Ted Ginn declares for draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ted Ginn declares for draft

It would ultimately depend on who was still on the board at that point, but I think I'd probably be pleased with that choice.

ginn will be nothing but a bust in the nfl as far as receiver goes. his special teams return ability will be above average to awesome, but all u will be getting with him is a return man and that is not worth the 9th pick. And I have been an ohio state fan for life so i should be bias for him. Second round yes, first round no, and since he isnt going to be there in the second round we dont need him.

Here we go again... another big-name player that we actually have little use for at the present time, but people want to draft anyway. The only way we would possibly take Ginn is if we got rid of Welker. Welker's probably going to stay, which means we won't get Ginn. Not that we need to draft yet ANOTHER receiver.

How many accounts does Dan Snyder have on this forum? Eesh.

Ginn Jr or Garrett with the Ninth

I think we should go for either Ginn Jr or Garrett with our 9th pick. Personally, I'm a USC fan, but if Ginn Jr speed is 0.15 seconds faster than Garrett I would go for Ginn Jr, because its easier to outrun a NFL defensive back than it is to beat him on routes. If Jarrett speed is really close to Ginn Jr then I'd go with Jarrett because of his size, just throw it up there and have him outleap the DB.

Also, history has shown that you can't go wrong with an Ohio State WR, even the ones who have been downgraded. Look at the contribution Holmes made for Pittsburgh with the 32th pick(?), especially at the end of the season.

I wonder who was considered the better receiver of the two, Holmes or Ginn Jr.? If Ginn Jr is considered better than Holmes then we better not hesitate to draft him.

I say we pass on Quinn. For some reason or another he doesn't make me think of him as an NFL quarterback. He reminds me more of a punter or a field goal kicker. Plus he couldn't get it done against USC and LSU defenses.

If the other teams or stupid enough to let Russell slip to us I say we draft Russell. I doubt that because he should be the top rated QB and be gone by the 4th pick at the latest.

The Dolphins need a playmaker from this draft. We lack playmakers on both sides of the ball.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would be happy with Ginn Jr., Jarret, or Willis at #9 IF we go after a tackle in round 2

I think we should go for either Ginn Jr or Garrett with our 9th pick. Personally, I'm a USC fan, but if Ginn Jr speed is 0.15 seconds faster than Garrett I would go for Ginn Jr, because its easier to outrun a NFL defensive back than it is to beat him on routes. If Jarrett speed is really close to Ginn Jr then I'd go with Jarrett because of his size, just throw it up there and have him outleap the DB.

Also, history has shown that you can't go wrong with an Ohio State WR, even the ones who have been downgraded. Look at the contribution Holmes made for Pittsburgh with the 32th pick(?), especially at the end of the season.

I wonder who was considered the better receiver of the two, Holmes or Ginn Jr.? If Ginn Jr is considered better than Holmes then we better not hesitate to draft him.

I say we pass on Quinn. For some reason or another he doesn't make me think of him as an NFL quarterback. He reminds me more of a punter or a field goal kicker. Plus he couldn't get it done against USC and LSU defenses.

If the other teams or stupid enough to let Russell slip to us I say we draft Russell. I doubt that because he should be the top rated QB and be gone by the 4th pick at the latest.

The Dolphins need a playmaker from this draft. We lack playmakers on both sides of the ball.

There was never any debate to this...Holmes by a landslide. The only thing Ginn, Jr has/had on Holmes is speed. Ginn, Jr has only been playing WR for 3 years so he's extremely raw.

Holmes was definatly better, he just had the misfortune of being in a very weak WR draft, and the fact that most teams did not have a dire need for WRs. The earliest Ginn would've gone was Philly, or to us.

This year with Detroit,Minny,KC,Tampa Bay,Oakland,New England,San Diego, Baltimore,Tennessee, and to a lesser extent us, Ginn will have a better shot of going round 1.

But there is no way he goes top 10. CJ is the only top 10 lock and WR, and DJ is a close 2nd. Hell IMO, Ginn is only the 5th best WR in this class. He's not better than CJ,DJ, or Rice. And it's arguable wherther or not he's better than Mechum

WE NEED AN EXPLOSIVE PLAYER!!! if you cant see that by now that thats certainly a key thing we are lacking on offense and most overall on our team then you havnt been paying much attention....hes more than worth the look with the 9th pick and i would certainly be glad to be seeing him in a dolphins uniform this season

Hell IMO, Ginn is only the 5th best WR in this class. He's not better than CJ,DJ, or Rice. And it's arguable wherther or not he's better than Mechum

Depending on his ankle and how he works out (if he can) I say Ginn, Jr is 2nd best WR right now in the draft.

Add in his PR and KR benefits and I dont see how DJ would be ranked in front of Ginn, Jr.

Back
Top Bottom