Taylor on Offense?? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Taylor on Offense??

Nicky Napoleon

We'll Miss You Nubs
Reaction score
Taylor on Offense???

I read that but if you look right below it it says that Jason Taylor would like to take some snaps on offense!!! He said that the topic of him playing TE has come up although he hasnt taken any snaps there. I provided a link.

Celtkin

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Nicky Napoleon said:
Taylor on Offense???

I read that but if you look right below it it says that Jason Taylor would like to take some snaps on offense!!! He said that the topic of him playing TE has come up although he hasnt taken any snaps there. I provided a link.

Jason has been publically lobying to take some snaps at TE since the end of last season. He has the size but do you put him in only TE catching situations or as a blocker? My guess is that he wants to catch.

KPDolfan424

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Ya when Nick Saban was on the nfl network I believe for the first time as the dolphins coach one of the guys brought that up about Jason Taylor wanting to play on the offense, but saban just kinda brushed that off, I forget what he said though. Its kinda crazy.

popularwar

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
KPDolfan424 said:
Ya when Nick Saban was on the nfl network I believe for the first time as the dolphins coach one of the guys brought that up about Jason Taylor wanting to play on the offense, but saban just kinda brushed that off, I forget what he said though. Its kinda crazy.
When asked what he thought about JT playing tight end in goal line situations, Nick Saban replied "I wanted to be a quarterback in college, we don't always get what we want."

raving

Starter
Reaction score
To paraphrase Saban said something like: Lot's of players want to do lots of things that do not necessarily suit the team. In other words he was not really taking what Taylor wants in this matter TOO seriously, but he finished by saying - whatever can help the team.

fishfan34

2008 AFC EASTERN DIVISION CHAMPIONS!
Reaction score
I think we'd better get our regular offensive guys playing well before we start putting defensive stud's on offense for wrinkle plays.

painnotpleasure

Hall Of Famer
Reaction score
popularwar said:
When asked what he thought about JT playing tight end in goal line situations, Nick Saban replied "I wanted to be a quarterback in college, we don't always get what we want."
Yeah, I was going to say the same thing. He also said, "I couldn't see over the Offensive lineman or down the field". Something along those lines... :lol:

mercury 40

Practice Squad
Reaction score
well now, since we are having fun with moving people around why dont we bring back alonzo mayes and use him at dt or why not move sam i am madison to qb ? :tongue:

FinsAreLife

F-A-L
Reaction score
popularwar said:

dang that was a nice dis, props to the god:lol:

Boik14

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Cool, Jt wants to be our Mike Vrabel :)

Losman7

Greater of 2 Evils.
Reaction score
Is Taylor serious? Why do guys want to do dumb **** like this? Because the Pats do it? Sure it works sometimes, but wouldn't McMichael be able to catch anything that taylor could?

Plus, I don't get how teams let a player like Vrabel catch TDs? When he checks in don't they realize he might be getting the ball?

John Biello

Perennial All-Pro
Club Member
Reaction score
its funny, youd think that there is a 75% the ball is going to the linebacker, at least pay attention to him. play action pisses me off on the goaline though, real men hand it off up the gut 4 times in a row, none of this play fake toss it to our tight end garbage

Top Bottom