Tennessee Talking Trade Partners | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tennessee Talking Trade Partners

iLLuZiOnZ1313

Fireman Ed Sucks Sucks Sucks!
Reaction score
I don't have a link available...but my brother lives in Tennesee and the newspapers there have been reportedly saying the Titans are deeply searching for ways to move up in the draft.
As everyone knows....Drew Bennet and Tyrone Calico are basically the only WR's the Titans have right now.
Both Derrick Mason and Eddie Berlin left he team leaving the Titans with 3 WR'S at most.
Point of this post is that the newspaper supposedly states that the top 3 spots in the draft were being targeted for possible trade negotiations so the Titans could get a top quality WR in the 1st round.
Obviously that would be concerning the dolphins and 49ers,
Any thoughts on this? It definitely makes sense....but is it even possible for them to trade up?
The Titans have the #6 pick but I'm sure they're eyeballing WR Edwards in the draft.

iLLuZiOnZ1313 said:
I don't have a link available...but my brother lives in Tennesee and the newspapers there have been reportedly saying the Titans are deeply searching for ways to move up in the draft.
As everyone knows....Drew Bennet and Tyrone Calico are basically the only WR's the Titans have right now.
Both Derrick Mason and Eddie Berlin left he team leaving the Titans with 3 WR'S at most.
Point of this post is that the newspaper supposedly states that the top 3 spots in the draft were being targeted for possible trade negotiations so the Titans could get a top quality WR in the 1st round.
Obviously that would be concerning the dolphins and 49ers,
Any thoughts on this? It definitely makes sense....but is it even possible for them to trade up?
The Titans have the #6 pick but I'm sure they're eyeballing WR Edwards in the draft.

They want to give us there 1st and 2nd, sure!

im all for trading down now, since theres this uncertainty of what happened at the benson workout im guessing the worst, so maybe we can trade to 6 and still get him, that would be my dream situation

They can get one of the top 2 WR's with the #6 pick. I don't think both will be gone by then.

NYinBostonFin said:
They can get one of the top 2 WR's with the #6 pick. I don't think both will be gone by then.
Exactly.

For them to move up, it would cost them picks. After they let half their roster walk/get cut I doubt they trade any picks.

Doesn't make too much sense to me as they released so many players this offseason and are rebuilding. You would think they would try to trade down to plug holes or at least go best player available..

They are like 20 mill (exagg) over the cap why would they want to draft one player that would cost more?

feelthepain said:
They are like 20 mill (exagg) over the cap why would they want to draft one player that would cost more?

If that was the case and their decision making reason....then why draft anybody at all?

NJFINSFAN1 said:
They want to give us there 1st and 2nd, sure!

Hell yeah, i agree! With the number 6 pick we can get Benson or Mike Williams, they might still be there. We get a 2nd rounder so that we can get David Baas.

Hey im curious, if we get David Baas....do any of u think 5-10 years from now Miami might have one of the best O-lines, with Vernon Carey, Rex Hadnot, and David Baas? Now what would be even better is if we found a way to draft BOTH David Baas and Ben Wilkerson. 4 of the best O-lineman in college football recently, in 5 years from now we have:

Vernon Carey
David Baas
Ben Wilkerson
Rex Hadnot
Stockar McDougle

In 5 years from now, they should be top notch, along with Houck's help!

If the Titans want a WR, they can sit right there at 6 and take one. Either Edwards or Williams is likely to be there. In any event, CB is a much bigger need. Calico has some real talent and can start. And obviously Bennett is good.

The Titans better find themselves a decent O-Line. Unless they want Steve to be lunchmeat..again.

Back
Top Bottom