Teddy Bridgewater Discussion (resignining With The Saints) | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Teddy Bridgewater Discussion (resignining With The Saints)

So he balked at a possible starting gig with more money? What am I missing here?
Well we don't really know the details, but I think @FinPhan54 is probably right that we made him an offer that looked like a 1-year stopgap QB. Remember, Bridgewater was a good pocket passer QB coming out of Louisville, and in the right situation, he could become a decent QB still, despite all the missed time from injuries. Sean Payton took Drew Brees to another level, and Brees is at the end of his career. Bridgewater is wise to keep learning from Payton/Brees and is situated to get a shot to replace Brees. With Payton orchestrating a system for him, Bridgewater stands a reasonable chance of flourishing.

Sure, if he believes a team is willing to invest in him long-term to be their next starting QB, he probably leaves. But if he's just being lured away with money to be a one-year stopgap without any faith from the coaching staff that he is the answer, I completely understand how he would stay where he is. Sean Payton is a truly amazing offensive coach, and for a prospect with the injury history Bridgewater has, he needs to find someone who believes in him and can get him to becoming a solid starting NFL QB. Sean Payton is probably his best bet, and he already believes in Bridgewater.

Well we don't really know the details, but I think @FinPhan54 is probably right that we made him an offer that looked like a 1-year stopgap QB. Remember, Bridgewater was a good pocket passer QB coming out of Louisville, and in the right situation, he could become a decent QB still, despite all the missed time from injuries. Sean Payton took Drew Brees to another level, and Brees is at the end of his career. Bridgewater is wise to keep learning from Payton/Brees and is situated to get a shot to replace Brees. With Payton orchestrating a system for him, Bridgewater stands a reasonable chance of flourishing.

Sure, if he believes a team is willing to invest in him long-term to be their next starting QB, he probably leaves. But if he's just being lured away with money to be a one-year stopgap without any faith from the coaching staff that he is the answer, I completely understand how he would stay where he is. Sean Payton is a truly amazing offensive coach, and for a prospect with the injury history Bridgewater has, he needs to find someone who believes in him and can get him to becoming a solid starting NFL QB. Sean Payton is probably his best bet, and he already believes in Bridgewater.

Pretty freaking depressing for Dolphin fans that hometown QBs will take less money to sit on the bench somewhere else.

Pretty freaking depressing for Dolphin fans that hometown QBs will take less money to sit on the bench somewhere else.
Yeah, it is depressing.

But I can't begrudge him making the best decision for his future. A pro career is fleeting, and if he can forego one disasterous tanking season in front of a home-town crowd, and a little money in the short term, then he stands to have a lot of successful years as a starter and make a lot more money in the long term. If the Dolphins were investing in him long term, I doubt he would have said no. I suspect he understood that he was being asked to be a sacrificial lamb type stopgap QB.

Yeah, it is depressing.

But I can't begrudge him making the best decision for his future. A pro career is fleeting, and if he can forego one disasterous tanking season in front of a home-town crowd, and a little money in the short term, then he stands to have a lot of successful years as a starter and make a lot more money in the long term. If the Dolphins were investing in him long term, I doubt he would have said no. I suspect he understood that he was being asked to be a sacrificial lamb type stopgap QB.

If that's how it played out, he made the best decision for himself. I need to constantly remind myself that NFL players most likely view Miami as a place for QBs to die.

Bridgwater is the same as tanny. They both will get you 8 wins. What is the point of going after him? They still don't know what they are doing. Either roll with tanny and draft a qb this year and next year if they want to be somewhat competitive, or just draft a qb this year and let him compete with faulk. Then most likely they will be in postition next year to get what they really want.

Doesn't sound like tank does it? At least it doesn't sound like a goal of 3 wins or less

He would've been a starter here before he's one in NO ... why I asked.
True, but he also knows that he would be nothing more than a stopgap for a year possibly two, he wants the best chance to be a starter long term......not going to happen in Miami.

True, but he also knows that he would be nothing more than a stopgap for a year possibly two, he wants the best chance to be a starter long term......not going to happen in Miami.

Miami hasn't had a QB worth a damn since Marino. If he has a good season on a less than talented team, why wouldn't he get a chance? He's only 26 with massive upside.

If what Digital said is true, and the fins told him he'd be nothing more than a bridge QB, then it all unfolded exactly as it should.

hes going to turn down the Ds to be a backup in NO for less money LOL
right, i call BS on this report. made up.
probable source for this report: TB himself touting himself to the Saints.

Miami hasn't had a QB worth a damn since Marino. If he has a good season on a less than talented team, why wouldn't he get a chance? He's only 26 with massive upside.

If what Digital said is true, and the fins told him he'd be nothing more than a bridge QB, then it all unfolded exactly as it should.
I look at it this way, the chances of him having a good season with this group is remote. Teddy could do more damage to his name playing on this team for a year.....IMO, he is thinking long term and Miami ain't it.

Back
Top Bottom