Terrible WR signings | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Terrible WR signings

Amendola OR Wilson would be fine. I just don't get signing both when you already have Stills, Parker, Grant and Caroo.

The #Ravens are expected to sign #Redskins FA WR Ryan Grant, source said. It’s a 4-year deal worth $29M with $14.5M guaranteed, source said. He gets a $10M signing bonus.

Albert Wilson is younger than Grant and has put up better numbers than Grant. So are the Ravens dumb for making that contract offer for a longer deal and more guaranteed money?

I was just about to post this.

Let's add rotos take on it:

Ravens agreed to terms with WR Ryan Grant, formerly of the Redskins, on a four-year, $29 million contract.

The deal contains $14.5 million guaranteed, including a $10 million signing bonus. This is a real head-scratcher and reeks of desperation from GM Ozzie Newsome, who promised to overhaul the receiving corps, only to whiff on every other big name available. Grant, entering his age-28 year, came into 2017 with 39 career catches for 412 yards and two scores before "breaking out" for a 45-573-4 line last season. He's the new default No. 1 receiver in Baltimore."

If it was Tannenbaum and not Newsome this place's collective head would have exploded.

Amendola OR Wilson would be fine. I just don't get signing both when you already have Stills, Parker, Grant and Caroo.

Because Stills and Parker are the only two starting caliber receivers you mentioned, Parker has an injury history, and we're in three wide the vast majority of the time?

Because Stills and Parker are the only two starting caliber receivers you mentioned, Parker has an injury history, and we're in three wide the vast majority of the time?

Yes, but why not draft one at some point instead in the mid-rounds and use the money given to one of these new FA receivers to another position like OL or elsewhere?

Yes, but why not draft one at some point instead in the mid-rounds and use the money given to one of these new FA receivers to another position like OL or elsewhere?

If the board falls that way we still might draft WR(s), and if there are other positions we like in this FA class I'm sure we'll be making more offers.

And vice versa, why sign an OL to a bloated contract when you can draft one?

This is what the dolphins always do. Don't resign Landry for 14mill a year and then sign two average players equaling 14 million. AM I MISSING SOMETHING HERE? A guy who barely topped 500 yds receiving ever in his career and a 32 year old injury prone slot receiver. Why couldn't we resign Landry? I'm done with this team, bone head after bone head move. JUST REBUILD ALREADY blow it up ship off all our players over 28.
You didn't see Amandola play in the playoffs did you?

I guess this rules out Ridley in the first round.

This is what the dolphins always do. Don't resign Landry for 14mill a year and then sign two average players equaling 14 million. AM I MISSING SOMETHING HERE? A guy who barely topped 500 yds receiving ever in his career and a 32 year old injury prone slot receiver. Why couldn't we resign Landry? I'm done with this team, bone head after bone head move. JUST REBUILD ALREADY blow it up ship off all our players over 28.

Yes you are.

Trying to be a smart team is fine.....but what about being a physically skilled and diverse team with weapons to challenge any defense?

Signing Wilson - $8M seems steep but i get it. He was Landry's replacement. 5'9 and extremely quick for the slot. I felt the per year salary is much too high for a slot WR3 (although i admit i haven't seen guaranteed money) that is easier to replace than outside WR or other position, especially for a guy who is still unproven. I read his drop% is ~4%, which also seems high for a guy catching screen and short passes. But whatever. Then to double down with another slot in Amendola? Call me baffled. Another slot guy at 5'11 who's hurt a lot and only plays ~50% snaps at 32 years of age, while also guaranteeing him the amount of money they did? Plus Grant is still on the roster. Most teams carry 6 WRs....and we're going to carry 3 slots? Carroo and Stills are 6'1, Parker is 6'3. We have no size and no physicality out wide because Parker doesn't play big.

Is T-Failurebom trying to replicate the NE Patriots? He's missing a big piece....Tom Brady. Having a few quick guys is fine, but you also need so guys with a bigger catch radius who can body off DBs, beat press coverage, catch fades, etc. I still don't understand the identity and direction of this team/roster.

this is what i preach for years...put a limit at maybe 100-150 posts to be able to start threads....thats a way to prohibit bullshit like his.....

IMHO our WR corp is starting to look more like the Pats WR corp. They are always playing with a bunch of slot type WRs. Now we need the stud seam threat TE to complement these guys. If Parker plays close to his potential we are looking really strong at the position.

Did they win with Landry? Just asking.
And better question....did the offense produce with Landry?

I like Landry. But at the end of the day, he had only one year in his career where he topped 7 yards per target. Wilson topped that three times in four years and last year was over at 9 yards per target.

The Amendola signing I'm not in love with, but I do like Wilson quite a bit.

Back
Top Bottom