Ten most exciting new QB-pass catcher combos for 2021..............#1 is? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ten most exciting new QB-pass catcher combos for 2021..............#1 is?

andyahs

Bahamian Redneck
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Rank

Miami Dolphins
Tua Tagovailoa and Jaylen Waddle
Tua Tagovailoa is feeling healthier and more comfortable than he did in 2020, meaning he won't have many excuses to not take a major step forward in 2021. The addition of a familiar face from Tagovailoa's days running Alabama's offense should make the QB even comfier. Jaylen Waddle never led the Crimson Tide in receptions or yards in any of his three years there, but he packed a lot of punch into his touches, racking up 18.1 yards per catch during the seasons he spent with Tagovailoa as the starter (2018 and '19) and finishing 2020 with an outstanding 21.2 yards per reception. I think Waddle might be the Class of 2021's best overall receiver, and I expect him to provide a game-breaking element that the Dolphins' offense in general -- and Tagovailoa specifically -- sorely missed last season.

As much as I like Devante Parker, I admit I would be intrigued by the thought of trading him to the Panthers for Robbie Anderson. Parker may be the better player and is cheaper, but a trio of Waddle, Fuller and Anderson would have defenses on their heels fearing a big play on every snap.

I hope Gil is right. I probably would've said #2. Y'all see he's got Ryan/Pitts at, #6?
That's what I was thinking... how you gonna put Wilson and Coleman before Ryan and Pitts? Yeah, my hate for the Jets blinds everything... and I know it's just his opinion but really?

Heres the thing i would like to see with the WR core. Tua/Waddle break the record a few years down the road would be awesome. If Fuller shows out this year then you can probably find a way to pay him. If Waddle becomes an alpha, then Fullers next contract with us should be running out in time to hand Waddle his money. I really think you have Mike G and Fuller sort of competing to see who gets the pay check from us.

I know everyone keeps talking about these guys opening up things for DVP, but honestly, with our POTENTIAL weapons, if they stay healthy, they are all going to be opening things up for each one of them. If Tua can anticipate what wr is getting the help on the play, it could be scary.

by midseason, we might not even have a true #1 wr you can focus on

Back
Top Bottom