3)C
4)S
5)DT
6)QB
7)OT
8)WR
9)LB
10)DE
1st Mock(All mocks include surtain, Zgonina, and TB trades)
#5)Braylon Edwards(VIA TB)(WR) Michigan The only way we pick him most likely is if Chicago picks Ronnie Brown. Either way Braylon will be a great pro with good coaching because he is a bit inconsistent. He has great size, speed, and hands. Chambers and Edwards would compete for the #1 spot and that leaves us with a great #3 in Marty Booker.
#36)Darryl Blackstock(VIA TB)(OLB) Virginia I think Burnett(Tennesee) will go in the first and Blackstock will fall to us. He will start this year because he can play inside and outside but when Seau retires, outside is his natural position and he will play there. With great size and speed he will be the first building block of a potential 3-4 defense.
#46)David Baas(VIA KC)(G/C) Michigan This is another pick that could be decided between two players, if Baas is the first Guard taken, Elton Brown will be available and would most likely be the pick. Baas is going to be an excellent pro and will start right away because he can play both Center and Guard. He has great technique and excellent quickness. If he gets stronger(which he will) and Houck coaches him up look for him to be dominating.
#70)Ciatrick Fason(RB) Florida Morency will go late second, leaving the next best fit to Linehan's system available. C4 has great speed(even though 40 time was poor) and some power to him. His hands are better than many of the prospects in the draft and he can and will block. The only reason he falls this far is he had poor workouts but is still in my view among the top 6 RBs in the draft.
#71)David Greene(VIA TB)(QB) GeorgiaCareer backup, right?...Wrong, I don't care what the "Experts" say, he does have a strong arm and great accuracy. He throws the fade route the best I have ever seen, right on target every time. Above all, he wins, the winningest QB in Div. 1A football, enough said.
#104)Oshiomogho Atogwe(S)Stanford Atogwe is a play-maker with bost his hits and his interceptions, he had 4 picks in his senior season, which is a decent amount for college. Good speed and is great in Run defense, not the best in coverage for a free safety but could play either safety spot, raising his draft status.
#129)Dominique Foxworth(CB) Maryland Before workouts he was projected 2nd round, but once again it will actually workout for us because it will cause him to fall right into our lap. He is great in man and has potential to be a shutdown corner, which is very rare in the 5th round. He plays best in Dime and Nickel, but I think he has enough talent to be a #1 cornerback in the NFL.
#192)Richie Incognito(VIA STL)(C) Nebraska Off the field issues are the only reasons holding him back from being a day 1 pick, will be a starter eventually under the coaching of Houck. He reminds me of Nick Hardwick(3rd round for SD) because he works hard and will get better, many people believe he has no work ethic because of his off-field issues but it is actually the opposite.
#216)Albert Means(DT) Memphis The man is huge, he is perfect for the nose-guard position in the 3-4. He will get plenty of playing time this year and will without a doubt start in a year, he fits perfect for the Dolphins and is a huge sleeper. BTW when I say huge Im sure youll agree he is 6'4" 340.

2nd Mock
5)Ronnie Brown(RB) Auburn Where should I start? If he falls to the #5 spot I would flat out cry my heart out with tears of joy:cry:. The most complete back in the draft, has speed, hands, and blocking ability that no RB has. It was said that he had the best hands out of anybody at the combine, including WRs and TEs. No off the field issues that have been revieled. I don't care how old he is as long as he isn't a 28 year old rookie(he is 24).
36)Matt Jones(ATH) Arkansas What a Talent! People question his love for the game but there is no way he would change posistions if he didn't love football. He just wants to play and has amazing hands and speed. The only question is how does he perform in games at WR. He played pretty well at the Senior Bowl but didn't have many chances to shine.
46)Brodney Pool(S) Oklahoma Yet another need filled that happens to be the best player available at the time of the pick. He may not be available, however and in that case, Ernest Shazor would be the pick but either way both of them will be starters eventually but considering Shazor is a SS and Pool is a FS, Pool will be the name Im hoping for on Draft Day.
70)C.J. Mosley(DT) Missouri He is the 6th DT on my list, so either he, Babineaux, or Castillo will fall to the third round and we will pick who ever falls. He will have to add bulk to play in the 3-4 but would fit perfect right now in the 4-3. I predict he will play some in the 4-3 at DT, and the 3-4 at DE, until he adds bulk and the he could be a potential 3-4 DT.
71)Adrian McPherson(QB) FSU 3 words, Boom or Bust, right now Im not sure but I believe he will start in a few years, He will be the second QB this year and if Feeley goes down look for him to flourish as the interim QB. He has terrific arm strength and excellent accuracy, he showed he can play at FSU and in the AFL. He can run but he is a pass fist type guy, which is a good thing IMO.
104)Ben Wilkerson(C) LSU Durability concerns will cause him to fall and we actualpick him in the 3rd, which still wouldn't be a reach. Has agreat work ethic, which coach Saban knows about and seems to be the pick that makes the most sense because he could start right away.
129)Travis Daniels(CB) LSU Two LSU picks in a row makes sense because Coach Saban knows the ins and outs of these guys. Daniels has great size for a Corner and may play FS. He could be a great depth player and potentially even a starter, but will be a special teams starter. His speed is the main reason he isn't a day 1 prospect.
192)Rob Petitti(OT) Pittsburgh Many people have said he will no doubt be the steal of the draft, I don't know because I haven't seen him play but with everything I have heard and read he could be great. The reason he falls is he still hasn't recovered from a foot injury.
216)Mike Goolsby(LB) Notre Dame He has the size, toughness and football intelligence to start someday. His best attribute is he is a very reliable tackle in the open field, which our defense has missed in recent years because Zach Thomas, sorry to say is showing signs of aging.

