Targets at 102, Rankings from Different Draft Sites | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Targets at 102, Rankings from Different Draft Sites

Alec Lindstrom seems a sort of obvious choice for a late-round pick or priority free agent. If he goes undrafted the chances are really good he'd pick Miami to sign because of Applebaum.

I don't know if he'll go undrafted. Probably not.
Late 5th early 6th area i would guess.Most have him as the 5th or 6th best C and that does not include guys moving to C like Luke Tom potentially could.

But Miami may like him more than that.

As of right now unless Robert Hunt is the future at right tackle, you'd have to expect that a trade-up for Zach Tom or Kellen Diesch would be on the table.

I think the chances are slim to none that Tom makes it to 102 and it would seem to me the chances are low on Diesch making it there either.

Dare Rosenthal also strikes me as the right type that you could see Miami go for around the 102 area inasmuch as he's too talented to fall that far but he probably will for off-field reasons, and Miami could accept that type of risk on the hope that a player's coach like Mike McDaniel could get through to him. Terron Armstead's veteran presence could help as well.

As of right now unless Robert Hunt is the future at right tackle, you'd have to expect that a trade-up for Zach Tom or Kellen Diesch would be on the table.

I think the chances are slim to none that Tom makes it to 102 and it would seem to me the chances are low on Diesch making it there either.

Dare Rosenthal also strikes me as the right type that you could see Miami go for around the 102 area inasmuch as he's too talented to fall that far but he probably will for off-field reasons, and Miami could accept that type of risk on the hope that a player's coach like Mike McDaniel could get through to him. Terron Armstead's veteran presence could help as well.

Yeah, 99.9% sure the NFL was never going to let Tom fall, but the media appears to be catching up. Think he ended up like 64 on PFF's final big board. And, tbh, that feels low to me. After all, he graded as their best pass-blocking OT in 2021 and had nearly identical measurements and testing numbers to R. Slater. He also looked MUCH better vs Jermaine Johnson than did projected Top 10 pick Ekwonu (not a Top 10 player for me, but that's beside the point).

I hate when i start to like a guy and as the process goes on he moves out of the Fins range.

Tom is another one of many.

If you're going to start paying close attention to the draft and you're any good at it, get used to that.

In January I can start doing those fanspeak mock drafts and end up with 1st rounders in every single round, including the 7th round. But by draft day, gets harder to feel like you cheated the system.

But it's not the NFL that is moving the guys up and down through the process. It's the media. The NFL has their own process and it's much more akin to focusing a lens until things are less and less blurry, as opposed to this working mental model fans tend to have of like a horse race where one guy starts sprinting ahead and then starts flagging behind, etc.

The media guys by and large don't know what they are talking about.Early in the process you get to hear their actual opinions and then watch how much they change as they get info from league sources.

I have never been able to take Todd McShay seriously after listening to him at the Senior Bowl 2 years ago. Jason Strowbridge played in the game and McShay called him a 1st round talent.That was his actual opinion based on watching the kid play.

As we all know Strowbridge was a 5th round pick by the Fins which is why I remember McShay hyping the kid.

Brandon Smith, the LB from Pennsylvania State, is big and athletic but not instinctive. But he brings an athletic dimension that this team sorely needs at LB.

The DT from Arkansas, Ridgeway, may also be very interesting. I don’t think we are set at all on the D line, especially when it comes to run stuffers. A 34 end may be in the cards, as might an edge player. Somebody like Malone from Western Kentucky.

He's good. Would be a solid pick. Chandler's speed makes me like him more for Miami, but White is kind of like a bigger, faster Chase Edmunds, so I think he's a fit, too.
I like Ty Chandler too.

I don't know if Miami used a 3rd or 4th on a RB in this Draft but those are two guys i would not mind in that area. Although Chandler might belong in R5 I think White is solidly in the middle of R4.

I like Ty Chandler too.

I don't know if Miami used a 3rd or 4th on a RB in this Draft but those are two guys i would not mind in that area. Although Chandler might belong in R5 I think White is solidly in the middle of R4.

Yeah, for teams who don't run a Shanahan offense, White will likely be rated higher (and should be for the vast majority). He's a really good, complete back. I do think Chandler has more big-play ability. You see the extra gear he has, and he runs hard, too. As receivers, White saw more volume, but Chandler was more efficient with his targets - largely because of his big-play ability. Both are solid.

I'd rather go DL/OL/LB/even DB at 102 and draft Chandler at 125 or later than White at 102, but I think they're both excellent options for Miami. For Miami, I have the RB's Hall, Walker, Cook, Chandler, R. White, Z. White.

Back
Top Bottom