Taylor's position? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Taylor's position?

Backer85

I can't spell.
Reaction score
With us most likely running a 3-4 D that'll leave us with 3 down linemen. We traded for Ferguson, so Holliday will most likely be a DE. Then we have Roth playing the other DE. We have Porter as OLB and reports that we're trying to sign Pace to a deal. So where is Taylor going to play? I was thinking we don't draft Long first, use Roth as back up and have Talor play DE with Holliday.

Hows that sound to you guys? Post your ideas please.

Im not sure Taylor is big enough to play every down at DE in a 3-4. But, Im not certain. I cant say Im an expert on the matter. I think even in the hybrid system that Saban ran he was more or less an OLB lined up closer to the line alot. If we were in a true 4-3 during that time he was a straight up DE.

If we sign Pace I think he or Porter is the odd man out and I dont mind that. I would rather trade JT for some pick(s).

Also forget about Roth being a DE for us. He is a backup at best. Holliday will definately start along side Ferguson, with maybe that thug kid we got from the Titans being the other DE? Im not certain.

Im not sure Taylor is big enough to play every down at DE in a 3-4. But, Im not certain. I cant say Im an expert on the matter. I think even in the hybrid system that Saban ran he was more or less an OLB lined up closer to the line alot. If we were in a true 4-3 during that time he was a straight up DE.

If we sign Pace I think he or Porter is the odd man out and I dont mind that. I would rather trade JT for some pick(s).

Also forget about Roth being a DE for us. He is a backup at best. Holliday will definately start along side Ferguson, with maybe that thug kid we got from the Titans being the other DE? Im not certain.

Taylor will play OLB in our 3-4.

I also agree that Roth is on his way to becoming a back-up. He didn't play well last season and I don't think he's strong enough to hold up at the point of attackin a 3-4.

Taylor will play OLB in our 3-4.

I also agree that Roth is on his way to becoming a back-up. He didn't play well last season and I don't think he's strong enough to hold up at the point of attackin a 3-4.

Yea. Totally agree. Seeing that Roth wasnt able to hold up at the point of attack as a DE in a 4-3, :lol: I definately cant see it happening with just one teammate in the middle.

I'll say it again - JT is going. He's not a BP guy just like Zach wasn't. He doesn't fit the system and is being paid a boat load of money. I see NO WAY he stays. You have Holliday and RWright as your DE's with Mose and Roth as backups before they even add FA's and Draft picks. BP loves DE's so I expect a few to be picked up. You now add Pace at OLB with Porter - unless he and Torbor move inside there is no room for a 9M/yr pass rush guy.

Back
Top Bottom