Te'o this year, Clowney next year??? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Te'o this year, Clowney next year???

I would not cut Dansby if we drafted Te'o. I would move him to OLB! He is a pretty good pass rusher
Thing is Coyle hasn't really used our LBs to blitz or rush the passer. They drop back in coverage on passing downs more often than not. Why do you think our Safeties haven't been targeted much in the passing game? A pass rushing LB is probably not a target for this defense. Coyle prefers the front 4 get pressure so a pass rushing DE or DT is more likely. Te'o did show this year that he's pretty good in coverage though but I doubt we would take him even if he did drop to us.

Thing is Coyle hasn't really used our LBs to blitz or rush the passer. They drop back in coverage on passing downs more often than not. Why do you think our Safeties haven't been targeted much in the passing game? A pass rushing LB is probably not a target for this defense. Coyle prefers the front 4 get pressure so a pass rushing DE or DT is more likely. Te'o did show this year that he's pretty good in coverage though but I doubt we would take him even if he did drop to us.

if a pass rushing dt is on the menu arizona states will sutton fits the cinci mold...kind of undersized like geno atkins...

Te'o coverage skills are suspect and with today offense you need a LB that can stay on the field for 3 downs..if not teams would just spread you out. That's one of the reasons Ray Lewis drop the weight, so he would be. Able to stay on the field for 3 downs. If you saw him last year in the playoffs against NE, Welker was giving him fits.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk

Te'o coverage skills are suspect and with today offense you need a LB that can stay on the field for 3 downs..if not teams would just spread you out. That's one of the reasons Ray Lewis drop the weight, so he would be. Able to stay on the field for 3 downs. If you saw him last year in the playoffs against NE, Welker was giving him fits.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk

Te'o is actually real good in coverage. He is tight hipped but it doesn't show up in pass coverage! He is excellent and covering back out of the backfield and tight ends down the seam. He also has a nose for the football and can create turnovers which is a need for our defense.

Back
Top Bottom