assume too much on Tannenbaum. If hickey let his legs get cut like that he is a very weak man. He could easily just let the league know the Dolphins were lying about Tannenbaum role. If that's the case this won't end well
Actually there was the report that Hickey needed to have his agent notify Ross that final say on personnel was contractually his or that officially would have gone to Tannenbaum. Hickey's done what he can to keep power, but Ross is the one with the power to give out so there's not much he can do.

Tannenbaum. ane hickey have not done anything yet time will tell relax everyone. we have not won superbowl in 42 yr or even make playoff since 2007..we got lot work to do
. we need better player and better coaching

I like a lot of the moves up to this point, however there is still a ton of work to be done. Tannenbaum needs to show me he can do more than just swing for the fences, and prove he can have a reliable "batting average" so to speak.

So, to use a baseball analogy, MT needs to be a 5 tool player. Unlike Ireland who was just a tool.

So, according to the Boston Globe, we have co-General Managers?

Damn misery-spreading malcontents ... To hell with that entire city!
(Excluding any Dolphins fans trapped there, of course. :chuckle:)

To quote Peter Griffin, "How can a city (Boston) have so many great universities and be filled with such idiots?"

Actually there was the report that Hickey needed to have his agent notify Ross that final say on personnel was contractually his or that officially would have gone to Tannenbaum. Hickey's done what he can to keep power, but Ross is the one with the power to give out so there's not much he can do.

I'm pretty sure he can notify the nfl if the Dolphins have Tannenbaum in a role that he is not supposed to be in. The Dolphins supposedly clarified his role to the nfl and if they lied and we're caught in it there would be repercussions

The thing that raises eyebrows: Why did Ross cut Hickey's legs out from under him, to a degree? Hickey is once again, essentially, demoted to assistant GM, even if the title doesn't say that.
Didn't we generally feel that Hickey did a good job?

I think Hickey did a good job, but Ross felt they need to bring in a power player to "close" deals. Tannenbaum's role with Priority Sports and Entertainment out of New York must link him with some pretty substantial clients in the sports realm. I'm not sure if we get these deals done without him because he's super aggressive and good at crunching the numbers. With Philbin and Hickey being somewhat laid back individuals you need to somebody to come in and rule with the "big stick." Tannenbaum seems like the guy that doesn't mind rustling feathers... that's what you need to shake things up. What's the worst that can happen... you go 5-11? At 8-8 you still suck.

I really have no problem with Hickey and Tanenbaum working as a team, as long as their roles are clearly defined. Bottom line, it's about putting the most competitive team on the field this year and into the future, and if they can do it together then that's fine with me. Your record clearly says who you are, so let's see if Tannenbaum can get us into the playoffs first before we crown him the second coming of Ozzie Newsome. I am encouraged and excited about the upcoming season. Can't wait until Suh steps on Brady's face--completely by accident of course.

Hell yea, let them be the next laurel and Hardy...or the next Mutt and Jeff. I hope they become the best allies and torture the AFC for years to come.

Back
Top Bottom