teams on rise/decline | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

teams on rise/decline

GRT8

DOLPHIN FAN SINCE 1970
Reaction score
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=+1]Line of Scrimmage: 5 Teams on the Rise, 5 on the DeclineThe point is that now is not the time to grade the league's offseason winners and losers. We'll all be wearing shorts and flip-flops when we have enough of the picture to begin anointing the next NFL dynasties and assigning blame to the mismanaged and downtrodden. With that in mind, let's take a look at the most recent sonogram, with a spotlight upon those setting themselves up best for either success or failure in 2005: ON THE RISE 1. Minnesota [/size][/font]

2. Miami - The Dolphins made some subtle changes during the free agency period, as blowing up a team that has more talent than say, the Browns or the 49ers, was not necessary. Miami filled some needs, bringing in ex-Titan Kevin Carter to clog up the defensive interior, adding right tackle Stockar McDougle for veteran help on a thin offensive line, and quietly ushering in Gus Frerotte to run new offensive coordinator Scott Linehan's system. The Fins will have their choice of running backs at No. 2 in the draft and should be able to get more offensive line help with their two third-round selections (they traded their second-round selection to the Eagles for A.J. Feeley). What's more, Nick Saban excised some baggage (WR David Boston, QB Jay Fiedler, FB Rob Konrad), and put an immediate stamp on his team in the process.
3. Cincinnati
4. Arizona
5. Washington

ON THE DECLINE
1. Green Bay
2. Buffalo - Forget that late-season playoff run, the Bills have taken a step back. Either cut-rate newcomer Kelly Holcomb or the inexperienced J.P. Losman will be taking the snaps in 2005, and will be operating behind a line that just lost left tackle Jonas Jennings. On the other side of the ball, the departure of key run-stuffer Pat Williams to the Vikings will undoubtedly be felt in a big way. Don't expect the Patriots, Jets, and improving Dolphins to be very forgiving to Buffalo's plight come the fall.
3. St. Louis
4. Denver
5. Pittsburgh
ACTUALLY a good read and after reading it all he makes good points to his case on zwire

a.fullstory_linkbar { color: #006666; font-size: 10px; font-family: verdana; text-decoration: none; } a.fullstory_linkbar:hover { text-decoration: underline; }

sorry was on vacation then......still do you agree?

Whenever i read an article writing something good about us and bashing the bills,jets or pats, it always brings a smile to my face :D

PhinDude88 said:
Whenever i read an article writing something good about us and bashing the bills,jets or pats, it always brings a smile to my face :D

AMEN BROTHER!

Yes, it makes a lot of sense that the Bills are on the decline because they lost Pat Williams. It's hard to believe that just because the guy is going to be 33 years old in the 2005 season and the Bills play their DT's in waves they couldn't find a way to keep this guy in the fold until he's 40.

Oh well, I guess the Bills will have to see what Ron Edwards can do next to Pro-Bowl DT Sam Adams.

As for Losman, he was considered an UPGRADE by the Buffalo coaching staff over Bledsoe. It's all speculation what he actually will do but he won't have to do much to be an upgrade at the QB position.

The only thing he mentioned for Buffalo that I agree with is the loss of Jonas Jennings. Right now there's a big hole at LT. But there are still trade possibilities (Travis Henry for LJ Shelton, for example), the draft, and June cuts. Having one serious question mark does not a season in decline make.

Back
Top Bottom