Tennesee...what a true playoff team... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tennesee...what a true playoff team...

NYPhinFan

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
does when they have it right in front of them...I hate Tenn...but look what they did....went on the road....against an inferior team...layed the wood to them....and showed alot of character...wish we could learn something from them....beat the teams you are supposed to beat...no excuses...no dumb stupid penalties...just get it done....they make it look so easy....why do we make it so hard on ourselves?

strangely enough though, this is one of the few teams i believe miami can beat on the road...our speed on D could contain mcnair and george would rush for no more than 50 yards

You are right that we match up well with them...the only prob is we might not ever get there...

I would pick Miami if they met Tenn in the AFC championship game. The problem is i wouldn't pick Miami to win a single game before the AFC championship game.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
I think we match up well against every other team in the playoffs.....

Which team are you reffering to? the 7-1 home version or the 2-5 road version? the person who started this thread brought up the defining point about this team the last 5 years. Stupid letdowns and losses against teams that should'nt be able to hang with them but always do when it matters most. They are beginning to seem like the Atlanta Braves of football. Best record of the 90's and 2000's but barely won 1 championship.

I just can't figure out if the problem is personnel or coaching.
There definitely is a problem though because they just can't turn the corner from good to great.

Originally posted by NYPhinFan
does when they have it right in front of them...I hate Tenn...but look what they did....went on the road....against an inferior team...layed the wood to them....and showed alot of character...wish we could learn something from them....beat the teams you are supposed to beat...no excuses...no dumb stupid penalties...just get it done....they make it look so easy....why do we make it so hard on ourselves?

Im sorry but the Jags dont have a Culpepper or Moss on their team....we have lots of problems with QBs who could run...with the exception of McNair.

Tennessee is hot right now and, therefore, will be very hard to beat in the playoffs at home. They're starting to look like the Super Bowl teams of the past couple of years: they don't do a whole lot for the first part of the season but get very hot towards the end of the year and keep rolling on through the playoffs.

I don't want the 'Fins to play on the road, things just don't go well for them in other people's stadiums. :(

That team with Moss and Culpepper had 3 wins going into that game...they had the Vikes early...couldn't step on thier throats...you win games against inferior opponents...on the road or at home...especially...ESPECIALLY when the playoffs are on the line

I did pick Tennessee to make the SB from the AFC before the season. It's sad to see I'm probably gonna be right..sigh

Looks like no SB for Miami again!

I would sure like to face the Titans in Tennessee rather than the Raiders in Oakland...

Agree totally.. I would echo what some of my fellow dolphans already posted, I really think we match up very well against tenn, however going to oakland would be really tough.

Back
Top Bottom