TE Adam Shaheen gets two year extension | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

TE Adam Shaheen gets two year extension

True but isnt that the case with any signing? I was just saying it seems premature. The guy hasn't really shown he is deserving of it.

Cleary he has to the people that matter. His bosses.

You’re thinking one-dimensionally. There’s more to it than just in-game production.

These coaches/front office folks see him at every practice. Every team function. You don’t. We don’t.

And they clearly like what they’ve seen.

I imagine that they liked what they saw before he was a Dolphin. They did trade for him.

Fans turn on players that can't stay healthy. Many thought of DVP as weak and worth keeping on the roster.

He would have been a nice pickup for another team that saw the obvious talent and worth the risk if he could learn to mange his health better. Hear is to hoping it will be the same with Adam.

I think this may have been premature. He isnt bad but he only has 5 receptions for 58 yards and 2 tds.

I really dont like this extension. I know I am gonna get flamed for this because everyone loves Chris Grier right now but all of his extensions have been bad.

Let's hope I am wrong on this instead of him.
Stats don't tell the whole story. The coaches see practice, film study, and know assignments...if hes showing he can consistently set the edge and is open, and runs the right route, thats a good thing for the offense.

I like this deal. Shaheen is probably the most complete TE on the roster. Although I have been watching Gesicki more when he blocks this season, and hasn’t been nearly as bad as he used to be. Shaheen played well as a red zone threat in Chicago, which he’s doing here. His main issue there was not staying healthy. So far he’s been doing well with his assignments. I feel this coaching staff does a good job in most cases in using some players strengths, and getting the best out of them. Maybe we will start seeing more Shaheen in the passing game, he’s been working his way up the depth chart.

TE is not our top priority. Mid to low round only
Passing on Friermuth in the second would be a huge mistake. Tua needs weapons. This draft in my mind needs to be weapon after weapon. Including a wr and rb very high in draft.

The one extension that looks bad to me is the one for Grant. I never saw him as a WR really, just a pure return man. That said... and I keep saying this... NFL rules mandate that you MUST spend 89% of your cap, and at the time... mid-season... we didn't have many players to spend money upon. I'd call it a slight miss because he didn't turn into more... but it certainly didn't hurt us.
Well, he wasn't terrible in the Seattle game, and he was good in the Jets game. Hopefully he continues to get better.

The only way I draft Freiermuth, is if I have already decided I want to part ways with Gesicki (and then probably only if I already have a deal on the table).

If I could trade Gesicki for a high second or better, I think I'd be willing to spend as high as a mid first on Freiermuth. And I'd do it because, like Kittle, he will probably be equally dangerous in the run and pass game. I don't think Gesicki will ever be as dangerous in the run game and I wouldn't ask him to block a DE.

That said Gesicki is NFL proven and that does have to be factored in. He is not someone I'd want my defense to have to face.

Back
Top Bottom