Teammates want to see more physical running out of Ricky? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Teammates want to see more physical running out of Ricky?

XoPhinsoX

No More Injuries, Please ;).
Reaction score
http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/7107324.htm

Yay, what a good idea.

Let's not only give him tons of carries let's let him run into everyone again like he did in NO. Maybe the O-line should block so he has room to run? I understand what they're saying about him stutter stepping, but he did that last year and had 1800+ yards. He has the explosiveness to get up and go as good as anyone in the league, so why should he be forced to play more physical?

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with them. I think there has been times that he could have gotten about 4 yards, but he stutter stepped, and settled for two.. I don't think that line is allowing him enough time to stutter step.He should wear out the defense, and then get into that fancy stuff late in the game.

hey has been ALOT more hesititant at the point of attack this year, but you really cant blame him, ricky is so great because of he fast decision making and finding wholes, and when your line dont block and there are no holes thats why he is force to hesititate

This is flat out STUPID. I'd really like to see what player was behind these comments. If it was an offensive lineman, I'd really want to shake his hand and tell him he has balls the size of monster truck tires for that one.

How many running backs in the league are constantly going to do well with someone hitting them behind the line or at the line? I dont think Ricky at 250 pounds would be doing a much better job. He cant go intangible and magically move through the nonexistant holes.

Ricky's running style is not the problem. It's the Offensive line. If our offensive line was worth its weight in horse crap, Ricky would be well on pace for 1800 yards again.

I can';t believe they said that, maybe they should block and open up some lanes for him to run in, instead of him having to make his own all game long, that's going to wear on his body to much. Open some freakin lanes for him to run in!

I agree with this article as well

Originally posted by Disgustipate
This is flat out STUPID. I'd really like to see what player was behind these comments. If it was an offensive lineman, I'd really want to shake his hand and tell him he has balls the size of monster truck tires for that one.

How many running backs in the league are constantly going to do well with someone hitting them behind the line or at the line? I dont think Ricky at 250 pounds would be doing a much better job. He cant go intangible and magically move through the nonexistant holes.

Ricky's running style is not the problem. It's the Offensive line. If our offensive line was worth its weight in horse crap, Ricky would be well on pace for 1800 yards again.

Atleast when Ricky was attacking the defense, he would almost certainly run over the first guy or at the very least make him pay. Now he's dancing alot more and going down with the first tackler. That's not RW that's LS (Lamar Smith).

Stop dancing and start trucking, then the dancing will open up as the dline start hurting and hesitating from taking a pounding.

He should stop dancing, but he is dancing waiting for the oline to do something. All he can do is run into the backs of them.

Originally posted by XoPhinsoX
http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/7107324.htm

Yay, what a good idea.

Let's not only give him tons of carries let's let him run into everyone again like he did in NO. Maybe the O-line should block so he has room to run? I understand what they're saying about him stutter stepping, but he did that last year and had 1800+ yards. He has the explosiveness to get up and go as good as anyone in the league, so why should he be forced to play more physical?

While I appreciate your pretty picture of the dolphin babes in waiting, I have to address your incorrect analysis. First you, sarcastically, condemn the very tactic Miami pursued in the Buffalo game (perhaps you forgot the 40 carries and a cloud of dust- that rarely reached beyond 3 yards).

Also, Ricky didn't get 1800 yards by juking like Barry Sanders and jiving like John Avery. Ricky has always made it clear that he protects his body from the brunt of impact as much as he can. He is a "patient" runner, that stretches out the line and looks for cutbacks, and openings to ram through. It has been stated that his favorite play is the counter play, in which he cuts back against the over-pursuing defense- running through arm tackles and aiming for the smaller Safeties and Cornerbacks. Ricky doesn't have to be made more Physical- he is the epitome of a physical running back.

T$

please. that anyone on that team would call out Ricky like that. Maybe if Jason Taylor wants more offense, JT thinks Ricky is the one with the best chance of doing it, then he can say what he wants, man to man, to Ricky. anyone else saying anything about Ricky is an idiot.

Back
Top Bottom