Terrence Fede is unblockable? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Terrence Fede is unblockable?

My only concern with moving on from OV...

IS Wake only has a few more years in him...granted we could get by during that time, but it would be nice to keep OV, Wake and Fede with the idea that Wake won't be here in 2017

This is one of the key points IMO. That and finding strong pass rushers is not so easy -- it's a PREMIUM position and that means it commands premium $$. That's no OVs fault, and you can bet he'll get BIG $$ on the open market -- He's still very young and developing with ALL his best ball in front of him.

I don't understand how so many can just discount him and act as if he's only "OK." The kid is recognized around the league as a legit edge rusher and has done everything RIGHT in Miami (save the little scuffle in Charlotte). He's also a MIAMI product and that means something in the equation.

IMO it's important for the longer term stability of the franchise to find a way to keep players like OV. Bottom line, having a strong dominant DL is gonna cost some $$ one way or another.

That said, I'm not into paying him like a super star -- give him some big incentives on sacks etc. and just do everything possible to keep him. If we're destined to lose him then do everything possible to work out a deal and trade him. But counting on Wake for any length of time is risky IMO.

Jarvis Landry, Juwan James, Terrence Fede, and now Aiken getting a spotlight with Delmas out, that 2014 draft class is shaping up to be something truly special in the history of this franchise if the positive development continues. Plus Billy Turner potentially starting at guard. The days of relying on just big free agent signings and poor drafting with Ireland could finally be over for good.

Defensive snaps 2014:

Fede: 81
OV: 838

Way too many snaps for OV...no wonder he fizzled towards the end of the season. OV should be getting 500-600 snaps with Fede getting the rest this year. That should help keep him fresh for 16 games.

Regardless I wouldn't pay OV $12 million a year. If that's the asking price then it was nice knowing you. I'd be fine with Fede starting after this year.

I don't think anybody wants vernon at 12. Fede can step up and if Shelby is around we have a capable backup. Vernon better explode this year. If he does i could see Wake getting the boot in order to keep vernon. But if he doesn't do well. Vernon is gone

Fede can the volleyball spiker that drives opposing QBs nuts. Also, if Suh makes the QB have to try and escape to the edge, what a scary sight Fede would be for that panicking QB.

He has done more than Jordan Cameron yet nodody says he isnt worth his contract. Personally it all depends on what he does this year

Cameron gets 12 this year? Doesn't sound right maybe for 2 years

Why do people keep talking about OV and letting him walk when Wake is on the wrong side of 30.

I love every single thing about Cameron Wake, his story, his ethics, his character he is a role model football player for youth everywhere but I can't overlook the fact that time will catch him at some point and Miami has to have a replacement for him. Rarely does a an NFL team have the luxury of two stud DEs on a team. Wake makes Vernon better but there is going to be time soon where that isn't true anymore and if Fede makes that transition better than that is outstanding.

Pay OV, hope Fede continues to become a monster and let Wake play as long as he can. I mean I guess if you think Wake is going to play 4 or 5 more years than OV is expendable but let's be real, Wake is 34 at seasons end is he really going to play until he is almost 40?

Why do people keep talking about OV and letting him walk when Wake is on the wrong side of 30.

I love every single thing about Cameron Wake, his story, his ethics, his character he is a role model football player for youth everywhere but I can't overlook the fact that time will catch him at some point and Miami has to have a replacement for him. Rarely does a an NFL team have the luxury of two stud DEs on a team. Wake makes Vernon better but there is going to be time soon where that isn't true anymore and if Fede makes that transition better than that is outstanding.

Pay OV, hope Fede continues to become a monster and let Wake play as long as he can. I mean I guess if you think Wake is going to play 4 or 5 more years than OV is expendable but let's be real, Wake is 34 at seasons end is he really going to play until he is almost 40?
That's why if Vernon is a beast. I say let Wake go for Vernon to stay. If possible restructure Wake with the knowledge he will see less snaps

Way too many snaps for OV...no wonder he fizzled towards the end of the season. OV should be getting 500-600 snaps with Fede getting the rest this year. That should help keep him fresh for 16 games.

Regardless I wouldn't pay OV $12 million a year. If that's the asking price then it was nice knowing you. I'd be fine with Fede starting after this year.

How can you be? He's a seventh round pick from a D2 school that we've barely seen play. Regardless of what someone might think of Olivier Vernon and his future with us, the willingness of posters here to pencil in Fede as a future starter based solely on a couple rosey camp reports is absolutely confounding. That was my point of my original post; for everyone to slow their roll.

Also, Rawdog is the third best DE on the roster.

Defensive snaps 2014:

Fede: 81
OV: 838

6.5 sacks in 838 snaps is not very impressive, especially when offenses gameplan around the other DE. I like OV, but he needs to take a step up this year to be worth anything close to 10-12 million a year.

6.5 sacks in 838 snaps is not very impressive, especially when offenses gameplan around the other DE. I like OV, but he needs to take a step up this year to be worth anything close to 10-12 million a year.

He had 11.5 (which seems to be around everyone's magical number) in 2013 playing 908 snaps. By far the most amount of snaps of any lineman on our team over that two year period. Unlike Wake, they don't pull him off the field in obvious running situations. Not that he's the natural edge rusher Wake is, anyway, but it doesn't help when you're also logging a 1/3rd more snaps than him. Judging an end based solely off sacks seems lazy to me.

He had 11.5 (which seems to be around everyone's magical number) in 2013 playing 908 snaps. By far the most amount of snaps of any lineman on our team over that two year period. Unlike Wake, they don't pull him off the field in obvious running situations. Not that he's the natural edge rusher Wake is, anyway, but it doesn't help when you're also logging a 1/3rd more snaps than him. Judging an end based solely off sacks seems lazy to me.

OV isn't very good against the run either...

OV isn't very good against the run either...

I never got that impression. Apparently the coaches didn't either, because he never got pulled off the field. I would be willing to discuss it, though, but only if we're talking about factual examples, and not simply assertions.

Back
Top Bottom