TE Jermichael Finley talks about Philbin | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

TE Jermichael Finley talks about Philbin

It's about time we start spending mid-round picks on potential playmaking TE's. Oh wait.

Guess we shouldn't bother taking anyone with a mid-round pick then, since I'm sure you can go back through team history and find busts at nearly every position with those draft picks.

Keller, Clay and Finley sounds like a defenses nightmare.

too many good TE's in this draft. got to get one imo.

I don't know man. We need a tall size mismatch guy for the red zone, and the only ones I see are ASJ and Niklas, both of whom are a tad on the slow side. We need a TE that can pass protect and run block in addition to being a size mismatch and run the seam route ... I just don't see any of those guys in this draft. Ebron has the speed but not the size or blocking. Amaro is the best pass catcher but he isn't a blocker. ASJ has the size but not the speed and blocking ability, and Niklas lacks the speed and is kinda raw. I wish there were a Tyler Eifert or Zach Ertz type this year ... but I just don't see one.

I'd be up for trading Pouncey for Eifert if Cincinnati would do it. They like guys with questionable character and already have a big TE. I wonder what else it would take to get that done?

We have Clay. We need a good blocking TE who's just dangerous enough to make defenses pay for ignoring him.

if its between Keller and Finley id take Keller both have injury concerns but Keller already has some familiarity and i prefer a knee (assuming it heals properly) history of head and neck history. Keller also doesn't try to talk up his game like Finley he just comes to play.

If Keller can even come back, his knee was all sorts of messed up. I think a sleeper in this draft in the Finley mode is Xavier Grimble. Tall and lanky with nice hands, he's probably a day 3 guy who could totally surprise.

Remember what happened last time we passed on a good player with neck problems.

First, Finley is no Manning. Second, in Finley's 6 seasons he's played 16 games twice, with seasons of 5 and 6 games. He was no ironman before the neck injury. Third, his best season has been 767 yards and 8 tds, essentially what Clay did this year. It's not like he's a dramatic step up.

Back
Top Bottom