Tell me about your run D. Are you ready for Ahman Green? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tell me about your run D. Are you ready for Ahman Green?

Longlive Pack

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I have one word for you. Big Gilbert Brown. Thats little more then one word but He will eat Ricky alive!

Ummmm.....yeah.:rolleyes:

Have you looked at how many yards you guys are giving up on the ground per game?

Hello? Longlive Pack?.......this is Clue calling.....

.......75% of the teams in the NFL play the run better than your defense.

Our run D is the only run D to hold Priest Holmes under 100 yrds........ thats a clue........ oh, yeah, and our secondary has Madison, Surtain, Marion, and Freeman........

And Ricky could get whatever he wants on anybody so please do not underestimate him......

I like how most fans feel it's "their entire D against Ricky" or "Gilbert Brown vs Ricky". Do they forget that there's an offensive line that's involved?? And that offensive line might just play a role in this game??

Hell I could run for 132 yards if I was given the ball as many times as Buffalo was!!

Our run Defense is solid. We don't give up many scores. The real test is going to be your banged up D versus our banged up O. If Miami gets a lead and can pound Ricky, Farve may see the ball very little.

If Lucas turns it over a couple of times, we lose. If either special teams breaks one or comes up with a turnover, it could mean the game. This will be a very, very tight game.

PS
Travis Henry TDs? 0

PSS
We kept Bledsoe to his lowest performance. Take away his big play where we blew a coverage and his number were pathetic.
Farve is facing the best pass D in the NFL.

The key is Ray Lucas. He has to play some semblance of QB this week, or any week, for us to have a chance. All the defense in the world won't matter if he can't contribute.

Originally posted by Muck
The key is Ray Lucas. He has to play some semblance of QB this week, or any week, for us to have a chance. All the defense in the world won't matter if he can't contribute.

Well put Muck. Our offense will only be as good as our QB. Lucas has to play well.

"Farve is facing the best pass D in the NFL."

Actually, according to the stats, they're the 21st best pass D in the league, giving up 231.9 passing yards per game. They have the 6th best rushing D, giving up only 93.4 rushing yards per game.

Originally posted by Dol_Fan5434
Our run D is the only run D to hold Priest Holmes under 100 yrds........ thats a clue........ oh, yeah, and our secondary has Madison, Surtain, Marion, and Freeman........

And Ricky could get whatever he wants on anybody so please do not underestimate him......

I think the big question here is whether or not the offense can hold onto the ball and have enough effective drives to keep Favre and co. off the field. That will be the key for us. Our D is strong but they'll be broken by the Pack's talented offense if we lose the time of possesion battle. If we can win time of possesion we'll have a good chance to win. The Pack will stop Ricky with an overloaded line until Ray shows he can throw a football to the right colored jersey!

If we come out and pass all the way down the field first possession and score at least 3 the running lanes for Ricky will open. If not 5-3. JMO

Originally posted by Favre4MVP
"Farve is facing the best pass D in the NFL."

Actually, according to the stats, they're the 21st best pass D in the league, giving up 231.9 passing yards per game. They have the 6th best rushing D, giving up only 93.4 rushing yards per game.

Your right Favre, our pass D is known for having lapses and giving up big plays at times. Favre could have a big day. I of course hope not. If we can get pressure on him without letting him get out of the pocket we'll be in business. Easier said than done but our D is capable.

Originally posted by Longlive Pack
I have one word for you. Big Gilbert Brown. Thats little more then one word but He will eat Ricky alive!

Judging by the size of Gilbert Brown, it probably wouldn't be the first time he has eaten a running back :lol:

Ahman will put at least two balls on the ground Monday night. That is what cost you to lose to New Orleans and that will cause you to lose to the Dolphins..........

Green has only fumbled once since week 2. Last year he fumbled early in the season too, and then got it under control. I don't see it being an issue.

Originally posted by Favre4MVP
Green has only fumbled once since week 2. Last year he fumbled early in the season too, and then got it under control. I don't see it being an issue.
I would not be worried either if I were you, I w/b more concerned about protecting Favre and his bad knee and whether constant pressure on him will cause INTs

What are we really arguing about here? These are two very solid teams going head to head in a classic Monday night battle. The Pack has a banged up defense that may be suspect to some big plays, while Miami's offense under Lucas, is yet unproven.

If Favre plays, then there are very few weaknesses in the Pack's offense, while if the 'Fins defense plays the way they usually do on national television, they will be virtually flawless.

The key here is turnovers; whoever wins that battle wins this game. So here's a little note to Ray Lucas: Don't throw four INT's on Monday, got it?

Back
Top Bottom