Team building theory 2021 edition. | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Team building theory 2021 edition.

What do you do with #3 if no trade down available?

• QB

Votes: 9 6.6%
  • WR

Votes: 62 45.3%
  • T

Votes: 66 48.2%

• Total voters
WTF! Who cares what the player wants? Put the player where you want him to play. He doesn’t get a choice. That is a coaching decision.

Just now voted, and looked at the results so far.

Was surprised that for all the "take the QB" posts I've seen the past few days, it was only 4%.

I chose Tackle, by the way.

Surprised 46% of the posters are morons. Wait, no I’m not.

The fact that there's only 4 votes for QB despite an influx of anti Tua post and threads just confirms for me that the anti Tua crowd is really just one poster with multiple alts. Said poster is clearly busy cleaning his room/basement.
I get the impression there are a few, but they are a vocal minority.

Most ppl don't hate Tua, even though they may have concerns, and critiques.

No player is above criticism, until they, at least have a couple all pro selections on their resume.

The fact that there's only 4 votes for QB despite an influx of anti Tua post and threads just confirms for me that the anti Tua crowd is really just one poster with multiple alts. Said poster is clearly busy cleaning his room/basement.
TBH, its not that big of a stretch... Its tiresome to hear the argument for drafting a QB at #3 "Because Tua is a gimp with a noodle arm"... But there are guys who's opinion I value alot who would make a good case for the move regardless of what Tua has looked like this season.

While Im not sure if they voted or not... @Awsi Dooger and @j-off-her-doll might have just voted QB, and these guys run circles around most posters on this site including me when it comes to football.... Its not as bad of a move as we might think.

If we can't trade down then WR is the way to go imo. As I've said before, we don't know yet what we have with Jackson at LT because he's just a rookie but the talent is there. OTOH, we do know what we have at WR which is nothing so to me is very simple. Take what you need(WR) instead of drafting a player(Sewell) that you might not even need.
We took "what we needed" last year and drafted Jackson at 18 in a draft loaded with WR's. I think we were going OT there no matter what, and many considered Jackson a reach. We wouldn't be in this position if we simply drafted BPA. Draft BPA.

We have 3 more picks in the first 2 rounds to add weapons. Don't pass on premiere talent to "fill a need" with a premium pick. I can only get on board with a WR if we can trade back.

TBH, its not that big of a stretch... Its tiresome to hear the argument for drafting a QB at #3 "Because Tua is a gimp with a noodle arm"... But there are guys who's opinion I value alot who would make a good case for the move regardless of what Tua has looked like this season.

While Im not sure if they voted or not... @Awsi Dooger and @j-off-her-doll might have just voted QB, and these guys run circles around most posters on this site including me when it comes to football.... Its not as bad of a move as we might think.
That's a different story though. That's based strictly on philosophy. An inflexible philosophy that I may not agree with, but can respect none the less, because it doesn't involve emotional detours. I would guess those same guys would likely laugh at the mere suggestion of taking a WR top 5.

That's a different story though. That's based strictly on philosophy. An inflexible philosophy that I may not agree with, but can respect none the less, because it doesn't involve emotional detours. I would guess those same guys would likely laugh at the mere suggestion of taking a WR top 5.
Maybe I worded my post wrong. But no, I dont think they'd laugh at the idea of drafting a WR at #3... I think its really close between QB, T and WR here, really close... There's a solid logic behind making any of those moves IMO. None of which involve any slight at Tua...

Maybe I worded my post wrong. But no, I dont think they'd laugh at the idea of drafting a WR at #3... I think its really close between QB, T and WR here, really close... There's a solid logic behind making any of those moves IMO. None of which involve any slight at Tua...
I'm not sure I understand. The ppl that would make the case for QB, if it has nothing to do with Tua, must surely be basing it on the value of the pick, and WR is not commonly viewed as a "value" position that high.

Even if they are unwaveringly BPA, it wouldn't make sense, unless they think the 3rd rated QB is truly the BPA left on the board, and while that could be possible in a given year, It surely isn't the case this year, IMO.

Agreed and some are mistaking this "generational" talent label on Sewell. He's not perfect and despite the buzz he's not worlds better than the next OT talent. The same can't be said for Chase/Smith those guys are heads and shoulders better than the next reciever talent on the list.
When you and I agree then that should be the end of the thread. We have spoken!

Don't you need to know which QB is available before you could vote QB?

I would take Sewell ahead of Wilson, but Fields ahead of Sewell.

My guess is the Jets take Fields.
Interesting distinction, and reasonable. There will probably be teams discussing that exact scenario when considering a trade up.

Back
Top Bottom