3rd Mock
5)Cadillac Williams(RB) Auburn Some say Benson is the pick here, but I don't. Cadillac is just as fast and quicker than Ronnie Brown. And showed his hands are better than every thought at the combine. He has good power other wise they wouldn't call him Cadillac. He will be an excellent starter and will be better than Benson but not quite as good as Ronnie.
36)Khalif Barnes(OT) Washington Yes, tackle isn't the biggest need on the line, but then he will beat out McIntosh and Vernon Carey will move inside where he is better anyway and flourish under Houck. He will win the starting spot in training camp and will never look back.
46)Charlie Frye(QB) Akron He was just amazing in the senior bowl and made me think. He is by far IMO the #3 QB in the draft. Let's just hope he can play that way in the NFL, may start this year may not either way he will start some time in the near future. Frye has a terrific feel for the game and has excellent intangibles.
70)Roscoe Parrish(WR) Miami His speed and fearless insticts over the middle make him a Brandon Stokley like WR. He would be perfect in the slot down the seem. He doesn't drop many passes and can take a hit. If he stayed in school we would be talking first round next year.
71)Chris Spencer(C/G) Miss. Spencer is better than Wilkerson and may be gone by this pick, if not he would be a great pick-up. He can play both Guard and center which is two of our main weaknesses. He has the most upside out of any interior lineman in the draft. Will start this year most likely at the right guard opposite Jeno James.
104)Kevin Everett(TE) Miami If for some reason something happens or we can't sign McMicheal he could be an excellent starter because of his potential. He only started one year at a major college so he need more experience as a blocker but has the toughness, size and strength to be an excellent balanced TE. If we do re-sign McMike, Everett could fill the blocking TE hole that we are searching to fill.
129)Anthony Bryant(DT) Alabama Another perfect fit as a nose-guard in the 3-4. He is not quite as tall as Means, but is fatter ares teams because of his lack of conditioning. He is an outstanding run-stopper but not much of a pass rusher, which would be fixed if he lost the extra weight that he has been carrying around.
192)Junior Rosegreen(S) Auburn If you haven't seen this guy play, ask Reggie Brown if he remembers the night Georgia played Auburn played and you will know his killer instincts. Ahuge hitter and flat out playmaker and can play both free and strong safety bur his natural position is strong because of his tackling skills.
216)Ben Emanuel(S) UCLA Yes, two safeties in a row, one a natural strong safety, one a natural free safety. Emanuel is the natural free safety. He has a great combination of size and speed. His only problem is he doesn't make many big plays, hell make the plays he just wont do anything spectacular, such as Sean Taylor or Ed Reed.
Please give opinions I made all of the mocks different in their own way. None of them are the same... Opinions, good or bad, just please give them.

Before I make any decisions ... how do you have us getting the #177 pick? you mention a trade with Stl in your first draft but that is the pick we traded to SD for Boston.

Sorry I fixed it the pick numbers were off due to compensatory picks.

LOL, no problem with the numbers ... just threw me off a bit.

But anyways ... I like your 2nd draft the best if it were to happen.

especially the Matt Jones pick at 36 ... just not sure he will last that long, he is getting a lot of attention.

Anyone else? Please I need help on making an ultimate mock draft.

Is it a given we're trading Zgonina? Almost every mock I've seen on here has us trading him.

I like the second mock the best.

I like your second mock the best, but I think you gotta go Caddy in the first and Blackstock at #36.

Actually give me Caddy, Mcpherson, Wilkerson, a WR (dont know too many of the later ones), and a Bibgy....plus whoever else and Ill be happy......

byroan said:
Is it a given we're trading Zgonina? Almost every mock I've seen on here has us trading him.

I like the second mock the best.
I wouldn't say it is a given, but I think there is a good chance. I think on Day 2 he will be traded to St. Louis for a 6th round draft choice.

Also, #2 is the better Mock.

I like the 2nd it's just that most likely we're getting Simms in the TB trade.

Ya, TB would put Simms in the deal to ease the burden on their draft picks. He'd count somewhere around a late 2nd.

Back
Top Bottom