Ten most exciting new QB-pass catcher combos for 2021..............#1 is? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ten most exciting new QB-pass catcher combos for 2021..............#1 is?

This is a legitimate reason to be excited, because Waddle is extremely explosive, with the potential to take a simple short throw and break it for big chunk yardage. Tua is accurate but really benefits from guys who can generate good separation, and that's exactly who Waddle is. Because he has true NFL speed, DB's will play off him and give him that separation from fear of being beaten deep. That allows Tua to let it rip and throw more aggressive intermediate throws. Yes, he'll have a young QB learning curve and throw INT's, but if he keeps pushing the ball downfield Waddle can make this offense explosive .... maybe as much as in the mold of a Tyreek Hill eventually. But, surely as a rookie he'll make a big impact. We've set this pairing up to succeed.

With Parker being our workhorse #1 on one side and demanding attention, and the elite speed Will Fuller on the other occupying one eye of the FS over the top, it really clears out the middle for Waddle and Gesicki. Gesicki can push the deep seam and Waddle has a huge playground in the middle from which to launch his assault on the defense. Our personnel is tailor-made to feature Waddle.

The big, long, athletic guys (Gesicki, Parker, Shaheen, Williams, Long, Hollins) can post up and mismatch near the goal line. The ultra-quick/fast guys (Waddle, Grant/Wilson, Fuller, Bowden) can shred the field between the 20's and break off big plays. Our OL has a lot of power these days, so we should be opening holes for the run game to keep defenses honest and physically punish the ones with team speed. Tua has the weapons. Grier has built an offense that has the tools to succeed. Now it's just up to the staff to coach them up, and the players to perform.

I'm cautiously optimistic.

Fins Up!

As much as I like Devante Parker, I admit I would be intrigued by the thought of trading him to the Panthers for Robbie Anderson. Parker may be the better player and is cheaper, but a trio of Waddle, Fuller and Anderson would have defenses on their heels fearing a big play on every snap.
Would take Anderson over Parker in a flat second. Jets made a mistake

Heres the thing i would like to see with the WR core. Tua/Waddle break the record a few years down the road would be awesome. If Fuller shows out this year then you can probably find a way to pay him. If Waddle becomes an alpha, then Fullers next contract with us should be running out in time to hand Waddle his money. I really think you have Mike G and Fuller sort of competing to see who gets the pay check from us.

I know everyone keeps talking about these guys opening up things for DVP, but honestly, with our POTENTIAL weapons, if they stay healthy, they are all going to be opening things up for each one of them. If Tua can anticipate what wr is getting the help on the play, it could be scary.

by midseason, we might not even have a true #1 wr you can focus on

The problem with multiple legit weapons is having one WR put up unreal numbers.

Came across this article. Gil Brandt is a well respected long time NFL scout. He took a detail look at the most exciting QB WR combo. And he ranked Tua Waddle on top.

The Tua/ Waddle combo and the potential of our offense in general is exciting! Hearing DVP talk about all the movement they are practicing is interesting and has me hoping that we are going to try and really capitalize on our offensive weopons and the mismatches they could provide. Something else I hope will happen is our offense helping our defense improve against those crossing routes we have struggled with. Lot of good things happening here!

Came across this article. Gil Brandt is a well respected long time NFL scout. He took a detail look at the most exciting QB WR combo. And he ranked Tua Waddle on top.

This was posted in the OP by me......what started this thread.

Back
Top Bottom