Ten things that could prevent the Dolphins from making playoffs in 2021 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ten things that could prevent the Dolphins from making playoffs in 2021

Agreed. The bills have always been the thorn in our side. Once weve built a team good enough to beat them, then we can talk playoffs

Fuk the Bills

5d6hvi.gif

I don't know if this team did enough to even the playing field with the Bills. They will win the division again this year.

The only difference between Kelly and the rest of us who give our opinions is he somehow gets paid by the Sun Sentinel to give his uninformed opinions.While the rest of us know that we really have no idea what the Dolphins will do next year but we aren’t being paid to be clueless.
Omar obviously is out of the loop with the Dolphins and he isn’t able to get any information before it is actually released by the organization. That is why he had no idea the Dolphins were even close to signing Baker to a new contract.

My biggest worry is the co-offensive coordinator
Been saying this and saying this.

We do not have a sound Offensive mind on staff.

I like Godsey and Studs as position coaches not calling plays.

Who the hell is calling our games?

I trust Flo to help game plan in a big way.

But who the hell is going to call the plays on O?

I didn't obviously read an Omar article

I suspect they were these

!. Miami gets Watson for Howard, 8 firsts, Tua, Waddle, and 5 more starters and we somehow don't make it when Watson gets arrested
2. We trade for Rodgers and see one except he retires
3. Joe Namath comes back to lead the Jets to a division title
4. The Dolphins agree to play all their home games in London, Madrid, Tokyo, Boston, Mexico City, Havana, Jerusalem and Fort St. John (woohoo I'll be there) and get little to no home support. Oh wait, would that matter
5. Hurricane season is a really bad one in South Florida
6. Don't say, don't think it , dammit...Tua's Hip
7. Flores quits just before the season begins and we get another Saban like season
8. Greg Camarillo drops that pass
9. Belicheck re-acquires Brady
10. Cause Omar said so!
And what would be the top 10 reasons not from a sarcastic child that were commenting about an article they bragged about not reading?

Omar can stick his 10 things, there is just one thing. If Tua plays up to his ability this year we will be playing in the playoffs and I'm not talking about a Wildcard round once and done. We added the right pieces in the draft and off season and Tua has been putting the work in so we will go as far as Tua can take us this year....

I only made it through the first 5 and none of those were anything that required special thought. They made little sense.
How does gisecki and Baker being in the last year of their contract have anything to do with our playoff ability this year?

I didn't read any of it, not a fan of Omar or Armando they have similar opinions nothing rooted in fact or journalism though Armando's gets his gossip right about a third of the time. I guess since Baker has signed a contract extension there's only 9 1/2 things that will prevent us from getting to the playoffs. I think youth and inexperience will be a factor in a couple of games, not sure if that was listed.

The greatest obstacle is the simple reality that a team rising from 5 wins to 10 wins more often than not will regress the following season. I fail to see how that isn't obvious. We'll have to be considerably better than last season to remain where we were. A team with a -.7 YPPA Differential would normally win 6 or 7 games, not 10. Tua needs to get that number into positive range, with help from the pass defense surrendering fewer dagger plays.

The good news is the conference figures to regress as a whole. There should be familiar separation at the top but fewer teams winning 2/3 of their games. 10-7 might have an excellent chance even though 10-6 failed.

The greatest obstacle is the simple reality that a team rising from 5 wins to 10 wins more often than not will regress the following season. I fail to see how that isn't obvious. We'll have to be considerably better than last season to remain where we were. A team with a -.7 YPPA Differential would normally win 6 or 7 games, not 10. Tua needs to get that number into positive range, with help from the pass defense surrendering fewer dagger plays.

The good news is the conference figures to regress as a whole. There should be familiar separation at the top but fewer teams winning 2/3 of their games. 10-7 might have an excellent chance even though 10-6 failed.

Regression to the .Ean is difficult to predict when the 'means is unknown

Back
Top Bottom