TDN Mock Draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

TDN Mock Draft

clutch23

Rookie
Reaction score
I've been playing with The Draft Network's simulator for a few weeks and wanted to share what I ended up with and get opinions.

R1P5 Tua Tagovailoa, QB, Bama
R1P18 Andrew Thomas, OT, UGA
R1P26 Lloyd Cushenberry III, OC

Surprised Thomas fell. Only Edge player left at 26 was Gross-Matos who I think is more of a 4-3 DE than a stand-up OLB.

R2P39 Julian Okwara, Edge, ND
R2P56 Jonathan Taylor, HB, Wisc

Almost went CB at 56, but there were 3 or 4 there and felt a workhorse RB with a rookie QB or Fitz would take off some pressure.

R3P70 Bryce Hall, CB, UVA

Great value, IMO, at a position of need and viable option opposite Howard in a yr or so.

R5P135 Tyler Johnson, WR, Minn
R5P144 Jack Driscoll, OT, Auburn
R5P155 J.R. Reed, S, UGA

This is the sweet spot in the draft, I think. I love Johnson. I think Driscoll is better served at OG and could excel there with time. J.R. Reed would become the heir apparent to Reshad who we drafted same RD and from same college.

R6P165 Shaquille Quarterman, LB, Mia
R6P177 Reggie Floyd, S, VT

Some much needed depth on defense and guys who can contribute early on ST

R7P223 James Proche, WR, SMU

I expect he rises after the combine. He remind me of a Great Value Jarvis Landry. Hands are amazing, gritty player, but not elite athleticism.

Would also sign a Vet on the OL (preferably a RT) and an Edge to let the young guys be rotational players in 2020.

Thoughts? Critiques?

1a and 1b are ideal. I think 1c is a little early for Cushenberry. If C at 1c, Ruiz looks like the best prospect to me.

Curious to see how Okwara tests. Hype is he'll smash the Combine, but he tested very poorly coming out of HS. That's not at all damming, but it's something to keep an eye on. Haven't given him a close look.

Would prefer to wait on RB, but I wouldn't be upset about Taylor at 2b.

I've been really high on Tyler Johnson for a while.

After doing so many of these(too many)it will be interesting to see what the actual Draft looks like.

I have gotten a feel(based on the simulator)where guys will fall and who might be on the board when Miami picks but a lot could change, especially after the combine.

I would jump at Taylor at 2b. I don't think he'll last that long, but running backs do tend to slip.

Back
Top Bottom