Team of miami? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Team of miami?

dwadeattack

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I know there was a discussion the other night about who was the face of miami sports, but wat about who is the big team of miami. just throw out the panthers bc no one cares about hockey. baseball, although i love the marlins, just doesnt grab the city's and country's full attention. that leaves the fins and the heat. this town has been for as long as i remember, has been a football town. however, with the heat doing so well and the fins not, i am starting to feel a shift in the control of the city.

The Heat are doing well, but as someone on WQAM said that I will never forget, "In South Florida, it's the Dolphins and everyone else."

I remember driving to a Fins game one day and I saw the logo on a local McDonald's window for God's sake!

It's the Fins without question.

i think that it has always been the dolphins, but now that shaq is in the heat and that they are having an amazing year it's pretty balanced right now

finsmx said:
i think that it has always been the dolphins, but now that shaq is in the heat and that they are having an amazing year it's pretty balanced right now

No, it's really not.

Is Shaq the biggest athlete in South Florida? Sure.

Are the Heat a hair on the Fin's butts when it comes to who the fans would most want to win a championship? HELL NO.

Nublar7 said:
Dolphins are still the team of South Florida. No team even comes close to the Fins.

Not just the team of South Florida, they are the team of Florida, for that matter.

IMO the Heat And the Dolphins are equal ( At least we got something Boston fans don't have a kickass basketball team. There really hasnt been a strong marlins fan base though.

Nublar7 said:
Dolphins are still the team of South Florida. No team even comes close to the Fins.

yes, the heat do come close to the fins. im not sure if u live in south florida or not, bc if u do, i have no idea wat ur doing with ur free time. i only say that bc the heat is wats sweeping all of south florida, the state, and the country really.

PatsSuck456 said:
IMO the Heat And the Dolphins are equal ( At least we got something Boston fans don't have a kickass basketball team.

I really don't understand where you get that notion.

Yeah, the Heat are the best team in the city right now. But as far as fan base, it's not even comparable. Not even close.

dwadeattack said:
yes, the heat do come close to the fins. im not sure if u live in south florida or not, bc if u do, i have no idea wat ur doing with ur free time. i only say that bc the heat is wats sweeping all of south florida

Dude, it's called WINNING. I promise you this, if the Fins made the AFC Championship, you'd see an epidimic in South Florida for them that puts this one for the heat TO SHAME.

Look past your nose. The Heat's support is nothing compared to the Fins. I promise.

Besides, if you are so sure of your opinion, why did you post this pointed question anyway? Just to stir the pot???

i think that the Heat are more popular, but more people watch football than nba, so there are prolly more fins fans...also the Heat havent been in the NBA as long as some other NBA teams, so some of the older population in Miami, are prolly NBA fans of other basketball teams.

DolphinDevil28 said:
I really don't understand where you get that notion.

Yeah, the Heat are the best team in the city right now. But as far as fan base, it's not even comparable. Not even close.
Exactly. The Heat might be the hot thing, but as far as FAN BASE it's not close

dwadeattack said:
yes, the heat do come close to the fins. im not sure if u live in south florida or not, bc if u do, i have no idea wat ur doing with ur free time. i only say that bc the heat is wats sweeping all of south florida, the state, and the country really.
No I don't live in South Florida, but I do have a National view while you have the local view. The Heat is not what is popular, it is Shaq. You cannot deny that. If Shaq was traded tomorrow, the Heat would just disapear from the National Spotlight. The Dolphins however remain in the National spotlight even with the trouble they have had recently. Why you may ask? Reason is, the NFL puts the NBA and all other sports to shame.

Nublar7 said:
No I don't live in South Florida, but I do have a National view while you have the local view. The Heat is not what is popular, it is Shaq. You cannot deny that. If Shaq was traded tomorrow, the Heat would just disapear from the National Spotlight. The Dolphins however remain in the National spotlight even with the trouble they have had recently. Why you may ask? Reason is, the NFL puts the NBA and all other sports to shame.

i dont know wat ur viewing, but the heat (AS A TEAM) are popular and right now the team of miami. as said in another reply, yes, if the fins made the afc championship game, they would regain their OLD status as team of miami. y would u want to have a team represent ur city that frankly sucked? y should the team of miami have fans that come to the game with bags on their head, or boo their head coach, or the players or anyone they can boo at? and by the way, we werent talkin bout fanbase, we were talkin bout which team is the main team of miami. of course their are more fin fans not only here but all around the country. however, most of the fin fans have bags on their heads.

dwadeattack said:
i dont know wat ur viewing, but the heat (AS A TEAM) are popular and right now the team of miami. as said in another reply, yes, if the fins made the afc championship game, they would regain their OLD status as team of miami. y would u want to have a team represent ur city that frankly sucked? y should the team of miami have fans that come to the game with bags on their head, or boo their head coach, or the players or anyone they can boo at? and by the way, we werent talkin bout fanbase, we were talkin bout which team is the main team of miami. of course their are more fin fans not only here but all around the country. however, most of the fin fans have bags on their heads.
What I am saying is that the overall status of fans does not decrease with the Dolphins when they are bad, but if the Heat have a bad year, nobody will go to the games or care about them. There are more Dolphins fans then Heat fans.

Back
Top Bottom