Terrance Wilkins In Tommorrow... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Terrance Wilkins In Tommorrow...

Originally posted by Fiedler for MVP
can someone tell me why ogden was returning punts instead of marion in the first place? i know he had a decent 2000 season, but he's a fumbler
marion never returned punts - he returned Kicks; and basically, because we had no one else to do it who not hurt (Ward, OJ) or cut (Ben Kelly)

Maybe CC Sr. will give in and play for the league minimum. It doesn't look like any other team is even considering him besides us.

CC Sr. at a league minimum would make sense. We would then have five very good WRs. Remember last year near the end when almost everyone at WR was injured? That wasn't fun. Dedric Ward would be our main guy to do PRs.

Upgrading the team at any position is always a good idea. If we can add a guy like Carter, it would be a good upgrade for, say, James Mcknight.

Start Chambers, and Carter, and then move Gadsden to the slot, and Mcknight to the 4 WR sets on the outside. That way you have Carter and Gadsden in the slot with the two burners in McKnight and Chambers outside. Then you STILL have Williams in the backfield for the draw.

Almost makes you drool huh?

No, I think this has to mean that we are looking to cut McKnight. Gadsden and CC would beat all of these guys out probably at the starting two WR spots. We aren't trying to sign a 4th receiver because Ward is solid and we don't need a 5th receiver. I think they are looking to cut somebody and my guess is that it's McKnight since Ward just got an extension.

I would still have CC play as the 3rd receiver. Or at least play him in the slot on 3 receivers sets. CC is fast enough to get open on a dime or nickel back and is skilled enough to make the catch. Also, Ward should be our 3rd receiver right now. Everytime that guy is in the game, he's wide open. I don't know how exactly but he is wide open everytime I turn around. He works the middle of the field better than most #1 receivers in the NFL and I believe he is way under-rated. McKnight pissed me off way too many times last season for a WR.

Originally posted by breckenridge55

I would still have CC play as the 3rd receiver. Or at least play him in the slot on 3 receivers sets. .

If Chambers continues to play the way he ended the season for the first 8 weeks of the season, then he should be moved to the #1 or #2 spot.

If we signed Rob Moore or Chris Carter, I would expect us to cut either Mck or OG - likely the former.

If we signed Pat Johnson or Wilkins, they could a return guy and extra WR.

Look, we need at least five WRs each game. We only have four adequate WRs right now, and one of them (Ward) is most likely going to return punts, and his health is going to be in question.

Instead of adding essentially a nobody to be our fifth WR at the league minimum, would it not make more sense to add Cris Carter at the league minimum instead?

Last year our WRs core was beat up near the end, and it showed.

You can almost never have enough depth at any position, really.

As much euphoria as I've had over the trade for Williams I will have that much disdain if the 'Fins bring in Carter. He's a loud mouthed, cry baby who's only good if he can be the man; he's not the man and wouldn't be the man in Miami.

JUST SAY NO TO THE BIGGEST CRY BABY IN FOOTBALL: "CRYIN" CHRIS CARTER!!!:yell:

The guy only became a baby this past year. Anyone would have been frustrated with that team. First he lost a good friend in Stringer. After that, the Vikings' defense sucked, as per usual, and they had a poor-ass running game this season too. They finished 6-10 in the end.

You think Carter's reaction to all of that was bad? Imagine how some fans in Miami would be if we finished 6-10.

There is no way we are cutting McKnight. First of all he was misused a lot in the slot because of the phins wanting to have Gagsden start and to use Chambers on the outside. Wanny even mentioned a couple days after the season ended that Gagsden was going to become the slot reciever with Chambers/McKnight on the outside to use their speed.

To cut McKnight would cost at least 1.2 million on just the signing bonus acceleration alone. Same with Todd Perry. The team will keep him as a backup rather then cut him and take that hit (ala heath irwin). It's too expensive to cut a player after the first year of a 5 year contract.

