Teddy Bridgewater Discussion (resignining With The Saints) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Teddy Bridgewater Discussion (resignining With The Saints)

Writing on the wall - he will wait for Drew and not compete against a Rookie this or next year -

He knows what everyone knows we are tanking - and we let our RT leave who is protecting the most valuable asset??

I realize he's a hometown favorite to some, but this is not the Teddy from years ago. There's a big reason MN moved on from him after he got hurt. While it's great he overcame the severity of the injury, but he will never be the same and will likely never play a whole season for a team. While he may or may not think he's going to take over for the Saints after Brees, the simple fact is he'll never be more than a temporary backup/fill in when needed. While I'm not thrilled at the prospect of Taylor either, TB would have been an overpaid disaster.

I didn't want to invest in any vet QB, but even with his injury history - if you have to invest in a QB Bridgewater made a hell of a lot more sense than Taylor

Armando said we weren't in on Bridgewater.

I bet we offered a deal with little guaranteed money passed this year. Very team friendly just to kick the tires.

That sounds about right... they appear to be only seeking a bridge QB for whoever they draft this year or next.

So he balked at a possible starting gig with more money? What am I missing here?

I don't know if we know that is what was actually offered here, we'll not know until the details of what we put to him are ever released. I find it hard to imagine any QB would give up a starting chance for a clipboard holder job with no assurances that the starting job was going to fall to him anytime soon. Brees shows zero signs of slowing down tbh. That's why I think we probably gave him no assurances about starting which is worrying or positive. Worrying because it may mean we offered him the job to compete with Tannehill, or positive in that we may have offered him the role to compete with a top draft pick.

Good news. Maybe bad luck will actually turn into good luck and we go into the season with Falk and Fales as our QBs. If that happens, we’ll have a lot of Miami fans buying Tua jerseys next year.

Well I don't blame Bridgewater for not coming here, this team and our management is a mess and has been for the last decade and half.

I personally don't blame the guy, he wants to be a starter some day.

Back
Top Bottom