Team Needs - Solutions | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Team Needs - Solutions

Harrington is a victim of the Cap and his own inconsistency.

First, super post - well done! You really lay out the options, both sides of the ball. However I think you're either not hearing what Cameron is saying - or for some reason believe Salguero's opinion at the Herald. Armando Salguero doesn't run the Team - Cameron does.

Cameron SAID: "We're going to focus on the guys we have."
Cameron SAID: "Every player on the roster gets a clean slate."

Which doesn't really support your problem with Joey's past, or looking elsewhere for other QB's ... I know it seems all the junior reporters here and elsewhere are Joey haters, but I'll take Cam's opinion over a bunch of fans and bloggers. The so-called cap hit is negligible - it would cost more cap $$ in signing bonus to trade him for a different guy - and ALL our current roster get first consideration for being here, knowing the system and the players.

I think unless we somehow grab Quinn - Cameron is sticking with all THREE QB's including Harrington. Unless Culpepper finally proves, once and for all, to be damaged goods in which case he'll be released. :cooldude:

First, super post - well done! You really lay out the options, both sides of the ball. However I think you're either not hearing what Cameron is saying - or for some reason believe Salguero's opinion at the Herald. Armando Salguero doesn't run the Team - Cameron does.

Cameron SAID: "We're going to focus on the guys we have."
Cameron SAID: "Every player on the roster gets a clean slate."

Which doesn't really support your problem with Joey's past, or looking elsewhere for other QB's ... I know it seems all the junior reporters here and elsewhere are Joey haters, but I'll take Cam's opinion over a bunch of fans and bloggers. The so-called cap hit is negligible - it would cost more cap $$ in signing bonus to trade him for a different guy - and ALL our current roster get first consideration for being here, knowing the system and the players.

I think unless we somehow grab Quinn - Cameron is sticking with all THREE QB's including Harrington. Unless Culpepper finally proves, once and for all, to be damaged goods in which case he'll be released. :cooldude:

I agree with you about the way that Cameron will run this team. I am very glad he is the one running the team and not Salguero, although you have to agree, if you read his column that he is always right, or very close to be right. Besides, Cameron will be working together with our Randy when it comes to rebuiding our team.
One of the best way to build a team is thru the draft and free agency. Cameron will work with the personnel he has, but I would not doubt he is open to new personnel and new possibilities.
With regard to the QBs, I doubt all three will remain. There is so much money involved in that project, and so much at play, that they need to let at least of them go and draft a QB. I can almost guarantee that will be the case. Maybe I am wrong, trust me, I am open to all possibilities that lead to a successful season.
Yet, I am also aware about Cameron's work with QBs and I truly believe he will bring in a young and talented QB, who will be groomed and coached to be our next Franchise QB.

hey dude, your defensive tackle prospects are all defensive ends....you may want to check your info on those and with teams cutting players in example NYG cutting OT Pettigout and OLB Emmons those two would jump to the top of your respective positions for free agency.
You are correct sir.. I do apologizse for the mistake.. Here are the DT porspects:

1 Alan Branch Michigan
2 Amobi Okoye Louisville
3 Quinn Pit**** OSU
4 Justin Harrell, Tennessee
5 DeMarcus Tyler, NC St.

I like Zabransky, I think he's a sleeper. Draft a playmaker first like Ginn, or that kid from GA Tech.

I like Zabransky, I think he's a sleeper. Draft a playmaker first like Ginn, or that kid from GA Tech.
I am not very acquainted with Zabransky. I have only seen a few clips. They are highlights, so I cannot base my judgement on that. However, I have heard a lot of good things. I also like Ginn, and Brown.

The dolphins have a future replacement for Thomas already...Channing Crowder came up as a MLB, and i think when Thomas retires he will move back

They're both MLBs already. One plays LILB and the other WLB/RILB.

The Miami Dolphins need upgrades in almost every other area for a feeble offense and aging defense. The following are the most important needs our team has and the players we could add to the team through free agency and the draft to solve these needs.

Here's my plan:

FREE AGENCY:

David Carr.
Clements or Samuels
Deilman or Steinback

DRAFT PICKS:

Levi Brown OT, PSU (Round 1)
Kalil C, (Round 2)
Drew Stanton QB, MSU (Round 3 if available)
Antonio Pittman RB, OSU (Round 4)
OLB (Round 5 BPA)
CB (Round 6 BPA)
Kicker (Round 7 BPA)

Here's my plan:

FREE AGENCY:

David Carr.
Clements or Samuels
Deilman or Steinback

DRAFT PICKS:

Kalil C, (Round 2)
OLB (Round 5 BPA)
CB (Round 6 BPA)
Kicker (Round 7 BPA)

took the words right out of my mouth

Here's my plan:

FREE AGENCY:

David Carr.
Clements or Samuels
Deilman or Steinback

DRAFT PICKS:

Kalil C, (Round 2)
OLB (Round 5 BPA)
CB (Round 6 BPA)
Kicker (Round 7 BPA)

I would not take Carr. He is an alright player, but I already had enough with Joey last year. The rest of the free agency looks great. The only thing I would change in the draft would be the 4th and or 6th pick. If we get a CB thru FA, I would draft a WR at 4th and take a RB at 6th.

Back
Top Bottom