Terrible WR signings | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Terrible WR signings

Ignorance is bliss with some of the people on this board. We're the laughing stock of social media right now. Everyone knows our MO and we do it like clockwork. We should make a run at Jordy Nelson too while were at it. I'm sure And I said "I'm done with this team" as in I can't take anymore, not that I'm leaving as a fan. Thoroughly frustrated by the incompetence year after year. It's not Landry's fault Gase was one of the most conservative play callers in the NFL last year and that he signed off on bringing in Cutler. Bubble Screens seem to work..NOT. The personnel we had last year (Stills, Grant, Parker) was more than enough to stretch the field if he wanted to. Lets see how good Tannehill does now without Landry and a lack of a TE. I'm not trying to be the bad guy here. I'm just trying to be realistic.

Social media? I sure hope the sun comes up tomorrow.

"Football intelligence."

It's a phrase coaches use to encompass things like a player's ability to learn the playbook, read and recognize quickly what's happening on the field, and respond appropriately in game situations. And it has nothing necessarily to do with a player's book smarts, or IQ, or anything like that. Absorb, understand, and make use of information in real time while a guy is trying to take your head off. And avoid making mistakes. Some guys are better at it than others.

The coach complained loudly about players not studying the playbook and understanding it to be ready for game situations. The fans have complained loudly about players making bonehead mistakes all the time.

They're trying to get smarter and I appreciate that. If Adam Gase is going to sink or swim, he should sink or swim with guys who fit the mold of what he wants as football players, and that is guys who are dedicated to football and can apply coaching lessons on the field, rather than the most physically talented guys.

If it works, then we will all be happy. If it doesn't work, he will be fired. Either way, the coach will get a chance to do it his way with his guys.
I agree this is what he’s doing. I didn’t get it until the Amendola signing. That signing is about smarts and veteran leadership in the WR room.

"Football intelligence."

It's a phrase coaches use to encompass things like a player's ability to learn the playbook, read and recognize quickly what's happening on the field, and respond appropriately in game situations. And it has nothing necessarily to do with a player's book smarts, or IQ, or anything like that. Absorb, understand, and make use of information in real time while a guy is trying to take your head off. And avoid making mistakes. Some guys are better at it than others.

The coach complained loudly about players not studying the playbook and understanding it to be ready for game situations. The fans have complained loudly about players making bonehead mistakes all the time.

They're trying to get smarter and I appreciate that. If Adam Gase is going to sink or swim, he should sink or swim with guys who fit the mold of what he wants as football players, and that is guys who are dedicated to football and can apply coaching lessons on the field, rather than the most physically talented guys.

If it works, then we will all be happy. If it doesn't work, he will be fired. Either way, the coach will get a chance to do it his way with his guys.

I get what you're saying I just find it odd that Landry is being portrayed as a guy who didn't study the playbook and so forth yet was never benched or reprimanded for doing his own thing, instead he was rewarded by being made the focal point of the offense.

I don't believe this is just about football intelligence I think it's probably about personality clashes more than anything.

Why is everyone saying we could’ve had Landry for the price of the two replacement signings? Fact is Miami didn’t want Landry long term because he isn’t bought in.

Fins need to scrub the roster and all of you need to stop merely looking at stats.

We're definitely adding some scrubs to the roster, so.....

"Football intelligence."

Exactly this. I was going to post something similar, but you beat me to the punch.

I definitely thought "HUH??" when i heard we signed Amendola. I wasn't happy about it...I guess it all depends on how the passing game pans out. If it's what we envisioned when Gase first got here with Tannehill at his best, then I'd love to be proven wrong. Do what needs to be done, they know better than me and god knows the current WR corps was not lighting the world on fire.

Time to change the old avatar...

Jay Cutler signing was bad, hindsight is 20/20. I was all for it, gave me hope for last year but it blew up in our face. Carroo may in fact be a bust. Grant is going to be good. Coach Gase was constantly calling players out for not studying the playbook and freelancing. DO YOUR JOB. I think a pretty successful coach said this. Let it play out before we hold hands and jump off the bridge. I still trust Gase, I still think Tannenbaum is incompetent.

This is what the dolphins always do. Don't resign Landry for 14mill a year and then sign two average players equaling 14 million. AM I MISSING SOMETHING HERE? A guy who barely topped 500 yds receiving ever in his career and a 32 year old injury prone slot receiver. Why couldn't we resign Landry? I'm done with this team, bone head after bone head move. JUST REBUILD ALREADY blow it up ship off all our players over 28.
You do realise the Phins have signed 2 players that can contribute? I'm only asking because your post says you are done with the team. I've supported the Phins since 1985. I was spoilt in the 1st 10yrs plus. Don't ever say "I'm done with this team". I've seen t-rex crap built up to a total crap mountain the last decade but I'm hanging in there. My golden days were Marino, Offerdahl, Duper, Blackwoods, Clayton, Jensen, Thomas, JT, Stephenson, Sims, Webb, Williams, Byars, Surtain, Fryar, Madison.....the list goes on. We go on. I won't ever post saying "im done with this team". That's snowflake b.s. at its finest. Yes the team sucks but what's new in the last decade? Nothing. We made playoffs once lately so a few player moves shouldn't make you dismiss the team as a fan. Seriously? Keep the faith.

I keep reading that we're trying to be a smarter team...does that mean we're going to draft based on wonderlic scores? Only going to draft players who earned a degree? This isn't a job of academia, this is football you can be dumb as rocks and still be good because you just know how to play football or you're just physically gifted. I think they call it instincts or just having natural ability.

Landry had 400 catches while not being very smart apparently, what would he have done if he was a smarter player?....500? Maybe if he was smarter he could have applied to be the OC and stopped calling unsucessful bubble screens and 5 yard routes for himself, so people can stop saying 8.8 like a pep rally chant.

Maybe he would have had a better understanding of the playbook and shown a dedication to studying opponents. Instead, he had a **** ton of catches with not a whole lot else to show for it

The #Ravens are expected to sign #Redskins FA WR Ryan Grant, source said. It’s a 4-year deal worth $29M with $14.5M guaranteed, source said. He gets a $10M signing bonus.

Albert Wilson is younger than Grant and has put up better numbers than Grant. So are the Ravens dumb for making that contract offer for a longer deal and more guaranteed money?

Back
Top Bottom