Terrence Fede is unblockable? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Terrence Fede is unblockable?

normaldude

Starter
Reaction score
Lately, there's been some talk about DE Terrence Fede becoming a real monster. This could be a big deal, since Olivier Vernon is in his final year, and wants a $12 million/yr contract.

------------------
August 20, 2015

Two players that stood out to me today during the offensive line/defensive line drill were Ndamukong Suh and Terrence Fede. It's no surprise about the dominance of Suh, consistently winning individual match-ups and gaining penetration into the offensive backfield. But Fede's athletic make-up gives the Dolphins defensive end position a player that can be counted on when they decide to use him. There wasn't a tackle on the Panthers offensive line that could handle him in individual work for two days! His blend of quickness and technique has come so far in one season that he can be counted on this year when his number is called.

http://www.miamidolphins.com/news/a...Practice/4d42738f-23c5-410c-bdc3-191fb65c2234

------------------
August 5, 2015

The most improved players thus far in Miami Dolphins training camp isn’t who you would expect. It is not quarterback Ryan Tannehill or tailback Lamar Miller or even last-year's first-round pick, Ja'Wuan James.

Miami’s most improved player after one week has been 2014 seventh-round pick Terrence Fede.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/pos...ence-fede-looks-poised-to-make-jump-in-year-2

------------------
June 02, 2015

..I have it on good authority the Jordan deal, which comes in at about $12 million annually (APY) when you include incentives, is what Vernon will use as the floor for his coming negotiations with the Dolphins.

Vernon can easily look at himself as a $12 million per year player after this season because the only way the Dolphins can keep him after this season is to sign him to a multi-year deal that pays him market dollars now established by Jordan ... or use a $15 million or so franchise tag on him.

And if the Dolphins apply the franchise tag on Vernon in 2016, the only way they keep him in 2017 without signing him to a deal that by then probably averages $15 million APY is by franchising him again. And that second franchise tag would be 120 percent higher than the first or about $17.7 million for one year.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolp...er-vernon-a-12-million-a-year-player-yes.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Will see what kind of year they both have when the bullets start flying for real. Vernon started out so strong last year.

Wanna see it against the big boys and see it consistently! Hoping he gets some good reps against Carolina this weekend...especially if vernon is in the dog house for fighting during practice.

It's an interesting situation brewing. I don't like the idea of developing a young, talented player like OV and letting him go for nothing right before he hits his prime, but the numbers being floated around are ridiculous. Especially since there's a good chance Fede could beat him outright for the starting job. Which he could do even this year. He has the potential to be a more well rounded player. I really want to see Fede and OV push each other this year.

Interesting that the Miami Herald has effectively annointed Olivier Vernon as a minimum $12M per season player and cast Terrence Fede as his team replacement. By setting these expectations before a game is played, the Miami Herald appears to be trying to fuel speculation.
I am an Olivier fan but I haven't seen enough from him to warrant $12 - 15M/season. I thought that he underperformed last season and he needs to improve this year.

Remember when we got yelled at for not drafting michael sam over fede?

Guess hickey knew what he was doing.

Ill be honest I didn't expect fede would be this good this fast, his tape was good but against that.level of.competition, hard to.judge.

Remember when we got yelled at for not drafting michael sam over fede?

Guess hickey knew what he was doing.

Ill be honest I didn't expect fede would be this good this fast, his tape was good but against that.level of.competition, hard to.judge.

Who did?

Someone in the media did, i domt remember who, they tried to accuse us of not taking sam since hes gay without straight up saying it, basically saying how did we pass a sec d end with 10 sacks.for a guy.from.marist.

Tbh I can't believe we scouted a guy from marist, props to hickey he doesn't discriminate small schools.and it could pay off big for us.

Defensive snaps 2014:

Fede: 81
OV: 838

[video=youtube;Od1CiMyjd1Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Od1CiMyjd1Q[/video]

I think Vernon will be gone next year, we just don't have the cap space to re-sign him. I just hope we can get something for him.

I can't wait for this defense to release hell on earth for everyone. Many QB's and RB's will have their dicks thrown in the dirt!

1411441379451.jpg

I also doubt OV stays next year...glad to hear we might have a potential replacement for him. We will probably draft a DE high as well.

Back
Top Bottom