Tennessee Talking Trade Partners | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tennessee Talking Trade Partners

I'm not too sure both WR's could be there, and If I were the titans I wouldn't rely on stone hands calico too much.

iLLuZiOnZ1313 said:
I don't have a link available...but my brother lives in Tennesee and the newspapers there have been reportedly saying the Titans are deeply searching for ways to move up in the draft.
As everyone knows....Drew Bennet and Tyrone Calico are basically the only WR's the Titans have right now.
Both Derrick Mason and Eddie Berlin left he team leaving the Titans with 3 WR'S at most.
Point of this post is that the newspaper supposedly states that the top 3 spots in the draft were being targeted for possible trade negotiations so the Titans could get a top quality WR in the 1st round.
Obviously that would be concerning the dolphins and 49ers,
Any thoughts on this? It definitely makes sense....but is it even possible for them to trade up?
The Titans have the #6 pick but I'm sure they're eyeballing WR Edwards in the draft.

This would be great for us, we get a 2nd, and still are in striking distance of one of the top 3 RBs....hope this is true

saves said:
I'm not too sure both WR's could be there, and If I were the titans I wouldn't rely on stone hands calico too much.

Sorry, I meant that one of them would likely be there, not both. Looking back, that was unclear.

It would be so sweet if we found a way to trade down and draft Alex Smith, Braylon Edwards, AND Ronnie Brown. Like if we traded Surtain to the Browns for their 3rd pick, then traded our 4th, 5th, and 7th plus next years' 2nd for the 4th overall pick. We'd be SET. .........just a random thought cuz im bored.

phunwin said:
If the Titans want a WR, they can sit right there at 6 and take one. Either Edwards or Williams is likely to be there. In any event, CB is a much bigger need. Calico has some real talent and can start. And obviously Bennett is good.
Does it ever make sense to you guys that maybe teams are wanting a specific player and not just a wr they could really want Edwards and he will be gone by 5 most likely. Think about how much the giants gave up for Eli just to get him. And what happens if Miami switches with Washington and Cleavelend switches with Minny? Than what do the titans do? Trade down and get another worse WR?

I'm all for trading down to 6th overall, the stars in the draft appear to be 2 QBs, 2 WRs, and 3 RBs, thats seven players and with 6th overall we still get a choice but save some money, get more picks, and still get a guy with loads of potential!

chub said:
I'm all for trading down to 6th overall, the stars in the draft appear to be 2 QBs, 2 WRs, and 3 RBs, thats seven players and with 6th overall we still get a choice but save some money, get more picks, and still get a guy with loads of potential!
Dont forget DJ or Antrel Rolle

I think I heard Fisher say at the combine on NFL Network that they were looking defense almost strictly. He said Chow was trying to convince him otherwise but that their needs were on the defensive side of the ball. I doubt they really would want to move up if this is accurate. They can probably pick between Johnson, Jones, James, and others at the six spot.

ItalianDolFan said:
It would be so sweet if we found a way to trade down and draft Alex Smith, Braylon Edwards, AND Ronnie Brown. Like if we traded Surtain to the Browns for their 3rd pick, then traded our 4th, 5th, and 7th plus next years' 2nd for the 4th overall pick. We'd be SET. .........just a random thought cuz im bored.

I really hope this is a joke....... please please please tell me it is!

The TN Titians will never trade up............we are looking to trade down not up..........and WR is not the pick for us at 6..........most likely if we stay it will be a CB followed by a RB like Benson if he falls then OT like Barron then MW if all else fails.........this draft is real deep at WR and CB............we have 5 first day picks so we dont have the fins problem of no two.........we will never trade up............Reese has said it several times already that if the value is not there he will trade down...........just like last yr.............

why does everybody mention Alex Barron?? WE DONT NEED AN OT. We have Stockar McDougle, and we made a mistake by promising McIntosh we wont pursure an LT. We need someone like David Baas who can compete for Center AND Guard. If we are going to get anybody in this draft, i want David Baas the most. We arent desperate for a receiver, QB, or RB. Its our interior offensive lineman we NEED. I dont even think Hudson Houck can make Seth McKinney any better. Sure he can teach him different techniques, but his strength and power wont change with coaching (unless he uses the gym more). IF I were coach, which i know u all would hate....i wouldnt have promised McIntosh anything. I would draft David Baas with our 2nd pick, trade down and get Alex Barron next, and trade down again and get Ben Wilkerson.

LT: Alex Barron
LG: Veron Carey
C: Ben Wilkerson
RG: David Baas
RT: Stockar McDougle

In 5 years from now we will have the best offensive line.

Of course that wont happen though:cry:

Rebuilding teams usually dont trade up.They have many needs to fill.

I think Jeff Fisher would kiss a woodpecker's lipsbefore he did this trade. The titans could get a pretty decent slot receiver with one of their 8 later picks. The titans need a right tackle somewhere in the draft. They CANNOT allow themselves not to draft a CB. Woolfolk covering Marvin Harrison?? Waddel on Wayne?? Beckham on Stockley?? Have any of you ever heard of any of these guys? the titans have a decent but old line in hopkins 33 Pillar Hartwig Olsin and Jacob bell( Jacob bell was a rookie last year and start 14 games, Pillar and Olsin are almost 30 and Hartiwg is pretty good and young) I would not be shock me at all if Tn uses 6 picks on Defense. if they dont draft a CB im going to **** a hippo.

Back
Top Bottom