Ted Ginn Jr..? Our dangerous pick? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ted Ginn Jr..? Our dangerous pick?

SR 7 posted this also. I thinks its interesting, but I don't agree

When I think about how a player would fit in to the existing offense (or defense), I can see how Ginn Jr. would make a tremendous impact from day 1, even if he doesn't produce right away. In fact, I believe he would make more of an impact for the Dolphins, right away, than any other player (although I still favor drafting Quinn if he is there).

His speed alone demands respect. That means safeties can't inch up and cheat against the run. The have to be conscious of Ginn Jr. flying up the sideline. That should open up the running game a little more, which is our strength at the moment. Ronnie Brown is our best offensive player, and drafting a burner on the outside would help him in many ways.

Drafting Ginn would probably moves Chambers to the slot, where he is more productive anyway. Now you got an all-purpose back, a deep threat, a few possession receivers, and Chambers free to find the seams.

The net result. The offense clicks better, stays on the field, and keeps the defense well-rested. The whole team improves.

And this is all without resorting to a discussion of how many times he catches the ball, or his contribution to special teams. His mere presence would make us better.

I actually think that he is RIGHT, fear sometimes can be a powerful weapon(I mean in sports not in goverments) and GINN is all that, Once he's fully polished by our WR coaches the threat will be greater.:evil:

If this were to happen I hope all the other players stay away from him when he scores. :D

Considering he was off on Okoyes weight by almost thirty pounds, I wouldn't consider him the most credible source for draft info.

When I think about how a player would fit in to the existing offense (or defense), I can see how Ginn Jr. would make a tremendous impact from day 1, even if he doesn't produce right away. In fact, I believe he would make more of an impact for the Dolphins, right away, than any other player (although I still favor drafting Quinn if he is there).

His speed alone demands respect. That means safeties can't inch up and cheat against the run. The have to be conscious of Ginn Jr. flying up the sideline. That should open up the running game a little more, which is our strength at the moment. Ronnie Brown is our best offensive player, and drafting a burner on the outside would help him in many ways.

Drafting Ginn would probably moves Chambers to the slot, where he is more productive anyway. Now you got an all-purpose back, a deep threat, a few possession receivers, and Chambers free to find the seams.

The net result. The offense clicks better, stays on the field, and keeps the defense well-rested. The whole team improves.

And this is all without resorting to a discussion of how many times he catches the ball, or his contribution to special teams. His mere presence would make us better.

I just want to say AMEN to this:tantrum: !!!!!!!

I actually think that he is RIGHT, fear sometimes can be a powerful weapon(I mean in sports not in goverments) and GINN is all that, Once he's fully polished by our WR coaches the threat will be greater.:evil:

i agree... i luv ginn and i was on the bandwagon for drafting him but then i took it off. if jarrett was there i wood take him but if he isnt , ginn is the mann

Just wanted to pass along an article from today's Miami Herald to those who may not have seen it. Im glad this guy isn't making our pick for us!

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/1 6657502.htmhttp://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports /sfl-dolcoach020807,0,4037870.story?coll=sfla-sports-front

Actually, this is one of the few reports I agree with. I may not with his next story but that's beside the point. I don't agree with the BPA strategy either except later on in the draft perhaps. But, considering the cost to move up and such, I figure we stay put. If so and considering who is most likely to be available, IMO, our biggest need is LT and WR. after that, the DL/LB. With that said, then i would take Levi Brown first. IMO, 13th in rushing ain't quite good enough. What that tells me is that being in the midle of the road, we run well against lower tiered teams which we may beat anyway and probably not so good against better teams in which you need all the help you can get. Anyway, the line is what needs to get solid first. Without that, all the peytons, Harrisons and LTs will not be at their best potential. if brown is gone, then by all means, i would be happy with Ginn.

Excellent points about Ginn. i think it was CK that pointed these things out a few weeks back. We had forgotten about CC being much better in the slot which was his natural position. While not a true burner, CC is not a slouch either and with Ginn on the outside drawing, IMO, dbl coverage alot just with hopes of slowing him down, then that can only help CC and book on the other side as well. BUT that scenario can work much better with a solid OL tho.

Excellent points about Ginn. i think it was CK that pointed these things out a few weeks back. We had forgotten about CC being much better in the slot which was his natural position. While not a true burner, CC is not a slouch either and with Ginn on the outside drawing, IMO, dbl coverage alot just with hopes of slowing him down, then that can only help CC and book on the other side as well. BUT that scenario can work much better with a solid OL tho.

I absolutely agree with you. I think if we can sign Dielman and draft a couple lineman, then we'll both be happy. At the moment, I think a guy like Ginn is better and more valuable than Levi Brown, but I reserve the right to change my hundred a hundred times between now and April :wink:

I wouldn't be suprised if Phins goes WR or QB, it seems that most team try to build there offense with a "big three", we already have a RB so if you have Quinn/Russell available take him, if not go Ginn/Jarret.
I must admit that the fact that Ginn jr. is the son of coach and have a lot of atheletic abilities is very enticing.

I prefer Meachem, I think he's more of a total package. Not at 9 of course but if we were to take a WR he's the #2 guy to CJ IMO.

i agree... i luv ginn and i was on the bandwagon for drafting him but then i took it off. if jarrett was there i wood take him but if he isnt , ginn is the mann

Jarrett will be there at #9, unless he scores a 25+ on the wonderilic, and runs a 4.3 40 at the combine. Both of which are likely not to happen. Not even close.

Back
Top Bottom