TE Adam Shaheen gets two year extension | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

TE Adam Shaheen gets two year extension

what is the worst thing that could happen?

he doesn't play well all of a sudden and we cut him?

Fine with this but agree that we give some weird extensions to low-mid tier players that we probably don’t need to lock up given what other interest in them would be:

Bobby McCain (ok this looks good now)
Jesse Davis (also good)
Jakeem Grant
Allen Hurns
Now Shaheen

Fine with this but agree that we give some weird extensions to low-mid tier players that we probably don’t need to lock up given what other interest in them would be:

Jesse Davis (also good)
Jakeem Grant
Allen Hurns
Now Shaheen
Okay so Bobby McCain and Davis look good now, also same can be said about Parker (which many people criticized at the time).

You can't hit on all of your signings. If you look around NFL, players on bad contracts get released all the time. So it's not just the Dolphins.
Even the best GMs in the business make questionable decisions. It's just the better ones have a lot fewer of those bad contracts/signings.

Also, if you always wait to re-sign free agents after they hit open market, you will most definitely be overpaying.

I think this may have been premature. He isnt bad but he only has 5 receptions for 58 yards and 2 tds.

I really dont like this extension. I know I am gonna get flamed for this because everyone loves Chris Grier right now but all of his extensions have been bad.

Let's hope I am wrong on this instead of him.
ALL of his extensions have been bad? All is a pretty strong word, and I feel like even some of Grier's biggest critics on this site will agree that he had some pretty good extensions

Jesse Davis (also good)
Jakeem Grant
Allen Hurns
Now Shaheen
Some are more head scratching than others.

Might have to do with rewarding players that work hard and do things the right way.

Locker room stuff.

Stuff we don't see.

I think this may have been premature. He isnt bad but he only has 5 receptions for 58 yards and 2 tds.

I really dont like this extension. I know I am gonna get flamed for this because everyone loves Chris Grier right now but all of his extensions have been bad.

No flaming, but Shah has shown pretty good hands AND is a competent blocker. He may never be a #1 TE, but the salary isreasonable

Brother its not always about the receptions. I am very happy that this got done.

Could be practicing with the second team and there is already some chemistry, therefore this makes really good sense in that aspect.
He did have some rough years in Chicago. Of course it seems Nagy us in over his head. Has the measurable traits and skill. It certainly helps playing on a team that is trying be vertical and not having trubisky. His value was also so low because they had some crazy number like 8 tight ends and needed to drop some. So the talent has been there, but the opportunity was ideal for both us and him

He did have some rough years in Chicago. Of course it seems Nagy us in over his head. Has the measurable traits and skill. It certainly helps playing on a team that is trying be vertical and not having trubisky. His value was also so low because they had some crazy number like 8 tight ends and needed to drop some. So the talent has been there, but the opportunity was ideal for both us and him
Nice post brother!:ffic:

Back
Top Bottom