Taylor finally speaks on team adding two new DEs | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Taylor finally speaks on team adding two new DEs

Nublar7

Retired FinHeaven Staff
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/dolphins/content/sports/epaper/2005/04/12/a3b_dolphins_0412.html
On the day the Dolphins signed their second free-agent defensive end, the team's Pro Bowler at that position "didn't know what was going on."

Jason Taylor, on a boat headed to the Bahamas, said his phone started ringing constantly. Was coach Nick Saban going to replace him? Would he be traded?

"I wondered why he signed the ends," Taylor said Monday at his celebrity golf tournament at Grande Oaks Country Club. "But we're all replaceable."

After Taylor's agent, Gary Wichard, told The Palm Beach Post that Taylor "was not looking to become a situational, stand-up linebacker" and media outlets clamored for comment, Saban issued a statement.

"We have no intention of moving or trading Jason Taylor," Saban said. "Everything we have done is to build our defense around what Jason does best. He's an outstanding player."

Those words both comforted and motivated Taylor, who has spent all of his eight NFL seasons in Miami and has become heavily involved in the community.

"You don't mind hearing that your new coach wants you and is going to make you a big part of what he wants to do," Taylor said. "Obviously it was a compliment to me and I appreciate it. Now I've got the responsibility and pressure to go out there, back him up, give him my best and that's what I'm going to do."

Taylor said this year's voluntary workouts have included much more classroom time than in the past.

"It's all new to a lot of us," he said. "There's a learning curve to this and it's like learning French right now."

Good to see my favorite current phin is staying put :)

Probably thought Saban was cleaning house completely.

"It's all new to a lot of us," he said. "There's a learning curve to this and it's like learning French right now."

This comment made me feel a bit uneasy....French is tough to learn.

Predaphin said:

It's funny that you say this. My first thought when I read that part was dang, you can't learn French is less than a year!! :eek:

Ozzy said:
It's funny that you say this. My first thought when I read that part was dang, you can't learn French is less than a year!! :eek:

Actually, you can. You see, while the French language seems like a hard task to topple right away, it isn't. It is a latin based language just like Spanish. Similar base models to word are used throughout both languages. In fact, if you were to speak Spanish fluently, one could theoritically, pick up other Latin based tongues in months, as opposed to be fluent in years.

I suppose what I am saying is, we better hope Taylor knows Spanish...

Timetorebuild said:
French is an easy language to learn...for someone with half a brain

Or if you're a sissy surrender monkey :lol:

Before the Politically Correct police come to arrest me, I was just kidding.

Dont underestimate how important Jasons support of Saban is to the growth and sucess of this team. He is the heartbeat of that defense and one of the emotional leaders. I think that is why Saban was very public with the matter.

This is good to hear, glad he is motivated. If he doesnt buy into what Saban is doing it isnt likely that the other veterans on the team will either.

I like that the article said Kevin Carter was with all those dolphin players at JT's event. I hope they build a relationship even before camp.

j.t. is a crucial part of the team. both on and off the field. along with zach, junior, sam and soon kevin carter. all there opinions will be extremely valued and looked up to by our rookies. im am extemely pleased that they have embrassed coach saban. well coach the team is with you. build us up and lets bring lombardi back to south florida.

caneaddict said:
Or if you're a sissy surrender monkey :lol:

Before the Politically Correct police come to arrest me, I was just kidding.

:lol:

Predaphin said:

it just confirmed my thought that Wanny didn't look at film, or spend much time with the mental aspect of football.

I think what JT means by what he says is going from little classroom work to alot in one year is like knowing English your whole life, and then deciding to learn French.

The older you get, the harder it is to change habits.

Back
Top Bottom