TEN Threads crying about losing a CB... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

TEN Threads crying about losing a CB...

dolphingator

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I cannot believe the mentality of this fan base. This whole fantasy of "defense first" has GOT to GO before we can even think about being over .500, much less be contenders. You win with IMPACT TALENT on offense, with PLAYMAKERS. You have to possess the ball, score points, and control the tempo of the game with your OFFENSE.

We are not on prime-time next year NOT because we were 4-12, but because we have a punchless popgun boring offense that has no playmaking stars that anyone north of Jupiter wants to watch. We and Tampa Bay both have the same kind of team and we are the only 2 teams shut out of prime-time. Because someone had the bright idea that it's cheaper to pay defense.

Defensive players are a dime a dozen out there. Losing Will Poole is not the end of civilization as we know it, folks! There are other players out there. You don't need defensive legends-in-their-own-mind eating up CAP SPACE that is needed for playmakers.

We will never see a playoff game again until Zach Thomas, or Jason Taylor, or BOTH, are gone and we can pay for a QB and WRs.

Time to hang up on the defense, folks. If defense wins championships, where are all those rings jimmah and wannabe won? Oh, that's right, 2/3rd of the time their teams didn't even MAKE the playoffs.

dolphingator said:
I cannot believe the mentality of this fan base. This whole fantasy of "defense first" has GOT to GO before we can even think about being over .500, much less be contenders. You win with IMPACT TALENT on offense, with PLAYMAKERS. You have to possess the ball, score points, and control the tempo of the game with your OFFENSE.

We are not on prime-time next year NOT because we were 4-12, but because we have a punchless popgun boring offense that has no playmaking stars that anyone north of Jupiter wants to watch. We and Tampa Bay both have the same kind of team and we are the only 2 teams shut out of prime-time. Because someone had the bright idea that it's cheaper to pay defense.

Defensive players are a dime a dozen out there. Losing Will Poole is not the end of civilization as we know it, folks! There are other players out there. You don't need defensive legends-in-their-own-mind eating up CAP SPACE that is needed for playmakers.

We will never see a playoff game again until Zach Thomas, or Jason Taylor, or BOTH, are gone and we can pay for a QB and WRs.

Time to hang up on the defense, folks. If defense wins championships, where are all those rings jimmah and wannabe won? Oh, that's right, 2/3rd of the time their teams didn't even MAKE the playoffs.
Just a question. How much IMPACT TALENT on OFFENSE did Baltimore or Tampa Bay have when they won Super Bowls?

If offense wins SuperBowls Peyton Manning would have had the last 3..

yeah i can't understand why people would be upset about losing a starter for the season.

Check out our depth chart at CB now that Surtain and Poole are gone, and you understand why Dolfans are nervous and upset. Other teams' #2 and #3 receivers are going to be able to catch at will.

ether79 said:
Just a question. How much IMPACT TALENT on OFFENSE did Baltimore or Tampa Bay have when they won Super Bowls?

What a stupid question...they were loaded!

Brad Joh...err...Trent Dil...Micheal Pit....Travis Tay...

ummm....

lol defense is why pimple boy manning is still ringless, the pats defense stymied poor manning last jan and the year before that. and in sb 36 the pats defense put on a classic performance...

defense wins championships, period....

DolfanDaveInATX said:
Check out our depth chart at CB now that Surtain and Poole are gone, and you understand why Dolfans are nervous and upset. Other teams' #2 and #3 receivers are going to be able to catch at will.

Howard is a good corner. I'm looking at the depth chart and I also see Daniels who has lots of potential and already knows the system. We all assumed Poole would be the starter, he just has a lot of potential. We don't even know how bad the injury actually is.

Jimi said:
What a stupid question...they were loaded!

Brad Joh...err...Trent Dil...Micheal Pit....Travis Tay...

ummm....
Oh yeah I forgot all that pro bowl talent!:wink:

DolfanDaveInATX said:

Madison is a very good starter. Howard is a decent starter. Edwards and Daneils at 3 and 4 are adequete.

Altho im dissapointed, im not too worried. Look at the Pats CB's last year.

DolfanDaveInATX said:

the pats will have huge performances out of ben watson / david terrell because the phins will be worried about covering deion branch and givens, but people like watson and terrell will be open..... oh and daniel graham and bethel johnson, add in a little white lightning with tim dwight..... oh boy......

Jimi said:
Madison is a very good starter. Howard is a decent starter. Edwards and Daneils at 3 and 4 are adequete.

Altho im dissapointed, im not too worried. Look at the Pats CB's last year.
Yeah while I also think we'll be fine with who we have and you never know who we might pickup, a rant like the one that began this thread about not being able to win with defense is way off.

patsdynasty said:
the pats will have huge performances out of ben watson / david terrell because the phins will be worried about covering deion branch and givens, but people like watson and terrell will be open..... oh and daniel graham and bethel johnson, add in a little white lightning with tim dwight..... oh boy......

Dude, do you have ANYTHING to add to the discussions on this board beyond something that always comes down to "Pats are great"? I've yet to see it and, in my book, you're a troll.

patsdynasty said:

First of all we can have a saftey or LB on Watson so dont worry about tht.

And were supposed to be worried about Terrell whose been a hige bust, and tim dwight who hasnt been a even OK reciever in years??

EDIT: also we dont nessecarrily have to play man wit individual matchups on you...there is a defence called zone you know.

Back
Top Bottom