TE Adam Shaheen gets two year extension | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

TE Adam Shaheen gets two year extension

It's a low risk deal with moderate upside.

I think it's well worth the price.

It's a two year deal with a MAX value of 7.85mil. Depending on the escalators to reach that number, this could be a very cheap re-signing if he doesn't "improve" or be a steal if he blossoms with Tua.

Anywho, it's a deal with 3.25mil guaranteed. Nothing that handcuffs this team if he plays terrible

The NFL isn't going to let a salary cap reduction destroy teams. I'm not sure why everyone thinks billionaire would be okay with self applied destruction of a 10 billion dollar business.

Thank you, I've been saying the same thing.

It's not in anyone's best interest to see that cap going. I don't buy it.

In my complete the offense rehaul in 2021 plan: I say draft Pat Freiermuth and a quartet of he, Geisicki, Shaheen and Smyth would actual give Miami a very good TE group.

ALL of his extensions have been bad? All is a pretty strong word, and I feel like even some of Grier's biggest critics on this site will agree that he had some pretty good extensions

Of course not all as you say, No universal truths. But a lot of them potentially but I think a lot that remains to be seen. Parker was a good extension. Grant not really so far, Jesse Davis is still a maybe for me but I will admit he has been showing value this year, I am still holding judgment out on him but my opinion of him is trending upward. Allen Hurns (puke). Bobby MacCain is being grossly overrated due to his stats this year. I am still of the mind that we could have a better player in there for less money but I will also admit his play has improved recently, if he can remain consistent for the rest of the year I will concede, but I think his downfall is coming. Hopefully I am wrong.

Rent to Buy. We bought. IMHO, he has a lot of potential and it should be a good contract as long as the nutrition/sports science staff can keep him healthy. Hey, if they can heal DaVante Parker, they might be able to heal Adam Shaheen. [note: all of my fingers and toes are crossed as I say this].

I would like to see Karras given an extension as well.
Karras has done a great job marshalling the OL. I'm guessing he may have offers after the season, so a simple extension might not be enough to keep him. He joined with a Rent to Buy type of contract and will be expecting being bought for a starter's salary .... not the backup salary he is currently being paid. If he isn't given that salary, I'm certain he'll have offers elsewhere.

I think this may have been premature. He isnt bad but he only has 5 receptions for 58 yards and 2 tds.

I really dont like this extension. I know I am gonna get flamed for this because everyone loves Chris Grier right now but all of his extensions have been bad.

Let's hope I am wrong on this instead of him.

The Parker deal looks like one of the best non-rookie deal contracts out there. The Davis deal looks better by the week and Rowe was another great preemptive signing. Even McCain has started to play well.

These deals are great from the team's perspective. Even when they misjudge like it appears they have with Grant its a low cost exit and no real harm done to the long term cap sheet. If he doesn't mesh with Tua hes out after this season costing ~3 mil over 3 seasons. Worth the gamble.

I love the approach they're taking with the extensions. You know a lot more has gone into it than the 5 receptions. Hes shown enough in practice to merit an extended look and gets a deal that has little effect on the overall payroll while meaning a whole lot to him in terms of financial security. I think its a great incentive to the rest of the guys playing on one year or short term deals that haven't gotten that second contract or may be struggling to get a foothold in this league. Even the Grant deal which has largely been seen as a bust by fans can be a positive if hes a representative of the culture you're trying to build.

Karras has done a great job marshalling the OL. I'm guessing he may have offers after the season, so a simple extension might not be enough to keep him. He joined with a Rent to Buy type of contract and will be expecting being bought for a starter's salary .... not the backup salary he is currently being paid. If he isn't given that salary, I'm certain he'll have offers elsewhere.
I was thinking extension with a very decent bump brother.

Absolutely... He has all the leverage and we may just let him walk. Drafting a rookie would give us a cheap player for several years. I like Karras, but unless he is willing to sign for 6th man money like Davis did... I think he walks.

The one extension that looks bad to me is the one for Grant. I never saw him as a WR really, just a pure return man. That said... and I keep saying this... NFL rules mandate that you MUST spend 89% of your cap, and at the time... mid-season... we didn't have many players to spend money upon. I'd call it a slight miss because he didn't turn into more... but it certainly didn't hurt us.

Sure hope this doesn’t take us out of the high draft pick tight end market

Back
Top Bottom