Tell me what it was like- 1972/73 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tell me what it was like- 1972/73

It was glorious with parades in downtown Miami with thousands of on lookers

After being in 3 in a row we thought it would never end then Csonka , Kiick and Warfield left for the other league and that was the end of it
While going to three straight Super Bowls and winning 2 in a row was the highlight of my youth in regards to the Dolphins. Losing in the“ Sea of hands” game in the playoffs in 1974 was the most heartbreaking loss ever for me.

That was the last game the Dolphins played with Csonka, Kiick, and Warfield together and the end of what looked like a possible third SB win in a row before those three left for more money.

I was born in 1974 so of course did not get to see that great team play. I like to hear stories of where you were, what it was like, what did you do/ buy in the aftermath of the Super Bowl wins.

I was 10 when they last played in the Super Bowl and I was a kid just out playing with friends when I went into a friend's house and his dad had the game on. I of course was not a big football or Dolphins fan yet, but I can remember cheering for them with his dad for a few minutes at least before rejoining my friends outside.

I hope to hear better stories than that!

I was shitting my drawers late to potty train

Sesame Street Dancing GIF

Still forget to do the deed at times

Those days were great! Sad thing is when they were that good you just expected them to keeping winning including Super Bowls. I was in high school and watched on TV. Second one was even more fun since most people up here are Vikings fans and thought they couldn’t be beat. It was 24-0 before they scored late. Thorough domination.

Those days were great! Sad thing is when they were that good you just expected them to keeping winning including Super Bowls. I was in high school and watched on TV. Second one was even more fun since most people up here are Vikings fans and thought they couldn’t be beat. It was 24-0 before they scored late. Thorough domination.
Between the great play of the Dolphins from early 1970’s through the Marino years and the Hurricane's being the dominant college football team from the early 1980’s through much of the 1990’s. There was no better place to be on football game days than in the stands watching both these teams play.

Between the great play of the Dolphins from early 1970’s through the Marino years and the Hurricane's being the dominant college football team from the early 1980’s through much of the 1990’s. There was no better place to be on football game days than in the stands watching both these teams play.

I miss those glory days

Hopefully new ones are right around the corner

The team was obviously great but for a kid being in the Orange Bowl, now that was surreal. Every game was sold out w 80,000 standing fans screaming or waving the Rick Weaver, Dolphins radio voice, inspired white hankie! Most of the time it was hard to see the field. The electricity was amazing.
Fast forward to adulthood, my wife’s first game at the OB I took her to was the 85 Bears game!
Us old timers have some really great memories that have kept us loyal all these years. Hang in there those who are younger, happy days will be here again!
My Corvette’s license tag here in Colorado is Phnsup!

Back
Top Bottom