Originally posted by Blitz
The guy only became a baby this past year. Anyone would have been frustrated with that team. First he lost a good friend in Stringer. After that, the Vikings' defense sucked, as per usual, and they had a poor-ass running game this season too. They finished 6-10 in the end.

You think Carter's reaction to all of that was bad? Imagine how some fans in Miami would be if we finished 6-10.

You might want to check your history because he's been a baby his entire career. He just wasn't quite as vocal for a couple of years because he was "the man" in Minni and he had control over his protege' in Moss.

The excuses you're making about the Stringer death and the poor defense just shows how immature he is. You expect that type of behavior from a young hot head like Moss, but a seasoned vet like Carter should be a unifying force on the team, not someone who publicly berates his QB, coach, fellow WR (this is the only one that may have been called for), and especially his defense! No WR has the right to get in the defenses grills when the offensive unit isn't doing any better.

I'm not the only one who thinks this however, the Rams orginization also had some serious questions about this guy. Thus the reason he was scheduled to come in and meet with a whole entourage of veteran leadership from the Rams (Bruce, Warner, Faulk, etc.) None of these individuals nor some of the coaching staff trusted him and wanted to meet with him personally. When he didn't show for his meetings Martz figured they were all right about his questionable character and discontinued any and all talk of Carter becoming a Ram.

CHRIS CARTER + ANY NFL TEAM = PROBLEMS

I AGREE BLITZ

Originally posted by Blitz
Look, we need at least five WRs each game. We only have four adequate WRs right now, and one of them (Ward) is most likely going to return punts, and his health is going to be in question.

Instead of adding essentially a nobody to be our fifth WR at the league minimum, would it not make more sense to add Cris Carter at the league minimum instead?

Last year our WRs core was beat up near the end, and it showed.

You can almost never have enough depth at any position, really.

You can never have enough WR's. We need to fill that fifth receiver spot with someone that can also return punts and/or kickoffs so we don't have to use any of our major starters for those roles.

Whats with all the McKnight bashing going on. We could do a helluva lot worse then him. Replacing McKnight is a ridiculous idea, and I believe Wannie is not even considering that. McKnight was not being used right last year, he is not a slot receiver. Gasden should have been in the slot last season, I couldn't understand why they were not able to realize that until after the season was over (better late than never though). McKnight had a bad season last year because he was in the slot, but I watched McKnight in his final year with the Cowboys as the starting wideout and he can make things happen going deep. There were at least four or five times last season where McKnight got behind the coverage and Fiedler overthrew him everytime. That's what McKnight can do best is use his speed to get behind coverages. Yes, I know his hands are questionable at times but that is another story :) . With Chambers on the other side and the type of year he had, Chambers will start drawing double coverages and the attention of the other teams top cover man, as a result; McKnight could end up having a career year from the other wideout positon.

The reason why Ward was given a contract extension was to make his cap # more friendly for us, NOT to insinuate that McKnight is on his way out. Name one FA wide receiver out there that would be considered an upgrade at the wideout positon (not the slot position) over McKnight at a good price? There are none, unless Chris Carter decides to lower his asking price of 2 million a year.

We are set with our top 4 WR's. Chambers and McKnight on the outside (unbelievable speed there). Gasden and Ward in the slots (very good positon receivers). Chris Carter and Michael Westbrook are the only possible upgrades at this positon via free agency, but they are BIG name players demanding BIG time money that are BIG TIME HEAD CASES.

Sorry about the long-winded post everybody, but I had to get that off my chest.:D

AHHHHHHH, now I feel better:D

Fiedler to McKnight, bobbled pass, picked off...TD. Fiedler to McKnoght deep in the playoff game, hits James' shoulder pad, picked off.

James, needs to work on his concentration. I agree he has wheels, and can make some decent catches, but that kid had better step up this year, cause CC flat outplayed him last year.

Back
Top Bottom