TE Colt Lyerla has Left the Oregon Football Team | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

TE Colt Lyerla has Left the Oregon Football Team

Wow. Thats crazy. My guess is he gets drafted. Too much talent to pass up

He'll get drafted. Bryce Brown, Mike Williams, Marquess Wilson, etc. were all drafted. All three were viewed as quitters in college.

There's obviously issues between him and the coaching staff at Oregon. The real question is whether or not the drug rumors are true. He's unquestionably one of the best athletes in the game of football... college or pro.

Most of these kids being drafted are carrying much more baggage than anyone thinks to begin with.

Hrmph. I've seen some interesting references and people replacing "Colt" with another four letter word that starts with a "Co". Another word that starts with "Co": Coincidence?

That's unfortunate if true, hope he can get help if that's the case too much talent to waste.

Exceptional skill....some team will take a chance on him in the draft...

Hrmph. I've seen some interesting references and people replacing "Colt" with another four letter word that starts with a "Co". Another word that starts with "Co": Coincidence?

Never underestimate Twitter and people within one's community.

He'll get drafted. Bryce Brown, Mike Williams, Marquess Wilson, etc. were all drafted. All three were viewed as quitters in college.

There's obviously issues between him and the coaching staff at Oregon. The real question is whether or not the drug rumors are true. He's unquestionably one of the best athletes in the game of football... college or pro.

Most of these kids being drafted are carrying much more baggage than anyone thinks to begin with.

Well said. The guy's athletic gifts are special. I look at him as being sort of a TE version of Dez Bryant athletically. He is simply too much quickness/speed/lift/power into a package that is too big for a DB and too fast for a LB to cover in the pass game. He looks more like 6'3-1/2" to me rather than the listed 6'5", and his arms aren't particularly long, but his leg talent is truly special. He's not much more of a risk than Dez who got drafted high, or Lagarette Blount or Vontaze Burfict who didn't get drafted at all. He's more talented than Mike Williams and Marquess Wilson who Slim so eloquently explained got their chances.

Ireland takes chances on guys, but he doesn't spend high picks on risky guys. He also doesn't like drafting TE's until the 3rd or 4th rounds. But there's a point in there where talent outweighs risk so much that he will pull the trigger. Honey Badger had substance issues, went a year without playing, and rehabbed himself. He slipped from the 1st because of all of his problems ... but the talent was too high to NOT take a chance. Guys like Janoris Jenkins make mistakes but the talent is too high to slide very far. Lyerla will probably still get a chance in the NFL. If he is drafted it will be after ASJ and Ebron ... and watching him on film, I'd say Lyerla has a higher ceiling for the NFL than both if he can get his head together. That sounds like a big "if."

Back
Top Bottom