Te'o this year, Clowney next year??? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Te'o this year, Clowney next year???

Fin_Frenzy_84

Starter
Reaction score
What do you guys think of drafting Te'o this year and do not draft a pass rusher this year. Then in the next draft go get Jadeveon Clowney even if it means trade up.

IMO it would be like having Zach Thomas and Jason Taylor all over again!

This guy is the next Ray Lewis/Pat Willis - if he is in range we'd be dumb not to trade up - he would put some fire in our D and make it elite

This guy is the next Ray Lewis/Pat Willis - if he is in range we'd be dumb not to trade up - he would put some fire in our D and make it elite

Agree and we have the ammo to trade up!

No possible way Clowney goes lower than #3 next year.

It would take a huge amount to get up to one of those spots.

Dude, Clowney is the #1 pick next year book it. No doubt in my mind.

I could see Te'o falling into the #9 or #10 range but not much further if any. The Dolphins are currently at #13.

I already know we wont be around when clowney is selected but I would trade up for him. I would give up alot for him! The kid is a BEAST!

I already know we wont be around when clowney is selected but I would trade up for him. I would give up alot for him! The kid is a BEAST!

Your talking a RGIII type trade. We will proably end up with a mid to late round pick next year (hoping for playoffs), probably require three first rounders to move up for Clowney.

teo's not gonna be a dolphin...miami has bigger needs than mike backer right now and ones that can validate that top pick more than a luxury mike backer with dansby signed for the next 3 years...plus you cut dansby for a move like this at this point of his contract you are gonna eat a ton of cap money

teo's not gonna be a dolphin...miami has bigger needs than mike backer right now and ones that can validate that top pick more than a luxury mike backer with dansby signed for the next 3 years...plus you cut dansby for a move like this at this point of his contract you are gonna eat a ton of cap money

I would not cut Dansby if we drafted Te'o. I would move him to OLB! He is a pretty good pass rusher

the starting lb core is not the problem with this defense...the lack of depth at lb is a problem...the jags made it their business to run right at trusnick sunday and in the first half he was awful defending it...even blew a tackle a yard in the backfiel on a 4th down short yardage play where he should have stopped it for no gain...he did finally make a tackle on 4th down though and short in the secon half though...

so it wasn't a total disaster i guess...

While Te'o is good, you do realize there are other good players in the draft. This draft is not about one player.

Back
Top Bottom