Team corrals Davie rodeo site as backup | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Team corrals Davie rodeo site as backup

Staff will clean up the facility prior to the players' arrival about 10 a.m., she said.

"That would give us plenty of time to pick up any poop," she said. :p4e:

All the Journalists will be taken there so they can smell the............

Personally, I wonder if it is safe to practice on a rodeo field like that. Remember how we had a problem with staff infection last year? If we end up practicing on a rodeo field with all kinds of cow and horse poop there, even if they've cleaned it up there will still be lots of microbes left from the poop on the field. They will be practicing there in pads, during training camp when there is full hitting involved. Not a great idea, IMO.

EDIT: Although I do like the idea of our OL trying to block a few Brahma Bulls hehe..

Yeah, I'm not crazy about this. What happened to the on-site bubble we were supposed to get?

ckparrothead said:
Personally, I wonder if it is safe to practice on a rodeo field like that. Remember how we had a problem with staff infection last year? If we end up practicing on a rodeo field with all kinds of cow and horse poop there, even if they've cleaned it up there will still be lots of microbes left from the poop on the field. They will be practicing there in pads, during training camp when there is full hitting involved. Not a great idea, IMO.

EDIT: Although I do like the idea of our OL trying to block a few Brahma Bulls hehe..

I dont know, that rodeo is used for festivals and such.. In fact, I went to that same rodeo ground for a Brazilian Festa Juninha last month and they were serving food right inside the rodeo field.. If it was such a health threat I doubt they would be permitted to do so.

its a back up facility i dont see it as a problem. infact props to saban for thinking ahead and not allowing somthing as common as bad weather to interfere with the team's work.

As with the other concerns ya'll have brought up, I'm worried about the softness, and uneveness of the dirt. I would think that it's tough to run and cut on, and I sure hope nobody twists an ankle or something.

Steve

SkapePhin said:
I dont know, that rodeo is used for festivals and such.. In fact, I went to that same rodeo ground for a Brazilian Festa Juninha last month and they were serving food right inside the rodeo field.. If it was such a health threat I doubt they would be permitted to do so.

Well the other thing here is I HIGHLY doubt Saban would do something like this unless he thought everything was kosher. It just kind of bothers me we'll be using a rodeo house as our indoor practice facility- too many possibilities of something obsurdely ridiculous happening. C'mon Wayne, cough up the $3 mil for the bubble. Freakin' Wayne probably has $3 mil in his couch cushions.

Back
Top Bottom